Edgerrin James v. Terrell Davis HOF finalists

Edge should be a no brainer. He was insane his first 2 years, then sort of reinvented himself after the knee injury, and remained one of the best in the game for the next 6 or 7 years. I'm much more confident about Edge getting in than Gore, who also really deserves it.

TD - I just feel bad for him. He's a very emotional pick for voters. He's a great guy, and he basically carried Elway to 2 Super Bowls. It's also forgotten how dominant he was in the postseason. In 8 postseason games he ran for 1,140 yards and 12 TD's, and he was dominant in every single game.

He had an awesome 3 year run - but it's just not enough. He goes in my All ACL/What Could Have Been HOF with Billy Sims and William Andrews.

Advertisement
When the poster posted the all time rushing stats I was not aware of the HOFers that Edge was in the company with...I might have to change my stance. Maybe he will make it on his 3rd time out. TD might not make it all.

Edge would have been a first ballot if he had not gotten hurt.. guaranteed.

Advertisement
Edge should be in within 3 ballots imo.

I hope Frank can get another few hundred yds next season. That'd put him top 10.

Obviously I am an Edge fan. He deserves it. Look at his receiving numbers as well and it closes the case.

I really hated that he never won a SB. Colts had their chances and who knows if they ever win one if the Patriots are not allowed to man handle receivers the way they did in the playoffs. And then of course he was oh so close with the Cardinals but came up short. He had a great career and being in the HOF will cement that. He is an even better person off the field.

Edge lost out at being a HOF when he left the Colts. Nobody watched the Cat play in Zona. Will take a long time for Edge to get in. Got to remember that this thing is voted on by only 40 writers. They have agendas. Edge was a good guy but had Dreds and came from Miami and was drafted ahead of Darling at the time Rickey Williams. And with TD being out there for several years on the ballot. Will be very hard for him in my opinion deserving or not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back