Eligibility of dismissed guys

C
Same way that Ray Ray Armstrong was immediately eligible and free to go wherever he wanted to go. He tried to go to several schools after UM bounced him, and no one would touch him.

Frankly, Grace's lawyer has demonstrated less than rudimentary knowledge of NCAA rules. He basically threw dirt on his own client's grave when he ran his mouth to the media admitting Grace lied during the investigation. He obviously didn't know about the NCAA rule that Dapper Slapper quoted regarding the automatic 1 year penalty for lying during this sort of investigation.

This is what happens when lawyers get involved in squabbles merely to promote themselves through the media. I'm not sure where Grace got the money to pay for thousands of dollars in exotic rentals and thousands in legal fees. But the guess is the lawyer agreed to do it in exchange for getting his name out there.

He got a chance to grandstand to the media and **** on UM and make himself seem to be that shining beacon in the night for the abused and downtrodden. Unfortunately, he buried his own client in the process and likely spread a bunch of baseless garbage to the press to make his client seem like a poor innocent choirboy and paint UM as the evil ogre. It's a classic example of Lionel Hutz Champerty 101.

Grace and AQM are free to go where they want. That doesn't mean anyone will want to deal with the cases that will follow them. They can't just wash their hands of this case by going elsewhere. The next school would have to do its own investigation and consult with the NCAA on a punishment just like UM.

Fantastic breakdown there.

I do understand why a lot of fans are struggling with the idea that "lying" cost Grace his spot on the squad based on his attorney's version. He claims they turned over proof that everything was paid for by family and that there was no other evidence...just hearsay. When I first saw that I was puzzled too...as if UM chose to accept hearsay over the actual documentation provided. Something NO other University would do as 100% of all illicit booster activities are targeted at only ever producing hearsay that can't be proven.

Then said attorney claims his client lied...but is a 21 year old blah blah blah. Huh? Any way you can contradict your concrete v. hearsay statement any more?

UM
Problem is a significant portion of this site only likes the UM football team. They have no ties to UM and seem to hate everything related to UM other than the football team.

As a result, they're inclined to believe or advocate any position that is contrary to that taken by UM. In their warped world, UM is out to get the football players and ruin the team even though UM just paid Folden $8M to leave and is now paying Richt $4M per year.

If they really hated football and wanted the team to die they would have just kept Folden. He was killing the program, and it would have been much cheaper.

These unfortunate dopes are so bent on being the cool anti-establishment types that they're actually believing everything Grace's lawyer says. How big of a dupe can you possibly be to do that? I can assure you poor souls that most things that come out of most lawyers' mouths when they are advocating are about as trustworthy as Willie Williams at an electronics store.

I don't think everyone that doesn't agree with the dismissal believe Grace's lawyer 100%. They just understand that this situation wouldn't have happened at any other school in America. They don't think the punishment fits the "crime". Why did it take 8 months to make a decision? Poeple say they were trying to keep the players on the team, what if they were trying to dig up anything morsel they could find?

You get rumors coming out that Craig Anderson was acting like Emmert's gang of clowns trying to get information in the Shapiro scandal.

Also in regards to the administration maybe you get that viewpoint, because people have seen the administration give 2 chits about the football team for basically the past 15 years. Miami was operating at a 3rd/4th tier level, while other teams were blowing past us at warp speed. No progress was made with facilities for over a decade, hiring coaching on the cheap, paying assistants around 50's nationally. The last ACC team to get an indoor facility, when Miami actually needs it more than anyone. The recent moves are a major step in the right direction, but it needs to keep trending that way.

Advertisement
Is this a joke?

AwkwardSilence.gif

You guys are too stupid for me to continue trying to educate you.

Just go ahead and keep claiming this wouldn't happen anywhere else in college football despite plenty of examples of bigtime programs kicking kids out regularly.

One last time, nincompoops: UM doesn't make the rules for loss of eligibility based on impermissible benefits. There's set punishments based on amounts received. Do some fcking research before running your sewers.

AJ Green got 4 games for taking $1k in benefits, and he told the truth the whole way. What do you think the NCAA punishment is for tens of thousands in rental car charges?

LOL if you buy the "he just used a car once" line of ****.

C
Same way that Ray Ray Armstrong was immediately eligible and free to go wherever he wanted to go. He tried to go to several schools after UM bounced him, and no one would touch him.

Frankly, Grace's lawyer has demonstrated less than rudimentary knowledge of NCAA rules. He basically threw dirt on his own client's grave when he ran his mouth to the media admitting Grace lied during the investigation. He obviously didn't know about the NCAA rule that Dapper Slapper quoted regarding the automatic 1 year penalty for lying during this sort of investigation.

This is what happens when lawyers get involved in squabbles merely to promote themselves through the media. I'm not sure where Grace got the money to pay for thousands of dollars in exotic rentals and thousands in legal fees. But the guess is the lawyer agreed to do it in exchange for getting his name out there.

