Edouard Recruiting for Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Hialeah 2014 QB Alin Edouard committed to Miami about two weeks ago and now that the initial feeling of euphoria is over, the athletic QB reflected on the last couple weeks.

“It’s really been crazy man. I never thought I would have the chance to stay at home because I didn’t know if Miami would offer. My family always wanted me to stay home and I grew up a Miami fan so it was perfect,” said Edouard.

With Miami offering has also come interest from other programs such as Penn State and Tennessee.

“I’ve been getting more offers ever since I committed. It’s just a blessing, but I’m going to stay committed.”

When Mario Cristobal left to Alabama, Edouard took to Twitter to express is discontent with the move, but now he says there are no issues.

“It doesn’t really change anything with Miami. I was just saying that in the beginning because he was one of the coaches that recruited me. Coach Coley is a great guy, I can’t say enough about him. He made me feel at home in the junior day.”

Edouard has already been hitting the recruiting trail hard for the ‘Canes.

“I’ve been talking to all the 2014 kids and it’s gonna be crazy. A lot of them have already told me where they are gonna go, but I can’t say anything. It will be great though and we are gonna get a lot of talent.”

The dual-threat quarterback looks up to a pair of Dade County products.

“The quarterback I really look up to is Teddy Bridgewater. I feel like we can do a lot of the same things and he’s such a great leader. I like Stephen Morris a lot too and he is someone I’ve known since my 10th grade year.”

Advertisement
This is what I am taking about, but he will have to overcome the anti-recruiting of former lineman.

" It will be great though and we are gonna get a lot of talent.”
XgaLR.Em.56.jpg

+
307.jpg

+

1.jpeg

+
166.jpg

Advertisement
Hialeah 2014 QB Alin Edouard committed to Miami about two weeks ago and now that the initial feeling of euphoria is over, the athletic QB reflected on the last couple weeks.

“It’s really been crazy man. I never thought I would have the chance to stay at home because I didn’t know if Miami would offer. My family always wanted me to stay home and I grew up a Miami fan so it was perfect,” said Edouard.

With Miami offering has also come interest from other programs such as Penn State and Tennessee.

“I’ve been getting more offers ever since I committed. It’s just a blessing, but I’m going to stay committed.”

When Mario Cristobal left to Alabama, Edouard took to Twitter to express is discontent with the move, but now he says there are no issues.

“It doesn’t really change anything with Miami. I was just saying that in the beginning because he was one of the coaches that recruited me. Coach Coley is a great guy, I can’t say enough about him. He made me feel at home in the junior day.”

Edouard has already been hitting the recruiting trail hard for the ‘Canes.

“I’ve been talking to all the 2014 kids and it’s gonna be crazy. A lot of them have already told me where they are gonna go, but I can’t say anything. It will be great though and we are gonna get a lot of talent.”

The dual-threat quarterback looks up to a pair of Dade County products.

“The quarterback I really look up to is Teddy Bridgewater. I feel like we can do a lot of the same things and he’s such a great leader. I like Stephen Morris a lot too and he is someone I’ve known since my 10th grade year.”

422.gif

Great to hear. Hope this kid can talk some quality prospects into comin down to Gables next year.

I have to publicly ********** on this one. This is exactly what I was screaming would happen if we offered him early on. I'm glad the staff thought he was talented enough to the pull the trigger, because now you have a leader of the class, and the leader is a south Florida QB. That is HUGE. We have a face of this class, a face of south Florida, and he will be able to recruit guys non-stop, with no dead periods, as one of their peers. I'm expecting this to be the highest rated Miami class since 08? (Was that the one?)

Advertisement
Could go down as one of the best classes of all time of any school. If the team this year can play well and have at least 10 wins it will only help in recruiting some of the kids on the fence.

Advertisement
Edouard is just the beginning too. Say we get KC or another big, local name prospect to commit early, recruiting will take off. Multiple, well-thought of local guys getting after uncommitted targets is huge. Think Deon, Duke, Herb, and Malcolm. Once they were all on board, you could sense a change in the culture.

Advertisement
Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2
JUST GOT THIS ALERT MESSAGE , I WILL BE GETTING MY ELITE 11 INVITE ... #GODISGOOD

Advertisement
Back