Emory, is a winner

Emory Williams accounted for 20 points with zero turnovers as a true freshman making his second start, first in a month, on the road, in a night game against the #4 team in the country.

What's crazy to me is that every decision he made appeared to be the correct decision. Even when he took sacks, it was the right decision. Yes, he threw a handful of bad balls but he threw them to the correct read each time.

Advertisement
One other thing - Lots of folks are always calling for a mobile QB. Emory might not be a guy who can break off 20+ yard runs but he picked up two critical first downs with his legs. Both times he went into contact and didn't shy away from it.

If he adds 20 or so pounds to his frame, he can be even more effective in those situations.

Emory Williams accounted for 20 points with zero turnovers as a true freshman making his second start, first in a month, on the road, in a night game against the #4 team in the country.

What's crazy to me is that every decision he made appeared to be the correct decision. Even when he took sacks, it was the right decision. Yes, he threw a handful of bad balls but he threw them to the correct read each time.

Sometimes, you can overcome turnovers with a high powered offense but not with Mario Ball. Which, i would have imagined Mario would have FAR LESS PATIENCE with a qb turning the ball over but he didn’t. It was almost as if it wasn’t a big deal ti him.

Advertisement

He also didn’t get full reps this week since they were split

look at it this way - imagine he doesn’t get hurt and the last play that Tyler threw an interception happens the exact same way. Do you think Emory also throws the ball back across the middle of the field against him running to the right or do you think he sees the two receivers right in front of him, coming back for the ball and give us a better if still not guaranteed shot of making That play.

i think we know he would at least SEE the right place to throw it which gives you a chance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back