Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

Mario Cristobal and the new coaching staff in Coral Gables turned right, they turned left and they saw five-stars and blue-chip recruits and ballyhooed prospects, as many of the nation’s best flocked to the Hurricanes campus this weekend for junior day.

And the elite players in town had a great time.

“The atmosphere was amazing,” the 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 receiver Brandon Inniss said. “I felt the energy in the building when I was talking to the coaches and just walking around. What stands out about Miami to me is how their coaches explain how they want to coach you and not just tell you. Coach (Bryan McClendon) will be a huge reason I decide to go there if I decide to go there.”

Inniss is also considering Alabama, Ohio State and USC and Cristobal and his staff are working to win these heavyweight battles on the trail.

“It was hype,” five-star defensive lineman Jayden Wayne said. “A lot of recruits there. A lot of fans. Brotherhood is strong here. The commitment to winning and building a strong brotherhood. The weather is really nice. The fans knew who I was already. I think Cristobal is going to change things around.”

“I loved it there,” the Top247’s No. 13 overall prospect in defensive lineman Derrick Leblanc said. “Great to be at, they’re going to change the program around. Everything just loved it there.”

Two of the top quarterbacks in the country spent time in Coral Gables in five-star Dante Moore who talked about his visit here and five-star Nicholaus Iamaleava who like Wayne came all the way from the West Coast.

“Definitely love Miami,” Iamaleava told 247Sports Saturday morning.

More five-stars that could be seen around the facility included offensive tackle Francis Mauigoa who was high on Oregon when Cristobal was running the show there, top-ranked cornerback Cormani McClain, athlete Samuel M'Pemba, running back Richard Young, edge rusher Malik Bryant and receiver Jalen Brown.

Beyond those already mentioned, there was a large group of Top247 prospects and four-star recruits.

“My visit was awesome,” Top247 tight end Mac Markway said. “Coach Cristobal and the staff took a lot of one-on-one time with me. He was passionate and genuine. They are invested in the tight end position with Coach (Stephen) Field and Coach Woodiel.My cousin played for Coach McClendon too. He was cool. Coach (Alex) Mirabal was great as well. They are invested in the front offensive seven. Love the small school feel on campus. Coach Cristobal is definitely bringing The U back! They are at the top of list!”

“Man it was amazing, the atmosphere was different, they are changing the program and how things are done,” four-star offensive lineman Knijeah Harris said. “I love the new staff and what they have planned for the future of the program and on top of that two of the best o-line guys in the nation in Cristobal and Mirabal is great considering the o-line play in Miami hasn't been the best recently. And my parents getting down getting to meet the coaches and see the campus again was great. Definitely enjoyed it and it left an amazing impression on me and my family.”

Stay tuned as more reaction comes in.
I really want Derrick LeBlanc in this class. Glad to see he loved his return visit. Hope his teammate John Walker will get interest but he likes Ohio state a lot .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Holy $h!t 😱

Holly **** indeed. 8:33 minutes of Highlights and you have to wait to the 8:22 mark to see the kid get tackled for the first time. Never seen anything like it.

Have to assume the comp isn't too rough because he's listed as 5'11/180 and looks big compared to the other kids and because every fvcken play on an 8.5 minute highlight reel is a td, but that is still incredible.

It looks like Mark Fletcher might be on his way out of town.

Read from a few folks there that he was disinterested for the most part and that interview was lukewarm at best.

That may be why Miami is putting the press on Young and some other RB’s in 23. Whatever, long time until December.
So you're saying he's the typical AH *******?

Advertisement
Broward 5-stars from AH will always be a tough pull, until we start making the playoffs annually we’re always gonna have a rough go at that school...

Luckily, we got a monster recruiter in Mario & two more monsters in Kevin Smith & BMac, so we have time on our side.

However, I’ve been saying for months now my top 2 in-state are Richard Young & Samuel Singleton, get either one & we’re getting a top tier back. FL is absolutely STACKED at RB for the 23 class, we’ll without question get a really good back whoever it is.

Young will be a very tough pull but give me a singleton (type) with Fletcher and we’re golden. I’ll have to watch more of his film but he’s potentially a 240 freshman RB. Is he a Derrick Henry type of a James wilder type?

I don't know why people attributing bust to small school kids. If someone is big and fast and has the athletic ability, that simply means they have to tools. When they get to college is on them to mentally develop and process information to get them to compete against similar, maybe even better talent.

Lots of big schools have busts. Look at Shannon's big recruiting class. Those guys were talented, some of the best high school squads of all time in south florida. They came to Miami and didn't develop. Its about development, in all aspects of these kids life. Thankfully there is a new regime and new mentality at Miami.
Ya know. Small schools don't equal bust because Derrick Henry was playing against what looked like a bunch of middle schoolers and TODAY it still looks like he's playing against a bunch of middle schoolers lol

BTW I'd put Derrick Henry highlight tape in that Top 3 for sure. Doesn't he own like the most RB yards of all time in Florida HS football? If not now, he did at the time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back