Edouard Gives the Latest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Miami Commit Alin Edouard was the leader of the Hialeah offense on Saturday when they took on the Northeast Hurricanes in their Spring Game at FIU.

“Playing against a team from Broward, it was very intense because we haven’t been
to the playoffs for the past two years, but it was good today.”

The Hialeah scrambling star rated his own performance but is still expecting to get better.

“I think I did good, I missed some wide receivers. On Monday we just have to get back and work with the receivers more.”

Edouard is looking to improve one specific skill during this spring and showcased a little bit of it during the spring game.

“Playing under center, today I was under center a lot today. I told my coach that I want to work on for when I play in college.”

While the 6’1 180 pound quarterback is still committed to Miami, his commitment isn’t as strong as it once was.

“I have all these colleges coming after me and it’s really difficult to tell them no. They’re all telling me different things that are interesting.”

Some schools that are still recruiting Edouard are USF, Louisville and Tennessee. He explained what he likes about them.

“Louisville is coming hard at me, USF is coming hard at me, Tennessee as well, they are recruiting me as a quarterback now, they were originally talking to me about playing receiver but now they are recruiting me as a quarterback.”

While, he does seem to be wavering he does have some promising words for the Miami Hurricane fan base.

“When I say that my commitment isn’t strong, that doesn’t mean I’m going to decomitt. I want to be a hurricane, its just more that I’ve been getting contacted by a lot of coaches and my head has been spinning.”

Another factor that has weakened his commitment status is the lack of contact with his main recruiter, Coach James Coley.

“I haven’t talked to him often at all, I’ve even tried calling him and he doesn’t answer.”

So, what would it take Miami to make his commitment strong again?
“Just talking to me again, and just make me feel home again; the way I felt when I committed. When I first committed to Miami, they were calling me every week, but now I haven’t heard from them.”

Advertisement
And For those of you who feel that he is afraid of the competition factor since Miami is recruiting other QB's, this is his response to that question in a text : "NO, IT'S COMPETITION EVERYWHERE YOU GO. SO I DON'T REALLY CARE. I'M JUST CONCERNED OF MY POSITION THATS ALL."

Advertisement
i would be happy if he is our only QB for this class im high on ryan williams and kevin olsen

That's not the only thing you're high on. I like Olsen's potential, but Williams is just a decent backup qb to have right now. Good luck to Alin, his tape didn't impress much, for me. Perhaps he does improve on being a quarterback and prove me wrong, and we keep him. Either way, I do like the approach this staff is taking at this position.

Advertisement
I honestly like Kaaya and Rosier more than this kid. Don't get me wrong he's a great athlete and he can fire the rock ,I just feel like Kaaya and Rosier fit our system better. I think Coley feels the same way with how he's handling Edouard...

Advertisement
it seems like the staff doesn't want him

I read it that the California kid is a silent. I don't know how I feel about the public relations effect of accepting a popular local kid's commit and then basically sending him signals that he isn't wanted. If true I think it's unprofessional and will bite you in the rear end ultimately.

i would be happy if he is our only QB for this class im high on ryan williams and kevin olsen

That's not the only thing you're high on. I like Olsen's potential, but Williams is just a decent backup qb to have right now. Good luck to Alin, his tape didn't impress much, for me. Perhaps he does improve on being a quarterback and prove me wrong, and we keep him. Either way, I do like the approach this staff is taking at this position.

i think we would be crazy to not get alin, flowers, or maybe even treon dudes like cam, wilson, rg3, robinson, and miller are changing the college landscape and we take two of these guys and just one turns out to be one of the before mentioned guys we make our program elite we take kaaya and rozier we are out the running and just hoping he can throw we have dudes like that named williams, crow, thompson, olsen, and dewey

Regardless of if he's in this class or not the staff needs to be up front with him and least give him the latest. Personally, I would love to see him stick and add one more QB then be set.

Advertisement

i think we would be crazy to not get alin, flowers, or maybe even treon dudes like cam, wilson, rg3, robinson, and miller are changing the college landscape and we take two of these guys and just one turns out to be one of the before mentioned guys we make our program elite we take kaaya and rozier we are out the running and just hoping he can throw we have dudes like that named williams, crow, thompson, olsen, and dewey

No, no those guys are not changing the college landscape, dual threat quarterbacks have always existed, have always been around, both in college and in the pros. I love how all of a sudden for some of you guys this is something new. No it isn't, history shows that. And I know now some will come with the argument of pocket vs dual, and as usual some will take it to a racial level since that is the stigma that goes with it. I am not. I don't care if the kid can be a threat running with the ball or not, because what is proven first and foremost above all is, can he play the quarterback position, can he be a QUARTERBACK FIRST, with the threat of running after. Can he make the reads, the progressions, the throws. That is first and foremost of the position, then after that if he can run when it breaks down, great even better, if he can't, doesn't matter because you can and it has shown will win, just so long as he can play quarterback.

Right now you look at Alin and it does not appear that way, perhaps it will he is developing after all. As for Winky, he is a legend in dade, but in the end I don't really see anybody of stature recruiting him as a qb, the same goes for Treon. Is there the chance, schools may be wrong? Of course there is, after all, when you look at RG3, Wilson, Luck, and a lot of other top rated pro qb's, none of them were highly touted coming out of high school. Hopefully, the staff, who does this professionally, unlike all of us arm chair evaluators, are good at evaluating this and find the right guys to fit their system. And that just might be another thing, perhaps these guys may not neccesarily fit their system.

I like Edouard, was excited to have him be a part of this class. He's fun to watch, moves well, and I think has a nice arm.

However, if Coley's talked to Al and we're moving in a different direction, that's okay, too.

This kid is all Miami, IMO, if we want him. He'd just need some love from the staff and assurances that he'll be playing QB. If we want him, he's ours.

Advertisement
Back