Emory, is a winner

19 year old kid gets one start, wins, gets benched and no more reps until the biggest game of the season. Has a bad game throwing the ball and he goes from the top of the hill to the bottom of the river.

He had a couple moments and gave up his body several times. Hoping for the best.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jordan Travis is a terrible comp.
I get it but he couldn’t throw. Right? He couldn’t throw. It appears he doesn’t run much anymore. Has turned himself into a good passer. I don’t know if Emory can get better but i am confident nobody is going to outwork him to be. So I can’t in good conscience bet against him. Yes we need a portal qb.

I get it but he couldn’t throw. Right? He couldn’t throw. It appears he doesn’t run much anymore. Has turned himself into a good passer. I don’t know if Emory can get better but i am confident nobody is going to outwork him to be. So I can’t in good conscience bet against him. Yes we need a portal qb.
He still can't but he has another dynamic that Emory won't ever possess.

Advertisement
Respect to Emory for his toughness. Kid fought and that'll earn the respect of his teammates.

He also went 1-for-9 passing for -3 yards with 8 straight incompletions in the second half before the TD to George midway through the 4th quarter. We had just 81 yards passing entering the fourth quarter, over half of which came from George on YAC (one WR screen and one quick slant where he broke 2 tackles). Completed 35% of his passes.

Not knocking Emory as he never should've been put in this position by a head coach who's done a historically **** poor job with the entire QB room ever since he arrived. It's important to keep perspective here, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back