He got a chance to grandstand to the media and **** on UM and make himself seem to be that shining beacon in the night for the abused and downtrodden. Unfortunately, he buried his own client in the process and likely spread a bunch of baseless garbage to the press to make his client seem like a poor innocent choirboy and paint UM as the evil ogre. It's a classic example of Lionel Hutz Champerty 101.

Grace and AQM are free to go where they want. That doesn't mean anyone will want to deal with the cases that will follow them. They can't just wash their hands of this case by going elsewhere. The next school would have to do its own investigation and consult with the NCAA on a punishment just like UM.

I do understand why a lot of fans are struggling with the idea that "lying" cost Grace his spot on the squad based on his attorney's version. He claims they turned over proof that everything was paid for by family and that there was no other evidence...just hearsay. When I first saw that I was puzzled too...as if UM chose to accept hearsay over the actual documentation provided. Something NO other University would do as 100% of all illicit booster activities are targeted at only ever producing hearsay that can't be proven.

Then said attorney claims his client lied...but is a 21 year old blah blah blah. Huh? Any way you can contradict your concrete v. hearsay statement any more?

UM
Problem is a significant portion of this site only likes the UM football team. They have no ties to UM and seem to hate everything related to UM other than the football team.

As a result, they're inclined to believe or advocate any position that is contrary to that taken by UM. In their warped world, UM is out to get the football players and ruin the team even though UM just paid Folden $8M to leave and is now paying Richt $4M per year.

If they really hated football and wanted the team to die they would have just kept Folden. He was killing the program, and it would have been much cheaper.

These unfortunate dopes are so bent on being the cool anti-establishment types that they're actually believing everything Grace's lawyer says. How big of a dupe can you possibly be to do that? I can assure you poor souls that most things that come out of most lawyers' mouths when they are advocating are about as trustworthy as Willie Williams at an electronics store.

I don't think everyone that doesn't agree with the dismissal believe Grace's lawyer 100%. They just understand that this situation wouldn't have happened at any other school in America. They don't think the punishment fits the "crime". Why did it take 8 months to make a decision? Poeple say they were trying to keep the players on the team, what if they were trying to dig up anything morsel they could find?

You get rumors coming out that Craig Anderson was acting like Emmert's gang of clowns trying to get information in the Shapiro scandal.

Also in regards to the administration maybe you get that viewpoint, because people have seen the administration give 2 chits about the football team for basically the past 15 years. Miami was operating at a 3rd/4th tier level, while other teams were blowing past us at warp speed. No progress was made with facilities for over a decade, hiring coaching on the cheap, paying assistants around 50's nationally. The last ACC team to get an indoor facility, when Miami actually needs it more than anyone. The recent moves are a major step in the right direction, but it needs to keep trending that way.

"They just understand that this situation wouldn't have happened at any other school in America."

Terrelle Pryor

Advertisement

Ray ray was ruled ineligible and could not get reinstated. He was enrolled at Faulkner University but could not play because he was ruled ineligible from his Miami issue.

The irony is that its OK for the NCAA to cheat and Lie .Mark Emmert didnt get dismissed did he?

C

UM

It doesn't matter if you disagree with the NCAA rules or you think the school is out to ruin the football program by having a compliance department dedicated to making sure the program is in compliance with said NCAA rules. These idiots took thousands of dollars in impermissible benefits and then lied about it. In AQM's case, the guy has proven himself to be a complete knucklehead for years, so sayonara. I feel a little bad for Grace, but knowing the program was still on probation, he knew the rules, and he broke them and lied. He blew it. This is on the players 100%.

The part people are missing is that they lied....thus why they are off the team. Also, they violated NCAA rules....if the school didnt drop the hammer, the NCAA would have

The NCAA doesn't have the stones to do anything.

I don't condone lying, but my goodness we have the moral police around here. 18-22 year olds never lie guys! Only Miami football players!

Hey, sounds like they may have a career in politics.

Advertisement

Ray ray was ruled ineligible and could not get reinstated. He was enrolled at Faulkner University but could not play because he was ruled ineligible from his Miami issue.

That's correct. Even though Faulkner is NAIA, not NCAA, they said ineligible is ineligible.

Its not only that they lied its also that everyone is lying about it.

Juwon's statements don't add up to everyone else's.

The rental agency is coming out like everything was legit because of "this one time they got a payment in full", but then he brings up this BS about test drives. Thats a huge red flag. The Agency also says they don't know the kids when they have known Grace since high school.

There is also memorabilia involved that no one is explaining.

Its clear the school had to do what they did. They do not have all the facts and people are not forthcoming. It also clear to me this **** need to be shut down.

UM cannot rule any player ineligible for all of college football. Wake up.

If Ray Ray was declared ineligible it was by the NCAA. The NCAA hasn't officially ruled on AQM, Grace or Young yet because they told us what the punishment would likely be, and UM kicked them out.

There's no reason for the NCAA to waste further resources on those 3 because none of them will play football this year. If they go somewhere else and attempt to play they will have to deal with this case at that point.

I'm done with you because I have a 3 post max talking to trolls named after vegetables.

This **** has me so bamboozeld I can't even begin to focus on the game this Saturday. I gonna go c my therapist: Dr. Jack Daniels. :crownpour:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back