Email from Blake James courtesy the inimitable JoeGrind...

Advertisement
...from WEZ

Email from Blake:

I believe that everyone has the potential within them to be a champion. To be a winner in life and, for those who enter the arena, a winner on the field or court. Yet, while winning games at Miami is exciting, it is not what makes our student-athletes champions.

Champions look for solutions instead of problems; they support one another; they push themselves beyond limits; and they do it all with integrity and class.

With the incredible support of our educators, coaches, staff and supporters such as yourself, our student athletes are excelling like never before. But there is always more we can do and we need your support.

Help to continue the championship tradition at "The U." Please give now . . . make an impact . . . and help continue Building Champions!

RIP, University of Miami Athletics.

That makes you a necrophiliac right?

...from WEZ

Email from Blake:

I believe that everyone has the potential within them to be a champion. To be a winner in life and, for those who enter the arena, a winner on the field or court. Yet, while winning games at Miami is exciting, it is not what makes our student-athletes champions.

Champions look for solutions instead of problems; they support one another; they push themselves beyond limits; and they do it all with integrity and class.

With the incredible support of our educators, coaches, staff and supporters such as yourself, our student athletes are excelling like never before. But there is always more we can do and we need your support.

Help to continue the championship tradition at "The U." Please give now . . . make an impact . . . and help continue Building Champions!

RIP, University of Miami Athletics.

That makes you a necrophiliac right?

It would if I was pluking and trying to pluke University of Miami Athletics.

Basically, UM wants to have a nice, little football program that doesn't cause embarrassment for the people in charge.

Advertisement
All college football teams lose games but not all college teams have empty stadiums and fly banners. Get over yourselves.

I discussed this a couple of weeks ago in depth. But when it comes to winning, you can win 1000+ life moments every day. At a maximum, you can win 14 football games in a season.

The simple math supports the new model of winning life moments over winning a few football games. I'll take 365,000 (life moment victories) and 7 (football losses) as my record every **** year of life. That's a winning percentage of 98%, which is a miracle.

pretty much the same letter sent to every alumni at every school.. but go ahead and get worked up and try to win points on here.

Advertisement
I wonder if that applies to other areas of the university?

Are you still a good student if you have a subpar SAT score and a middling GPA? Why does UM discriminate against people with lower high school test scores?

pretty much the same letter sent to every alumni at every school.. but go ahead and get worked up and try to win points on here.

I know you are trying your best to be above the fray, but it is laughable to believe that the AD of...say Alabama or FSU is telling alumni that winning on the field isn't what matters.

I don't get why they even need to ask for support. I thought they sold like 1.4 million additional season tickets for the upcoming season.

Advertisement
Every time there is news like this, you need to stop and ask yourself: would Alabama fan base allow this to happen? A winning team starts with a winning fan base. It seems. Stop crying.

Are you still a good student if you have a subpar SAT score and a middling GPA? Why does UM discriminate against people with lower high school test scores?

You might not be a good student if you got bad grades, but you could still be a winner, a champion in life, and a productive member of society who achieves greatness.

Mr. James didn't say we had great football players or a great football team, so your "good student" doesn't fit. He merely reiterated my new metrics of winning life moments when he stated that our athletes can still be winners and champions in life even if they don't win every football game.

Advertisement

You might not be a good student if you got bad grades, but you could still be a winner, a champion in life, and a productive member of society who achieves greatness.

Mr. James didn't say we had great football players or a great football team, so your "good student" doesn't fit. He merely reiterated my new metrics of winning life moments when he stated that our athletes can still be winners and champions in life even if they don't win every football game.

Then why won't UM let those students into their university? The ones with a 2.8 GPA and a 920 SAT. UM is actually holding these people back in life from becoming all they can be simply because they choose a win at all costs academic approach.

Why then does that not apply to its sports teams anymore?

Then why won't UM let those students into their university? The ones with a 2.8 GPA and a 920 SAT. UM is actually holding these people back in life from becoming all they can be simply because they choose a win at all costs academic approach.

Why then does that not apply to its sports teams anymore?

You can't let every student into your university just like you can't let every HS player onto your football team. But the ones that do matriculate at UM are shown a path to winning and being champions in the most important game of all--the game of life.

Advertisement
Back