Edit: Canes vs Dook Game Thread

Don’t be a female dog. Only losers blame the refs. If you handle business, the refs can’t take it from you.

Wong had a chance to cut it to a 2 point lead with just over a minute left. Had a midrange jumper, which is his shot, and he missed. Duke goes down and hits a three. Wrap.
IMO it was that sequence plus the one where Duke got 5 FTs in a row, one where two refs called jump ball but ended up a foul on us, and the other when it looked like Duke hit the ball out but they were awarded possession then we fouled the three-point shooter.

Last chance was when we missed a flurry of 3s near the very end. Don’t really count that except that every team we play makes unlimited 3s at the end smh so I guess we still had a chance.

Advertisement
IMO it was that sequence plus the one where Duke got 5 FTs in a row, one where two refs called jump ball but ended up a foul on us, and the other when it looked like Duke hit the ball out but they were awarded possession then we fouled the three-point shooter.

Last chance was when we missed a flurry of 3s near the very end. Don’t really count that except that every team we play makes unlimited 3s at the end smh so I guess we still had a chance.
The first paragraph you nailed it 100%. Disgraceful but typical Tobacco Road officiating behavior.

Rowe said it wasn’t broken in the first half. Only way to have had that confirmed is an x-ray, so that’s good news.

Everyone talking about “ligament damage.” Anytime you sprain your ankle you have ligament damage, that’s what a sprain is…

He’s not gonna be 100% for awhile, but as long as he’s mobile and not limping he will be fine. They do a good job with ankles now. We are fortunate we have a week off too

Good points and I hope and pray you’re right but that looked bad and Omier seemed to know it was bad. Depends on the grade but that could be a grade 2 or 3 sprain which would make any kind of return this season tough.

Also Wong’s first “foul” on the 3PA was absolutely not a foul. Duke player went straight up and kicked his feet well over a foot inside the 3 point line to catch wong on the contest.

funniest call of the night was the ref who started to signal an offensive foul on duke and for whatever reason put the brakes on the call real fast!!!

Advertisement
funniest call of the night was the ref who started to signal an offensive foul on duke and for whatever reason put the brakes on the call real fast!!!

Yup. I was getting excited because Walker did something (took a charge) and then the ref stopped making the call.

Whole conference is embarrassing. Reward Duke on anything 50/50. Impossible to win. I don’t even really understand why it’s the way it is. But my god. I hate complaining about officiating but tonight takes the cake. Embarrassing
It was truly sickening, and beyond blatant to anyone with a working pair of eyes. Pathetic

Advertisement
I was yelling this all game , I don’t get it. It’s obvious to anyone Casey made a much bigger impact with defending , rebounding , and more of a threat on offense.
Casey didn’t have any boards, but he impacted a bunch of shots. Walker was completely useless on D, and wasted several shots on offense. I don’t like Casey taking 3’s either, though.

Casey didn’t have any boards, but he impacted a bunch of shots. Walker was completely useless on D, and wasted several shots on offense. I don’t like Casey taking 3’s either, though.
No rebounds but plenty of tip outs. Getting the ball out of the paint or out to guards who got the board.

Hes a bigger body that blocked out and was really nice with help defense. He made Duke work inside. 1 gets lost in the wash and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Takes himself out the play.

No rebounds but plenty of tip outs. Getting the ball out of the paint or out to guards who got the board.

Hes a bigger body that blocked out and was really nice with help defense. He made Duke work inside. 1 gets lost in the wash and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Takes himself out the play.
Casey should start in place of injured Omier if he can't play. But I bet coach L will start Walker.

Here are some takes on tonight's loss:

1. Omier going down was the worse thing that could've happened to this team. Hopefully, we can get him back in time for our next game. Will be tough to win without him.
1. Refs were bad. Just the usual crap from an ACC crew. That said we lost this game. Not the refs.
2. Biggest difference in this game was one team shot the ball well and the other team didn't. Duke shot lights out in the first half. We couldn't afford to lose Omier and not shoot well and expect to win. Not having Norchad also hurt us on the boards.
3. The substituting seemed a little off all night. Losing Omier early probably threw it out of whack, but I thought our staff should've given Casey a little more PT. He wasn't great, but was more impactful and looked like he was playing a lot better than Walker.
4. Pack seems off. His game and body language hasn't been the best in recent weeks. If I had to guess, he's probably playing hurt. No inside info. Just looks that way to me from where I'm sitting.
5. Good to see Wong have that kind of game after taking home ACCPOY. Going to need more of that from him moving forward.
6. Encouraged from some of the play from some of our younger players, particularly Joseph. Played balls to the wall on both ends. Was tenacious on D and knocked down open shots on O.

Looking forward to selection Sunday. I think this loss drops us to 5/6 seed. IMO I think we needed this win to secure 4 or better.

Advertisement
Egregious calls off the top of my head. No research: 1. Jump ball foul on wong. 2. Pack out of bounds 3. Wong out of bounds 4. Duke throwing the ball into the 6th row after magically a foul was called on them 5. See number 4. They did it twice. 6. Casey steal foul 7. Lively knocked the ball out of bounds 8. Filipowski bulldozing walker.

That’s absolutely pathetic

Advertisement
Egregious calls off the top of my head. No research: 1. Jump ball foul on wong. 2. Pack out of bounds 3. Wong out of bounds 4. Duke throwing the ball into the 6th row after magically a foul was called on them 5. See number 4. They did it twice. 6. Casey steal foul 7. Lively knocked the ball out of bounds 8. Filipowski bulldozing walker.

That’s absolutely pathetic
Another one is Wong fouling the 3pt shot the first time. He kicked his legs out!

This was my perspective, being in the building. Miami never had momentum. If you had just watched the game and never looked at the score, at halftime you would’ve thought duke was up 15. It was a great effort just keeping it close, with Duke getting every bounce, every shot to drop, and every bit of a home crowd advantage.

Plenty of awful calls. But the closest thing that Miami had to momentum was right before Lively clearly knocked that ball out. Just gifted them 3 points and stole any bit of juice Miami had built up. And the best chance we ever had to get over the hump and take a lead. It was deflating. You could see it. Once again it was an unreal effort to keep it within 3-4 for the next couple minutes after that. The cherry on top was that obvious charge that TV Teddy had locked and ****ed and just didn’t bang it. That was the nail in the coffin. Like I said earlier, I had UVA fans all around just laughing and shaking their heads. They knew.

Duke brought their A game, and got all the calls and bounces. Miami brought their B game and was without an irreplaceable piece.

People saying Pack was a waste of an NIL need to get ****ed. Yes he didn’t play well yesterday but he’s been playing hurt and has helped us with many games this year with some clutch shots.

Omier going down obviously hurt, I don’t question L much but tonight I question him on how much he played Walker. Casey was much better tonight you could see the potential in him.

If Omier is out then we need to go small or have Casey get more pt because Walker isn’t cutting it.

Wong had himself a **** of a game.

Advertisement
Back