Elite 11 Final Rankings

Advertisement
having direct experience with this, i will say that the last thing I'm super worried about with a 6 ft 4 inch tall 17 year old, is "arm strength." That can (and wil) be developed. I've told all the QB's I've mentored: anyone can help make you bigger, stronger, faster .... but nobody can fix stupid
I agree. He’s much bigger than I thought he would be. He’s not a skinny 6’4 he’s a guy that will look the part. In most cases I’ll take deadly accurate over velocity all day. After watching him I’m convinced he can be a good college qb. The question is will it be here or somewhere else. Before I was on team jag.

It’s clear we have 2 good QBs in this class, don’t care what the final elite 11 rankings say.

Just the fact that we have two QB commits at the Elite 11 Finals camp is amazing. Im not sure I've ever seen that from a single school before.

Granted it used to be 11, then 12 and now its 20 QB's that make the Elite 11 finals, but still.

Advertisement
Ok clown I'll play along:
Davis Mills spent 5 years in college never threw over 2k yards. He threw double digit touchdowns once.
Spencer Rattler went from Heisman favorite and projected 1st round pick to maybe he'd get drafted.
Blaine Gabbert had one decent college season and amounted to dog**** in NFL.
I'll concede Aaron Murray had a good college career but as the #2 QB in class the expectation is to become a 1st round pick.
Mark Sanchez had a really good Junior year outside of that he's a bust I think its safe to say all of New York would agree.
BEFB5F18-AF92-4690-B331-9DCEE1AADF1D.gif

D743295B-E8F7-42A6-B83B-8680C2A739C0.gif

Advertisement
Carlos Del Rio, our former QB who now at Syracuse, was lighting up the Elite 11 two years ago and looked like ****** this past spring. Just like you said, put NO stock in the Elite 11…..NONE

if you're gonna use language like ^^this^^, use a "spoiler" or use abbreviations (d.p.)

Biggins, Wiltfong, Blair Angulo, and Chris Singletary from 247 had Rashada at 9 and Emory just outside of top 11.

Don't think that impacts Rashada much but we'll probably see Emory jump the furthest in rankings considering he was the lowest ranked QB coming into the event. I'd imagine he becomes a 4 star prospect and maybe gets into top 20 QB rankings?

Biggins, Wiltfong, Blair Angulo, and Chris Singletary from 247 had Rashada at 9 and Emory just outside of top 11.

Don't think that impacts Rashada much but we'll probably see Emory jump the furthest in rankings considering he was the lowest ranked QB coming into the event. I'd imagine he becomes a 4 star prospect and maybe gets into top 20 QB rankings?
Yeah Emory is definitely going to shoot up in the rankings

Advertisement
I’ve been waiting to hear from you regarding both of these kids, and what you’re opinion is on each of them.

I’m also really looking forward to sometime down the line you getting down to a practice when they’re already on campus, and sharing your thoughts after seeing them throw in live action.

looking forward to it as well.

i really do like to withhold full evaluations until i can see them in person, wth pads on, in a game or full scrimmage when it counts.

Elite 11's, camps, that sort of thing is mostly useless for anything other than figuring out which QB plays best if everyone is in their underwear. (emphasis added)

looking forward to it as well.

i really do like to withhold full evaluations until i can see them in person, wth pads on, in a game or full scrimmage when it counts.

Elite 11's, camps, that sort of thing is mostly useless for anything other than figuring out which QB plays best if everyone is in their underwear. (emphasis added)
Agreed. That’s smart of you.

Advertisement
These kinds of camps are fun but results should be taken with a grain of salt. We’ve had guys who look like Dan Marino in no pressure situations with no pass rush (ahem…Brad Kaaya) but with pads and a defensive lineman breathing down their neck, the results are different. This is essentially a “who’s the best flag football quarterback” contest.

JJ Kohl is going to see a big jump in the rankings. He will probably be a Top 100 player before signing day. It will be interesting to see if Iowa State can hold on to him

These kinds of camps are fun but results should be taken with a grain of salt. We’ve had guys who look like Dan Marino in no pressure situations with no pass rush (ahem…Brad Kaaya) but with pads and a defensive lineman breathing down their neck, the results are different. This is essentially a “who’s the best flag football quarterback” contest.
I don't like how they determine the list. Why are they taking Junior season film as an evaluation for a camp?

So, these guys are the 2022 Elite 11 from their 2021 season's film. Last year doesn't reflect who they are today and how they performed at the camp. Just really stupid in my opinion.

Emory and Jaden were top 10 the last 2 days. Emory finished 3rd and 1st on the final 2 days. He won the Accuracy Gauntlet, while Jaden was 7th and 6th.

I'm really happy both of our guys had a great experience and it should give them even more confidence going into their Senior season of high school football.

Advertisement
Back