Edouard Commits

Those saying that Alin has awful mechanics have to show me what they see here

[video=youtube;etP_rWaUv24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etP_rWaUv24[/video]

Griffin's release in that video is considerably longer and more inconsistent than Eduoard's is right now.

Advertisement

Griffin's release in that video is considerably longer and more inconsistent than Eduoard's is right now.

QB's that run scare people for some reason.

1) People are deathly afraid of the read option.

2) People are terrified of the "spread" offense even though pretty much every team in the NFL uses Spread concepts.

3) People aren't interested in projections. What they see right now is pretty much what they go on. No attention is paid to development or growth.

Every debate on Edouard becomes a Spread vs. Pro-Style debate which is so wrong on so many levels. The offense that Edouard runs in high school has nothing to do with what he'll run in Coral Gables and all the "Pro" teams implement elements of the spread. There was a team in the Super Bowl who used the read option as a primary weapon for christ sake.

Any questions about this move should be directed at Coley and his capability of developing a QB, but until we see what Coley is like with QB's, there's really nothing to go on except, "Oh God...I hate this offense...we're going to be the suck if Edouard is running this Denard Robinson crap"

Credit goes to Bakas. Here's a link to Edouard's game by game stats. Looks like the mediocre stats are correct.

http://sportstrac.herald.com/sportstrac/PlayerPage.aspx?ID=33699

those stats have been proven to faulty and/or incorrect. He has more like 20 TD's and 1900 yards passing

How was it proven? Someone said they emailed a guy and the guy said that the mediocre stats may be a result of the school not reporting stats from all games. The link above includes ALL games. In fact, that's the very reason why I posted the link; so that people could see that the original stats included all games played.

Advertisement
Credit goes to Bakas. Here's a link to Edouard's game by game stats. Looks like the mediocre stats are correct.

those stats have been proven to faulty and/or incorrect. He has more like 20 TD's and 1900 yards passing

How was it proven? Someone said they emailed a guy and the guy said that the mediocre stats may be a result of the school not reporting stats from all games. The link above includes ALL games. In fact, that's the very reason why I posted the link; so that people could see that the original stats included all games played.

Dog, that's less touchdowns than they initially reported lol. Now he had 7 TD's, when in the article on Wednesday they said 9.

The issue was that the Herald didn't send anyone to all of the Hialeah games, so they couldn't possibly have the most accurate stats.

Dog, that's less touchdowns than they initially reported lol. Now he had 7 TD's, when in the article on Wednesday they said 9.

The issue was that the Herald didn't send anyone to all of the Hialeah games, so they couldn't possibly have the most accurate stats.

Man, go back and read post #150 in this thread.

QB's that run scare people for some reason.

1) People are deathly afraid of the read option.

2) People are terrified of the "spread" offense even though pretty much every team in the NFL uses Spread concepts.

3) People aren't interested in projections. What they see right now is pretty much what they go on. No attention is paid to development or growth.

Every debate on Edouard becomes a Spread vs. Pro-Style debate which is so wrong on so many levels. The offense that Edouard runs in high school has nothing to do with what he'll run in Coral Gables and all the "Pro" teams implement elements of the spread. There was a team in the Super Bowl who used the read option as a primary weapon for christ sake.

Any questions about this move should be directed at Coley and his capability of developing a QB, but until we see what Coley is like with QB's, there's really nothing to go on except, "Oh God...I hate this offense...we're going to be the suck if Edouard is running this Denard Robinson crap"

You make some good points. But, I will say that not many nfl teams use these read option variations of the "spread" offense. I think I read somewhere that with kapernik taking snaps, the niners ran from the pistol maybe half the time.

As for this type of qb, what concerns me is that fsu's offense has been so erratic the past few years. Yes, I know jimbo makes the calls but coley had to have a role in the orchestration of that offense. Anyway, separate debate.

I agree with you that we would be well served to go to a read option but qbs that run it effectively don't grow on trees. Don't want to move in that direction just for the sake of running a spread option.

Advertisement

I'm well aware of the post bro. Maybe you should look at the stats again. There are no Passing TD's listed.

Again, the reporter said that they didn't go to all of the games (implying that the stats were short because all games were not reported). Provided is a link that includes all of the games. Now, you want me to believe that despite having stats from all of the games, what actually happened was that all of the stats were actually incorrect, and that actually Edouard's threw for 1000 more yards in 9 games total? I mean, really? Maybe I could buy the argument that the 900 yards were from say 5 games, but to have all of the games listed? Nah, not buying that.

