Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not šŸ« )

Advertisement
Bethune-Cookman has been a historically Black university for 119 years. Educating professionals for over a century. You know nothing about BCU. Youā€˜re advocating for an unhinged, erratic, petulant former player because he didnā€™t get a job. He went to Miami, won them a championship, and the MOST Miami had for him was chief of staff positionā€¦whatever that means. You have no clue about BCU or its financials. But to root for the U in Miami Dade and call BCU corrupt is hypocritical and hilarious. Imagine being from Miami and calling anything corrupt. Ed Reed isn't the coach and he wonā€™t be. To equate a HBCU to a prison football team lets me know all I need to know about you.

Bethune-Cookman has been a historically Black university for 119 years. Educating professionals for over a century. You know nothing about BCU. Youā€˜re advocating for an unhinged, erratic, petulant former player because he didnā€™t get a job. He went to Miami, won them a championship, and the MOST Miami had for him was chief of staff positionā€¦whatever that means. You have no clue about BCU or its financials. But to root for the U in Miami Dade and call BCU corrupt is hypocritical and hilarious. Imagine being from Miami and calling anything corrupt. Ed Reed isn't the coach and he wonā€™t be. To equate a HBCU to a prison football team lets me know all I need to know about you.

You are making this personal. I simply said the conditions at the facility, as described by Ed Reed, would be unacceptable at a prison facility. I am not sure how i am equating an HBCU to a prison by saying that. I think you are being obtuse. As for what I know about BCU, I knew enough to do my own research before I spoke, I did not just listen to what Ed Reed had to say. You may want to go look at some of my posts about this topic in general. I get the impression you may be waaaaaaaaaay off on who i am, and what i am about. I will respectfully leave it that. Nice middle finger by the way. Respectfully.

It personal, you equated a HBCU to a prison team and as far as for 2 years from now or 2 two year ago lol. How come nobody hired him

And another funny *** thing. Mario gave Miami a list of issues that needed to be addressed before he even considered the HC job, cough cough facilities

Advertisement
you equated a HBCU to a prison team

The condition of the facility as described, before Edā€™s arrival were not up to the standards of a prestigious university such as BCU. The condition as described were not even up to the standards of a prison facility football team. This is called hyperbole to make a point. But I think you know that and are deflecting.

As for the 2 years. I simply was going to say, lets see where Ed is and where BCU is in two years, in terms of its football program and his career, but that seemed a tad juveniles on my part, so I deleted it.

The condition of the facility as described, before Edā€™s arrival were not up to the standards of a prestigious university such as BCU. The condition as described were not even up to the standards of a prison facility football team. This is called hyperbole to make a point. But I think you know that and are deflecting.

As for the 2 years. I simply was going to say, lets see where Ed is and where BCU is in two years, in terms of its football program and his career, but that seemed a tad juveniles on my part, so I deleted it.
Mario burned the entire Miami infrastructure down because it wasnā€™t up to par, you seemed to know a lot about prison football teamsā€¦ā€¦please continue

Mario burned the entire Miami infrastructure down because it wasnā€™t up to par, you seemed to know a lot about prison football teamsā€¦ā€¦please continue
I havenā€™t said anything about Mario or Miami at all during this ā€œdiscussion.ā€ Itā€™s irrelevant.

I worked at two different federal prisons during a 7 year career with the bureau of prisons, and have visited several other institutions during that time, so yeah i have a little knowledge. My nephew attended Morehouse and now Morgan State. My kids are not at that age yet to have to make a decision but some HBCUs are encouraged, with visits already taken place to North Carolina A&T, Coppin and Morgan State and Bowie State.

With that all out the way, back to the topic, was Ed inaccurate or lying about anything he said? And why did it result in protests by students and not just about the football aspect?

Advertisement
Even if u were fully on Ed Reeds side, how heā€™s handling everything on Social Media is exactly what you donā€™t want from a HC. Itā€™s not even 100% the initial Social media stuff, but the continuation of it. He has killed any future opportunity to be a HC without starting from the bottom imo

Even if u were fully on Ed Reeds side, how heā€™s handling everything on Social Media is exactly what you donā€™t want from a HC. Itā€™s not even 100% the initial Social media stuff, but the continuation of it. He has killed any future opportunity to be a HC without starting from the bottom imo
My only question on this is, why TF is this nikka the AD and head basketball coach?! Lmao. That tells you everything you need to know about that university!

Soooooo does this dude have CTE??

Heā€™s posting his instagram DMs with Shannon Sharpe now.

Iā€™ll admit I havenā€™t been following this coaching then not coaching then having petitions signed to be rehired, etcā€¦.but what I have seen, am I totally out of my mind for thinking Ed is a little unhinged at the moment???

but that doesnt explain trent dilfer getting the UAB job after just coaching HS. deion coached HS and ended up having to go to an HBCU whereas dilfer is gifted into a good g5 gig. you can say all that, but its bull**** bc trent dilfer didnt have to go be an analyst like the HS coaches in SFL to get into the college ranks or become a coordinator or a position coach somewhere. its all bull****.
I wouldn't have hired any of them for a head coaching job at the division 1 level, end of story. Work your way up. All the best have. I don't predict success for Dilfer either.

Advertisement
Soooooo does this dude have CTE??

Heā€™s posting his instagram DMs with Shannon Sharpe now.

Iā€™ll admit I havenā€™t been following this coaching then not coaching then having petitions signed to be rehired, etcā€¦.but what I have seen, am I totally out of my mind for thinking Ed is a little unhinged at the moment???
Yeah, it's weird. He seemed to get really agitated by Sharpe's comment about how it wasn't what God intended for Reed. I get that one could see that as trite and shallow, but I really can't see that Sharpe did anything wrong.

Yeah, it's weird. He seemed to get really agitated by Sharpe's comment about how it wasn't what God intended for Reed. I get that one could see that as trite and shallow, but I really can't see that Sharpe did anything wrong.

Heā€™s giving me AB vibes.

Again though, I havenā€™t followed this incredibly closely. So someone unbiased tell me this dude is acting sanely.

Heā€™s giving me AB vibes.
I'm not gonna delve that deeply into the situation. If he wants to coach, I am confident that he could get many assistant positions that would afford him plenty of motivational and schematic teaching opportunities. But, as I've previously stated, I can't say what he wants. If he just wants to "run an athletic program," then start by working for an AD's office. The whole thing is weird. Why am I thinking about this?

Advertisement
He's not acting intelligently, rationally, or professionally. There is no explaining his actions at all from start until now, but I can't comment on sanity.

Doubt he ever coaches again and the excuse will be how he didn't get a fair shot. How he was too passionate, real, and raw, not that he acted the fool.

Still think he likes the idea of coaching, but he's also not fully about that life. I don't blame him, he's likely financially set. That's a big commitment, at any level.

I wish BCU in present time were living up to Mary McCleod Bethuneā€™s vision and uplifting her good name.

I wish Ed was a little more refined.

Stealing money from college students will always be more egregious than panzy *** social media posts.

Having a filthy *** campus for a private school is unbecoming of the foundations HBCUā€™s are supposed to be built upon.

Yeah Ed can be better but now BCU needs to better.

Advertisement
Back