Elite 11 Final Rankings

Advertisement
Advertisement

If you remember my eval I did on Jaden in this thread, this has been a consistent theme I’ve said about him since he first posted on the board back in February...

The velocity he generates on the ball is significant & sets him apart from a lot of other QB’s in this class.

NO. 8 JADEN RASHADA (MIAMI COMMIT)​

Jaden Rashada, Pittsburg (Calif.)- Miami
Rashada came out firing during his pro day session, showing easy arm action and accuracy to all levels of the field. He flashed great touch on the deep ball and trusted his arm strength to get the ball downfield before finishing the round with a couple of under-thrown balls in tight windows. Still, Rashada looked comfortable with his mechanics and had some impressive completions. In terms of his arm talent, he's near the top of this year's class. Consistency is the only thing really holding him back from being a top five guy for the week but his tools are obvious.

This is from SI. the ranking vary from company to company. 247 doesn't have him in the top 11 but SI has him top 3 for day 2

3. Emory Williams - Miami

Score: 53

Money throws: 14

Williams excelled at both the short and intermediate throws. In fact, he was arguably the most consistent from those two categories. His footwork improved from Day 1 to Day 2, and it helped him to throw to areas of the field with even better timing and rhythm. Williams is charging up the rankings for Elite 11, completing nearly as many "money" throws as the top two competitors of the evening.

The whole thing is unimportant.
ESPN recently ranked their top 20 best Elite 11 QBs ever. Here's the list:

20. Sean White
19. Spencer Rattler
18. Caleb Williams
17. Blake Barnett
16. Davis Mills
15. Bryce Young
14. Jeff Driskel
13. Trevor Lawrence
12. Kyle Allen
11. Cade Klubnik
10. Ben Olson
9. Aaron Murray
8. Kyle Wright
7. Jameis Winston
6. Mark Sanchez
5. Blaine Gabbert
4. Tua Tagovailoa
3. Matthew Stafford
2. CJ Stroud
1. Justin Fields

Advertisement
The disparity in the rankings from company to company is astounding. I question how that is possible.

Then I look at the videos, and its just QBs throwing to uncovered WRs with no pressure.

So I see why there is a disparity. Its pretty hard to distinguish between players just tossing the ball.

Glad we have both that are committed to us. As someone else mentioned, hoping we can keep both till early signing day.

On a side note, crazy how the Vols had to go OOS to pay big money for their commit while having two in state studs just hours away.

Everyone has to remember than as in all walks of life, there are politics involved in these rankings.

There’s no way that one company can have a kid ranked 3rd, and the other company has him not even in the top 11. That is asinine.

I thought that both of them looked sharp, and both of them balled out. Take the rankings at Elite 11 with a grain of salt. Both of these kids are top tier dudes, and both are still developing.

ESPN recently ranked their top 20 best Elite 11 QBs ever. Here's the list:

20. Sean White
19. Spencer Rattler
18. Caleb Williams
17. Blake Barnett
16. Davis Mills
15. Bryce Young
14. Jeff Driskel
13. Trevor Lawrence
12. Kyle Allen
11. Cade Klubnik
10. Ben Olson
9. Aaron Murray
8. Kyle Wright
7. Jameis Winston
6. Mark Sanchez
5. Blaine Gabbert
4. Tua Tagovailoa
3. Matthew Stafford
2. CJ Stroud
1. Justin Fields
At least half of those were busts. Point stands

Advertisement
Everyone has to remember than as in all walks of life, there are politics involved in these rankings.

There’s no way that one company can have a kid ranked 3rd, and the other company has him not even in the top 11. That is asinine.

I thought that both of them looked sharp, and both of them balled out. Take the rankings at Elite 11 with a grain of salt. Both of these kids are top tier dudes, and both are still developing.
Unless the difference is just so small

The rankings are nonsense pay no attention to them. I watched all of day 2. Dante Moore was unquestionably the best qb. Dude is a day 1 starter wherever he goes. He’s different.

Emory is very accurate but he has a popcorn arm. Clear difference in velocity vs. the other arms. I get the Dorsey comparisons from that sense. His ceiling is limited because man has 80 throw power lol

Rashada Is the exact opposite. Maybe the strongest arm at the event. He’s on some Stephen Morris ish. Ball flies out of his hand and his deep balls were arguably the best of the night. However, short and intermediate accuracy was a problem. He dirted a ball then missed wide on an out route. He seemed rushed and was forcing velocity.

These guys are complete opposites. Jaden walks on campus with 96 throw power and 76 accuracy. Emory has 80 throw power with 89 accuracy lol

I think Emory will rise to high 3 star but his lack of arm strength will keep him from being a blue chip guy. Jaden may fall a little bit to a high 4 star due to his accuracy. However, his arm talent is special which puts his ceiling is as high as anyone in the class.

Advertisement
The rankings are nonsense pay no attention to them. I watched all of day 2. Dante Moore was unquestionably the best qb. Dude is a day 1 starter wherever he goes. He’s different.

Emory is very accurate but he has a popcorn arm. Clear difference in velocity vs. the other arms. I get the Dorsey comparisons from that sense. His ceiling is limited because man has 80 throw power lol

Rashada Is the exact opposite. Maybe the strongest arm at the event. He’s on some Stephen Morris ish. Ball flies out of his hand and his deep balls were arguably the best of the night. However, short and intermediate accuracy was a problem. He dirted a ball then missed wide on an out route. He seemed rushed and was forcing velocity.

These guys are complete opposites. Jaden walks on campus with 96 throw power and 76 accuracy. Emory has 80 throw power with 89 accuracy lol

I think Emory will rise to high 3 star but his lack of arm strength will keep him from being a blue chip guy. Jaden may fall a little bit to a high 4 star due to his accuracy. However, his arm talent is special which puts his ceiling is as high as anyone in the class.
You saw what I saw and I think Jackson Arnold is another that could be a Day 1 guy.

I honestly don't care about elite 11 at all. It's a cool experience for the recruits but means absolutely nothing. Awesome we have 2 commits there for sure.
I 100% agree. That's what I was arguing with CIS over rankings when we only had Emory Williams the so called "3-star" as our only QB commit.

Everyone takes a ranking an extrapolates it to a kid's future ability as a ceiling good or bad. It's just someone's opinion based on a narrow evaluation of high school kids. What anyone will become is up to them. Who we are today is not who we will be in the future good or bad.

The two biggest qualities I look for in QBs are arm talent (including accuracy) and the ability to quickly process information. Our two QB recruits have both.

I think people want the Elite 11 Finals to validate whatever opinion they have on a QB or set of QBs.

The fact is these evaluations are all over the map. You have the Elite 11 evals where neither Emory Willams or Jaden Rashada are in the top 11 after day 1. Then you have 247 with Rashada at #6 and Williams at #11. Sports Illustrated has Williams at #13 and Rashada at #16.

So much if the evaluations are subjective even by the Elite 11 evaluators.

The reality is that the Elite 11 evals will factor into the recruiting rankings that people cherish so much.

This is a great experience for these young men.
It's great to talk about. Maybe it boosts their confidence if they performed well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back