With that said, I'm still excited about his commitment.

I'm well aware of the post bro. Maybe you should look at the stats again. There are no Passing TD's listed.

Again, the reporter said that they didn't go to all of the games (implying that the stats were short because all games were not reported). Provided is a link that includes all of the games. Now, you want me to believe that despite having stats from all of the games, what actually happened was that all of the stats were actually incorrect, and that actually Edouard's threw for 1000 more yards in 9 games total? I mean, really? Maybe I could buy the argument that the 900 yards were from say 5 games, but to have all of the games listed? Nah, not buying that.

Are you slow? They reported him having 9 TD's and ain't no Passing TD's listed in the statistics. What about that don't you understand?

Are you slow? They reported him having 9 TD's and ain't no Passing TD's listed in the statistics. What about that don't you understand?

So because the passing TD's are not listed, that means that the truth is that the kid threw for 1900 yards and 20 TD's because the coach/player said so? Are you dumb? Since the mediocre stats have been debunked, show me where the correct stats are listed.

So because the passing TD's are not listed, that means that the truth is that the kid threw for 1900 yards and 20 TD's because the coach/player said so? Are you dumb? Since the mediocre stats have been debunked, show me where the correct stats are listed.

THEY AREN'T LISTED. So we don't know. I never said what they were or weren't, YOU DID. My whole point the entire time was that we have no idea what the real stats are. The stats don't even matchup with his highlight tape for christ sake. They've got him down for 85 yards against Belen Jesuit and he had 3 rushing attempts in his highlights for more than that. Guess he lost yardage on the rest of the attempts...or THE STATS ARE WRONG.

Advertisement

THEY AREN'T LISTED. So we don't know. I never said what they were or weren't, YOU DID. My whole point the entire time was that we have no idea what the real stats are. The stats don't even matchup with his highlight tape for christ sake. They've got him down for 85 yards against Belen Jesuit and he had 3 rushing attempts in his highlights for more than that. Guess he lost yardage on the rest of the attempts...or THE STATS ARE WRONG.

Nah, actually you said that those stats were incorrect and stated definitively, "He has more like 20 TD's and 1900 yards passing." How is that not saying what they were? And maybe he had rushing attempts that were called back? You know, you can click on the actual school and it gives a boxscore to all of the games. It's lists EVERYTHING. First downs, fumbles, scoring summary, etc.

Nah, actually you said that those stats were incorrect and stated definitively, "He has more like 20 TD's and 1900 yards passing." How is that not saying what they were? And maybe he had rushing attempts that were called back? You know, you can click on the actual school and it gives a boxscore to all of the games. It's lists EVERYTHING. First downs, fumbles, scoring summary, etc.

But not Passing TD's...good day to you sir

But not Passing TD's...good day to you sir

So again, you are saying that we have no idea what the real stats are while at the same time telling us what his stats are more closer to? LMAO

BTW, click on the boxscores man and you will see where they got the TD's from. Again, rushes, first downs, field goals, penalties, touchdowns, scoring summary, etc its all listed. For example, first game against Belen jesuit 2 passing TD's, 2 picks. Second game against Charlotte 1 passing TD, 0 picks, etc...

Last edited:
Advertisement
that dude looks like he could be real good in time, very smooth. i swear he's like a bridgewater clone...a guy urban thought couldn't play qb smh.

1775 and Jerzey,

Why don't we let Pete handle this one. Can we request an interview with the coach or player to sort out the stats issue?

that dude looks like he could be real good in time, very smooth. i swear he's like a bridgewater clone...a guy urban thought couldn't play qb smh.

Urban talking about somebody not being able to play QB?

His system is based around athletes playing QB.

Urban talking about somebody not being able to play QB?

His system is based around athletes playing QB.

SMH

he gets lots of credit for his recruiting, but overall, it was lackluster. we were always short on schollies and always woefully short at one position or another. some of the guys who turned out to be studs he didn't even want to offer, he had to be convinced by greg mattison to take tebow and brandon james for example, i mean straight up didn't wanna give em a ship. thought brandon spikes was too slow to play linebacker and had to be convinced by strong to offer him. urban cared about one thing and one thing only...athleticism, production be damned.

anyway, bridgewater came to a camp and threw and was subsequently offered as a receiver. at the time, word was he was leaning uf so take that for what it's worth. charlie strong was literally begging meyer to offer him and he refused. that's why it was no surprise to a lot of insiders when bridgewater followed strong to louisville once his miami commitment didn't work out. he loved strong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back