Edouard Excited for 2014 Class

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Miami Commit Alin Edouard was one of the early commitments for the Hurricanes recruiting class and is viewed by many as possibly the leader of this class.

“It means a lot to me especially with all of these guys coming in now with K.C (Mcdermott) and the rest of the guys it really shows a lot.”

Edouard is particularly excited about the offensive line Miami is building around him with names like KC Mcdermott, Reilly Gibbons, Nick Linder and Trevor Darling. He has even given them a nickname.

“That’s the great gonna be the “Great wall of China”. Their size and their weight is ridiculous so it’s gonna be great.”

The athletic quarterback hasn’t been in contact with the Miami staff as of recent but maintains he is still solidly committed to Miami.

“I haven’t been talking to the coaches as of late because last week was the ACT but I’ll probably call them this week. I’m still solidly committed to Miami but I’m keeping my options open.”

The Hialeah star player is also excited about other Cane commitment Joseph Yearby and talked a little about the Central running back.

“I was just watching his highlights just the other day and I talked to him a while ago at a camp and I said I really like this kid because he can make moves in the backfield and make defenders miss and its gonna be great me and him.”

Edouard is giving Canes fan some hope for this years class as he keeps saying that there are other players who want to be hurricanes. While Edouard didn’t reveal who they were, he did give a little hint.

“This class is gonna be real good, one of the best.”

Edouard is heading into his teams spring football drills with a couple goals in particular on his mind.

“I want to become more of a leader on the field and also working on all my mechanics because everyone keeps telling me I’m gonna be a wide receiver in college but I’m gonna play quarterback.”

Advertisement
Love this kid, no bull****, just born to be a cane, does any one think he can be like Stephen Morris, he's clearly a great athlete and I thought his highlights showed he had a real strong arm

Love this kid, no bull****, just born to be a cane, does any one think he can be like Stephen Morris, he's clearly a great athlete and I thought his highlights showed he had a real strong arm
I think he can be like RG3 honestly, because of his mobility and with the athletes here, he will have the weapons it's all about can he balance his mobility with his passing and be that dynamic threat

"I’m still solidly committed to Miami but I’m keeping my options open.”

Still don't understand this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard this kid was a big Cristobal guy... i.e. Mario really endorsed and pushed for the offer. Hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up elsewhere.

Advertisement
I heard this kid was a big Cristobal guy... i.e. Mario really endorsed and pushed for the offer. Hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up elsewhere.
:
Simple, he's committed but god forbid something happens he has backup plans which is what every recruit should have ..

:
Simple, he's committed but god forbid something happens he has backup plans which is what every recruit should have ..

How do you recruit other kids when your QB isn't fully committed?

Alin: I my name is Alin, I want you to play with me at Miami. I am a committed player but if "god forbid something happens" (whatever that may be), I am OUT!

2014 Recruit: Oh.

Don't commit then.

Advertisement
You guys forget some of these kids are 15, 16, 17 years old. Are you really trying to dissect their logic? They aren't fully formed grown men, this isn't free agency. This is why you approach recruiting with the attitude that if they show up, their talents can help the team. IF not, oh well. The kid says I'm committed, but keeping my options open. I'd like to hear the question as much as the response. "Hey Alin, are you committed or keeping your options open or what?" At least Bastian posts his interviews with the girlie voice and all, so we can see recruits gathering their thoughts. Edouard has a good attitude and I would like to see him here. But to blast him for his word choice, or especially to compare him to Robert Grifin (before his senior year of high school)...I think some of y'all need a little perspective.

"I’m still solidly committed to Miami but I’m keeping my options open.”

Still don't understand this.

Agree, never have with any of the kids. Goes back to Al saying if you're looking we're looking. With that said maybe the kid is trying to get interest up for some of his teammates, who knows. Just hope he stay in the class and is comfortable with us bringing in another QB along with him.

Advertisement
Back