Education

Jesus Christ people Miami isn't the place to go if a kid wants an education at a BCS school. We are closer to Clemson than we are Notre Dame, the rankings prove it. We are on par with UF, OSU, UT, and UGA. We are not in the class of UNC, Mich, USC, or UCLA, and not even close to Vandy/Duke/Cal/ND/Stanford.

Google US news and world report, it's all there. Big time football players either go to school to make the NFL, or if they care about academics, go to the place that will give them the best degree. Right now Miami does neither.

If you want to get elite recruits, it is much easier to find a good coach and pay him, than to magically transform the university into something it isn't.

Actually UM is a Top 40's academic institution and number 1 in florida., where as UF, UGA, UT, and OSU can't say that. UM is ranked 48th in the nation per us news. The other schools are not even close to UM in rankings

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/data/page+2

The only ones who care about this is the ones who are trying to make their degree look better. Most of the kids who play football could care less. :cigar:

Advertisement
Jesus Christ people Miami isn't the place to go if a kid wants an education at a BCS school. We are closer to Clemson than we are Notre Dame, the rankings prove it. We are on par with UF, OSU, UT, and UGA. We are not in the class of UNC, Mich, USC, or UCLA, and not even close to Vandy/Duke/Cal/ND/Stanford.

Google US news and world report, it's all there. Big time football players either go to school to make the NFL, or if they care about academics, go to the place that will give them the best degree. Right now Miami does neither.

If you want to get elite recruits, it is much easier to find a good coach and pay him, than to magically transform the university into something it isn't.

Actually UM is a Top 40's academic institution and number 1 in florida., where as UF, UGA, UT, and OSU can't say that. UM is ranked 48th in the nation per us news. The other schools are not even close to UM in rankings

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/data/page+2

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, UF is right behind UM and OSU is only a few spots below UF. I'd go back and check you stats before you say anything else.

Nope, because every kid in South Florida has their coaches/handlers/etc telling them they will make bank in the NFL in 3 years.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, UF is right behind UM and OSU is only a few spots below UF. I'd go back and check you stats before you say anything else.

Even if this is true, there is a tremendous difference attending a PRIVATE school versus a PUBLIC school.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Even if this is true, there is a tremendous difference attending a PRIVATE school versus a PUBLIC school.
10:
AVG:

Well it doesn't make it a benefit... Everything is determined on the individual's preference... Once you're in your upper-division courses the class size shrinks tremendously... I went from 300 in my general pre-req courses to 15 in my upper-division...

And like I said, I graduated in 06 and UM didn't have the most demanding admission requirements in the state...

10:
AVG:

Well it doesn't make it a benefit... Everything is determined on the individual's preference... Once you're in your upper-division courses the class size shrinks tremendously... I went from 300 in my general pre-req courses to 15 in my upper-division...

And like I said, I graduated in 06 and UM didn't have the most demanding admission requirements in the state...

Bold Part: Do you think people prefer large courses? I graduated from UM in 2007, I would say that of the 30-40 classes I took at UM 4 had more than 50 students and about 80% of my classes had less than 20.

Below will show the statistics from the 3 schools.

Student-Faculty ratio

UM: 11:1
UF: 21:1
OSU: 19:1

Undergrad Enrollment

UM: 10,590
UF: 32,776
OSU: 43,058

As for you graduating in 2006, what does that matter? Schools change over time as do their accolades.

Honest opinion about choosing education. It really doesn't matter. Football players are all treated the same going into every college for classes. We have had 4 kids all go in and tell us the same thing, "If you flunk out of college as a football player, you are either retarded or lazy." Here is the other thing about it. The only thing really different with colleges as far as education is the departments, other than that if I am going to decide between 2 schools that have the same department, it really doesn't matter their graduation rate or anything. You are getting a college education which is all it really comes down to. Education is nice but in this day and age it really isn't strides different from all the colleges. The Stanfords, Dukes, Harvards, and Yales might be up there but other than that all colleges are on the same level, it really just comes down to the department that the kid will be in most.

Advertisement
They r here for football and most elite players dont care about class.

41.png

Stick to you tubing DT film bro.

You said um is a top 40 institution. Then you say we are 48th, WHICH ISNT TOP 40.

Miami is actually tied for 47th. UF is tied for 49th. A whole two spots! OSU is also 49. UT is in the low 50s.
There is negligible different between the 47th and low 50s institutions. It is outrageous to act like we are in a different class. It's true OSU can't claim to be the best in Florida, bc ITS THE BEST IN OHIO.

Per the rankings, Miami is closer to UF/UGA/OSU/Texas than it is UNC/Michigan/UCLA/USC, and not remotely close to Vandy/Duke/Northwestern.

Stop being embarrassed and ashamed of what the **** school is. It's a good school, but acts like it's way way more prestigious than it is at a huge cost to the football program.

What exactly is the difference? Miami has higher standards for entrance for its football players than OSU, yet is the same school academically. What is Miami trying to prove?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back