Ed Reed's Role at the U - "Get as many Miami guys, FL Athletes as we can"

YUMU

Recruit
"I am here to assist coach Manny in everything he needs. I am his right hand"
"Get as many Miami guys, Florida Athletes as we can" / "we want the best" .. IT is getting lot better since Ed took this gig.. it is not all him but surely recruiting is improving big time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Honestly it doesn't matter what his exact role is. ER being "on staff" gives this staff more clout. See Dre Bly @ UNC. A name carries a lot of weight in recruiting. Not to mention, Ed loves this U and will do what he can to get us back.

He was a great on the field leader with the spirit and energy of a true warrior.

He is a HOFer who knows what it takes win a National Championship and a Super Bowl.

He bleeds Orange and Green and can mentor kids like no other former player.

Having him on the staff is a plus no matter how people want to spin it into a negative.

Advertisement
Having Reed around is defiantly a plus but the HC still is the guy who sets the table. Miami just needs to go out and get the best players in any given year period. If a great player is in Detroit then go there... if you have an outstanding guy in Utah go there.... California, Texas etc. The reality is when you look at any Hurricane championship roster it was made up of guys from all over the country not just Florida kids.

Another thing, is Miami going to a stead attack with a dual threat qb? Or just a speed attack that can be adjusted to any qb's skill set? They have king this year who's a duel threat but this year they seem to clamoring USC commit Jake Garcia. I've been secretly rooting for the mochata kid or whatever his name is. The big 6-5 cat from Texas who can run and throw supposedly. Hopefully he has the brains to go with. Seemed to be super athletic. Bring in guys like him and some denard Robinson south fl types and Miami can have a fun *** offense kids with trip over each other to play for. Look at what OU has done at the qb position lately or even bich *** Ohio St when Meyer was there. He had that position stacked!

I want to believe activities are going on behind the scene in a positive "dont get Miami death penalty kinda way".

The public view so far, meh.

Its a shame because he can be an incredible asset to our Canes...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back