Elephant in the Room - Swasey

Let me be clear, there are guys on the current staff I wouldn't mind retaining. Scott, Beard, Baez. But Swasey has been here long enough. Our S&C didn't improve under Golden, he just followed the bosses plan and made everyone bigger. Our S&C as a whole has been sub-par since Moffitt left. I really feel like keeping him on simply for his "ties to former players" would be a mistake. There are other, better options for keeping that line open.

Advertisement
Swasey is the ONLY constant in this 10-year run of mediocrity/crap. We've had 3 head coaches, countless coordinators and position coaches, and even multiple AD's and presidents. ****, we even changed stadiums and conferences. But Swasey has been here, in a critical coaching position, the whole time.

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results?

Time for a change here.

We fall apart at the end of the season every single year.

Our OL and DL are pillsbury dough boys

We are the slowest and stiffest team I've ever seen at Miami.

When we were small and fast, we were weak, and our linemen were still soft and chubby.

This team has suffered the ******* piece of trash S&C coach through THREE failed regimes.

He HAS to be canned for ***** sake.

Advertisement
The key is to get Swasey to utilize the Moffitt system, which is actually Gayle Hatch's system.

Advertisement
LMAO @dudes acting like they have coaches on speed dial.

Swasey ***** *** needs to be fired like the rest of these bums. He isn't the only S&C guy in the world. In fact his players look like premature babies compared to other big programs.

I thought he did a great job...am I wrong?

There is a reason all the NFL guys come back to the weight room and he is one of the reasons

I'm not so sure it's Swasey that brings them here. Move south beach to Iowa and see if that makes a difference where guys train off-season.

i've been saying this for years. not saying they are not coming back for Swasey, but the weather, South Beach and no state income tax might be the real reason they come here, plus they are treated like Gods at the Hecht.

Advertisement
I don't agree with this at all.

What S&C problems did we have under Golden? Our guys got a lot stronger. Flowers was the strongest guy at the combine last year.

Swasey is solid, IMO.

Kehoe needs to go. A 2 man rush nearly killed Kayaa.

TWO. MAN. RUSH.

I'll give Swasey a pass for now because of gains in other areas, but that game made EVERY player on that field look weak, and possibly dead. Not sure which.

Just off appearance alone, have you saw how our guys look physical in stature (I get it, it is only looks) compared to some of the following teams: LSU, BAMA, Auburn, FSU, Clemson, Baylor, TCU etc.

Physically, we still look flabby and carry a bunch of bad weight. I won't even get into being stiff and slow.

Are we really recruiting that different caliber players?

Advertisement
I don't agree with this at all.

What S&C problems did we have under Golden? Our guys got a lot stronger. Flowers was the strongest guy at the combine last year.

Swasey is solid, IMO.

Agreed. Golden recruiting stiff as a board WRs & tub of lard linemen doesn't discredit Swasey. Swasey wasn't in charge of mandating 8000 calorie breakfast feasts either.

The nutrition program has to be overhauled to match programs like FSU & Oregon that prioritize being lean & fast. The OL in particular are disgustingly fat around the middle, reflecting Golden's "stuck in the 90s" football values that directly oppose contemporary trends in sports science. But the S&C program is a success.

S&C coaching is completely overrated. Sure you get hacks for the main part all of them do olympic lifting programs. ALl of it is the same ****.

THe huge athletes are taking other supplments if you know what I mean.

Advertisement
Back