Emmert

I understand the argument that they are in the SEC's pocket and don't want to make it a more equal playing field, but how would doing this hurt the NCAA's revenue? There has to be more of a reason that they are trying to get this blocked.

I haven't looked up stats as far as views, but i would imagine more people would follow CFB if they didn't know who was going to be in the playoffs a year before a football is snapped. Am i wrong for thinking that having more teams being competitive would increase merch sales, views, and profit for the NCAA?

Advertisement
tenor.gif
I had plantains last week with my Cuban sammich. Guess he means me?

He is brilliant. Alabama invented the Foundation and now the majority of SEC teams have them. Emmert placed himself at the top of the NCAA to protect his fiefdom. They turned a dilapidated region that solely focused on SEC championships into the bastion of college football.

Miami, USC and Texas have sizable advantages over these SEC schools and Emmert and his back-woods cronies outmaneuvered three of the best run universities in the Country. Devious and unethical but brilliant.

Advertisement
Out of curiosity, why?
I meant to add that I shouldn't view that in a light where I lump every single person into one..because obviously there are way too many genuinely good people in any age group..but to avoid spiraling anything out into any political spiel that everyone on this board loves to get into haha, ill just leave it at..IMO I feel like the vast majority of problems in any facet of this country/world come mostly from people in charge within that 1946-64 birth range, with archaic mentalities.

Advertisement
“Out of curiosity, why?”

Because he or possibly she thinks that the baby boomer generation has taken and not given back to them. I’m a gen x’er if you want to label.

Once the baby boomers die off then everyone will have riches beyond there wildest dreams.

I meant to add that I shouldn't view that in a light where I lump every single person into one..because obviously there are way too many genuinely good people in any age group..but to avoid spiraling anything out into any political spiel that everyone on this board loves to get into haha, ill just leave it at..IMO I feel like the vast majority of problems in any facet of this country/world come mostly from people in charge within that 1946-64 birth range, with archaic mentalities.
This generation will make it all better.

38C8C500-187A-4F60-8A6F-ECE0A2FB3D43.gif

Advertisement
I never said that haha. For all we know it will be an even bigger ****show 😂
I didn’t say you did. I get your post. It’s alarming that some people think that type of triggered individual will be better for the country.

However, like it has been for a few hundred years, meat heads and common sense will split down the middle and we will be ok.

I didn’t say you did. I get your post. It’s alarming that some people think that type of triggered individual will be better for the country.

However, like it has been for a few hundred years, meat heads and common sense will split down the middle and we will be ok.
Absolutely agree. We're unfortunately nothing more than bystanders at the end of the day lol

Fvcker makes $3 million a year. SMDH
And if he does, good for him. I want everyone to make there money. I don’t care who you are. The kids should be allowed to make there money to. I don’t care what school you are at. If a player gets his mom or dad a job or a nice “Bag” because of his talent then so be it. If Miami can’t out bid LSU then so be it.

No need to cap income if you go and get it or it’s handed to you. What if I said we would cap your raise at .50 cent per hour instead of the .75 cent you were looking for?

Advertisement

Here's a piece showing numbers for the SEC's current deal with CBS and the new deal they just signed with Disney (ABC/ESPN). In short, the SEC schools received $43 million a year and that's expected to go up by an additional $20 million a year.

The fun will begin when congress gets involved. You'll have the triggered generation (as mentioned above) demanding the Heisman candidate football player be paid the same amount of money as the freshman, back up woman's volleyball player.

Should be an epic ****show to behold. #GetThePopcorn

The NCAA wants to protect the SEC/Big10 schools in podunk towns, because the potential advertising and endorsement revenue in a large metropolitan area is exponentially larger than where these SEC schools are. This will drive kids to sign with larger city schools and draw talent away from these SEC/Big10 schools in small college towns.

Why aren't they working harder to limit coaching/program salary pools instead of trying to limit student earning potential?
Disagree.

People in Miami and USC aren’t fawning over their players the way state schools do. Urban fan bases are a lot more fair weather.

The booster networks at state schools are huge. They’ll buy more gear and all the guys that own car dealerships, dentist offices, etc will pay them what they are now, and it’ll be legal. Then their urban boosters will get them hooked up in the nearest metropolises.

Advertisement
Back