Elijah Arroyo talks peacock bass fishing, football and Canes Connection

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Elijah Arroyo is back. The 6’4, 245-pound redshirt junior has fully recovered from his 2022 knee injury and is showing off his speed on Greentree. He spoke with the CanesInSight Podcast about football, fishing and his relationship with Canes Connection.

A summary of Arroyo’s interview with Pete and I is below:

On his recovery from ACL surgery: It's been a long time coming. I've always felt like I was a pretty good player, but I've had these injuries holding me back...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I love Arroyo’s demeanor to go along with his talents. Good interview!

Last edited:
Peacock bass fishing in South Florida is EPIC .
Put it in your search engine and you see amazing videos the only other place that beats SF is the Amazon and Central America

Come on D. Where’s the question about lack of balls thrown to the room?

And F U all you pause bois.

Advertisement
Put it in your search engine and you see amazing videos the only other place that beats SF is the Amazon and Central America
Give me Snook fishing 7 days a week. I was catching Snook the size of your arm in my canal behind my backyard circa 1975-1979 (live shrimp...no weights)

Advertisement
They are bigger than largemouth and more aggressive than smallmouth. And look better than both.

I love how he thinks he has “secret spots” for peacock bass. They live in literally every single canal and lake from Palm Beach county south.

I love how he thinks he has “secret spots” for peacock bass. They live in literally every single canal and lake from Palm Beach county south.

For real....I watch YouTube videos where these young dudes who barely know what they're doing cast in some dirty looking canal in the middle of Hialeah and they are catching peacock and other invasive stuff. It's crazy.

For real....I watch YouTube videos where these young dudes who barely know what they're doing cast in some dirty looking canal in the middle of Hialeah and they are catching peacock and other invasive stuff. It's crazy.
It’s a great way to get kids into fishing. That’s how my son learned the ropes.

Advertisement
It’s a great way to get kids into fishing. That’s how my son learned the ropes.

My brothers and I grew up fishing in the lakes and canals of Hialeah during the 1970s. Water quality was actually pretty good back then as you could actually see the fish in the water. I caught a 5lb Largemouth and I had no idea what I was doing...lol...but these days you don't know what you will catch.

Advertisement
Back