Edrick Neal Recaps Official Visit

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami had two high profile offensive linemen on campus for official visits last weekend, but they also snuck on Evan Neal’s older brother Edrick Neal for an official visit as well. Joining Edrick and Evan on their official visits was a bunch of family members.

“It was me, my brothers, my younger cousin, my mom, and my 3 sisters,” Edrick said.

The Canes like Edrick as a preferred walk-on candidate as of now. Edrick may not have any Division

1 offers yet, but he is keeping an open-mind and staying positive.

“Not yet, but my options are open. If nothing fell through, I was gonna go D2 with my brother Eddie Neal to Valdosta State or any other serious D2 school.”

Edrick graduated high school back in 2016, but did not sign with any school.

“Right now, I’m just in Okeechobee working out until I get to college.”

As for the visit itself, it appears Miami hit a home run.

“The visit couldn’t have gone better. The vibe with the players was great, Coach (Mark) Richt and Coach (Stacy) Searels gave off great energy. Felt like home to be honest.”

Edrick’s younger brother Evan has received more attention from colleges than he has, but Edrick just uses this as a motivational factor.

“It just keeps me going. Knowing my younger brother is doing this thing at top level performance inspires me. It’s been a childhood dream of all my brothers to play in the NFL. We all have an opportunity, so we just keep each other motivated by being the best we can be together and individually, on and off the gridiron.”

Edrick and the Neal family have very strong football bloodlines that connect them to the Hurricanes.

“My uncle Jimmie Jones played defense there in the 80’s and my cousin Cleveland Gary was a running back also in the 80’s.”

The trio of Edrick, Evan, and Dontae Lucas all followed the same itinerary for their official visit.

“We got there on Thursday night and ate some room service. Got up in the morning and ate on the balcony of the hospital on Miami’s campus. Then we went to the college of business building and spoke with Mrs. Dunno. Ate at a few other good restaurants that day, then we bonded with the players. That’s basically how the weekend was. The itinerary had us busy, but since there wasn’t a game this weekend, we were more relaxed.”

Miami’s offensive line has struggled at times this year and Edrick gave his take on the situation.

“It’s just a young group of guys, all those boys are talented. It just takes a little time to gel. I already know the cohesiveness is there.”

Edrick believes that Miami’s offensive line could be dominant if the three official visitors all sign with the Canes, but he wants to be a great Miami Hurricane either way.

“I can’t speak for them boys, but hopefully next semester I’m at the U. I know I can thrive there, my brother and Dontae just make things that much sweeter.”

Miami will play Wisconsin on December 27th in the Pinstripe Bowl and Edrick gave a prediction on how he sees the game going.

“I’d never bet against The U! I like Miami for the win.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami had two high profile offensive linemen on campus for official visits last weekend, but they also snuck on Evan Neal’s older brother Edrick Neal for an official visit as well. Joining Edrick and Evan on their official visits was a bunch of family members.

“It was me, my brothers, my younger cousin, my mom, and my 3 sisters,” Edrick said.

The Canes like Edrick as a preferred walk-on candidate as of now. Edrick may not have any Division

1 offers yet, but he is keeping an open-mind and staying positive.

“Not yet, but my options are open. If nothing fell through, I was gonna go D2 with my brother Eddie Neal to Valdosta State or any other serious D2 school.”

Edrick graduated high school back in 2016, but did not sign with any school.

“Right now, I’m just in Okeechobee working out until I get to college.”

As for the visit itself, it appears Miami hit a home run.

“The visit couldn’t have gone better. The vibe with the players was great, Coach (Mark) Richt and Coach (Stacy) Searels gave off great energy. Felt like home to be honest.”

Edrick’s younger brother Evan has received more attention from colleges than he has, but Edrick just uses this as a motivational factor.

“It just keeps me going. Knowing my younger brother is doing this thing at top level performance inspires me. It’s been a childhood dream of all my brothers to play in the NFL. We all have an opportunity, so we just keep each other motivated by being the best we can be together and individually, on and off the gridiron.”

Edrick and the Neal family have very strong football bloodlines that connect them to the Hurricanes.

“My uncle Jimmie Jones played defense there in the 80’s and my cousin Cleveland Gary was a running back also in the 80’s.”

The trio of Edrick, Evan, and Dontae Lucas all followed the same itinerary for their official visit.

“We got there on Thursday night and ate some room service. Got up in the morning and ate on the balcony of the hospital on Miami’s campus. Then we went to the college of business building and spoke with Mrs. Dunno. Ate at a few other good restaurants that day, then we bonded with the players. That’s basically how the weekend was. The itinerary had us busy, but since there wasn’t a game this weekend, we were more relaxed.”

Miami’s offensive line has struggled at times this year and Edrick gave his take on the situation.

“It’s just a young group of guys, all those boys are talented. It just takes a little time to gel. I already know the cohesiveness is there.”

Edrick believes that Miami’s offensive line could be dominant if the three official visitors all sign with the Canes, but he wants to be a great Miami Hurricane either way.

“I can’t speak for them boys, but hopefully next semester I’m at the U. I know I can thrive there, my brother and Dontae just make things that much sweeter.”

Miami will play Wisconsin on December 27th in the Pinstripe Bowl and Edrick gave a prediction on how he sees the game going.

“I’d never bet against The U! I like Miami for the win.”
Thanks for the article, sounds like a Miami fan and we need some big boys however we can get him. Like the bloodlines.

Jimmie Jones and Cleveland Gary bloodline? this should've been an easy deal for the coaches. Great tactical move with Edrick, a good college development program can potentially help him.

Advertisement
chess move by coaching staff. This has got to factor in Evan's decision to go to same college as his brother. May not be enough, but it was good strategy nonetheless.

Advertisement
Wait wait wait, they have another brother named Eddie??? Why the **** doesn’t he have an offer?? We have an abundance of scholarships, get Evan here.

Advertisement
We’re going to have A LOT of extra scholarships to work with. If we can get Evan by giving his brother a scholarship then do it. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yeah, I'm really not against getting Edrick a scholly given that we need OL really bad. Plus, we never hit our 85-man scholly limit anyway and have always carried dead weight at OL. Maybe he turns out to be a really good scout team player for us and potentially a year 5 starter/rotation player.

We hit a home run with a D2 walk on candidate??? Hey Blake, it might be Time to extend Searels

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back