Elijah Moore wins the Opening Orlando Regional WR MVP

View as article

David Perez

Recruit
Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 6.43.54 PM.jpg

Davenport FL - Elijah Moore came to Orlando on a mission, and by late afternoon, Moore secured an invite to the Opening in Oregon this summer.

[TWEET]833380918714839041[/TWEET]

Moore toyed with defensive backs all day Sunday, and took over with his speed and quickness. In the past Moore has showcased those skills behind wide receivers such as Mike Harley, but with Harley’s departure, Moore believes it is his time to shine as he enters his senior season.

“I’m looking to take it over,” Moore said. “I’m taking everything over, I have to. I don’t have a choice [as a senior] I need to lead the way.”

When asked whether he views his play style as a mirror of Mike Harley or Jeff Thomas Moore said none of the two, and says he is his own breed. Moore finished the interview by simply saying “stay tuned,” and by the end of the day Sunday all began to wonder where he would be taking his talents at the next level.

“Miami, Ohio State, FSU, LSU, Clemson, Bama, and Maryland [are all recruiting me hard],” Moore said.

Moore said that it is hard to say, but his best relationship may lie in Coral Gables with the Hurricanes.

“Probably Miami because it’s home, but a lot of them mess with me so,” Moore said. “I’m trying to have a strong bond with all of them because it is a hard choice.”

Although Miami looks to be sporadic in Moore’s recruitment, the 5’11” receiver says the ‘Canes are giving him a lot of attention.

“A lot, I’m hearing a lot,” Moore said. “It’s right down the house, 30 minutes, and its a great school,” Moore said.

“My mom loves it, my family loves it, me — I just want to go wherever I’m gonna make a big play, and I’m gonna make it for my family.”

Moore says he has a great relationship with Mike Harley, Trajan Bandy, and Ahmmon Richards, and is comfortable with them and the coaches on campus.

“It’s 20, 30 minutes away so when I go there the coaches treat me like I’m their son, it’s a good feeling,” Moore said.

Moore is set to continue his offseason development with his Florida Fire 7v7 team this summer, and only time will tell whether he signs pen to paper on a Miami letter of intent.

Advertisement
I don't care what anyone says, this kid needs to be in the class. He is about to blow up and have a nice season, just watch.

In before all of the porsters that were saying this kid was plan B or C start eating their crow.

Been saying since Macho first shared his sophomore tape with us last year, kid is electric and has all of the tools to be a great WR for us.

Hope that he's a part of #storm18

Advertisement
I say we need 5 in this class with it being so loaded this year. This kid should be one of them. Dream class:

Pope
Hightower
Wiggins
Thompson
Moore

Is he better than Xavier Williams?

Of these, who gets left out:

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

I would take either Williams or Thompson. Moore is a different type than those two. More of a slot guy. Williams will be a tough pull though with Bama always seeming to be guaranteed a SoFla WR these days.

Advertisement
Is this a legit award? Or is this one of those "effort" feel good awards you give to the lesser talented but overachieving kid with moxie who is "giving his all."

I ask because in a field littered with top 100 type talent, this is the kid that got the award? I mean, no offense, but this kid doesn't even have commitable offers to Bama, Miami, etc. 9 receptions and 42 yards raises eyebrows no matter what the circumstances are.

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

I would take either Williams or Thompson. Moore is a different type than those two. More of a slot guy. Williams will be a tough pull though with Bama always seeming to be guaranteed a SoFla WR these days.

For sure.

Wiggins
Pope
Thompson
Hightower
Williams
Copeland
Austin
Josh Moore
Jatavious Harris
Anthony Schwartzen
Dominic Watt
oops forgot Corey Grammage

all rank higher on our board than Moore i believe.

Really starting to come around to this kid, and I can admit when I'm wrong. It's going to be very hard for this staff to figure out to whom they will have to tell no. I know STA has plenty of weapons, but I would think he will get a lot of touches anyway. Anyone know who will likely start at QB for them? Fillichio? Surely whoever it is will be better than Jake Allen.

Advertisement

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

For sure.

Wiggins
Pope
Thompson
Hightower
Williams
Copeland
Austin
Josh Moore
Jatavious Harris
Anthony Schwartzen
Dominic Watt

This is one of the MOST asinine statements I have ever read on this board.

How would you know where he sits on our board? Are you one of the coaches? Are you an insider?

You come of as a clown when you porst pure conjecture like the above drivel that you chose to type.

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

For sure.

Wiggins
Pope
Thompson
Hightower
Williams
Copeland
Austin
Josh Moore
Jatavious Harris
Anthony Schwartzen
Dominic Watt

How would you know where he sits on our board? Are you one of the coaches? Are you an insider?

You come of as a clown when you porst pure conjecture like the above drivel that you chose to type.

His opinion big guy, relax.

Advertisement
Savage period and if u got eyeballs and can't see it u smokin that sofrito crack. Saw this dude today with all the vids posted and all I needed was one route to say sign him

Pope
Williams
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins (commited)
Thompson (prolly UF)
Austin

For sure.

Wiggins
Pope
Thompson
Hightower
Williams
Copeland
Austin
Josh Moore
Jatavious Harris
Anthony Schwartzen
Dominic Watt

I think it's an educated guess, not just conjecture. Pete has already said that Moore's offer ain't commitable. Whereas i'm positive that every kid i listed above has a commitable offer, except maybe the last 4 or so.

Advertisement
Back