Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

Because Reed doesn't want to start from the ground up. You could look to Deion never being a position coach, but Deion was a HS HC for 3 years (to coach his son's team, but still, didn't start off at the college/position level).

Here's the thing.

Ed and Deion were great players, no doubt. And at that level of achievement, I can understand them wanting to start at a high level of coaching instead of starting at the bottom, though I don't agree with their views.

Having said that, even if we could agree with their viewpoint...

A) How does being a great player train a guy to START at a coaching level that requires more than just teaching the position they were great at, and
B) When has this approach ever worked in the history of college or NFL coaching?

That's all. Now, Deion got incredibly lucky. He transformed what some would see as a "volunteer job" (coaching one's sons in a sport) into what seemed like a dead-end HBCU job (but which benefitted greatly from his celebrity as much as his coaching) into a P5 head coaching job at a thirsty school desparate for traction.

I respect Ed Reed. I just think that if he wants to coach, he is better off starting out as a position coach, MAYBE a Co-DC.

Advertisement
Deion was a coach longer than 3 years i think aver 6 years at least.

Also Deion is more savvy than Ed in that regards in the coaching world you can see what he drew from to his coaching staffs at JSU.

Dude needs a wake up call if he is serious about being a coach....but hes kind of unhinged at this point.
Oh, I wasn't aware he was in the coaching area longer, I stand corrected. But you're right, if he's serious about this, he needs to have realistic expectations.

Ed needs to dial down the social media stuff. He needs to realize that because of who he is, he has more "clout" than any administration. Plenty of people will take Ed's side simply because it's Ed Reed. I am sure administrations will be very leery of employing someone who can set off a storm with a single social media post. And these aren't battles administrations can win.

Oh, I wasn't aware he was in the coaching area longer, I stand corrected. But you're right, if he's serious about this, he needs to have realistic expectations.

People make this big deal about his high school coaching.

---Two years as a head coach at Prime Prep Academy, a school he founded
---Two years as a head coach at Triple A Academy, where most of his Prime Prep players went after it collapsed
---Three years as OC at Trinity Christian High School, while Shilo and Shedeur were there

Just think about it this way. While nobody is denying that Deion has coaching experience, the power dynamic between coaches and players at the HS level is profoundly different from that in college or the NFL.

People make this big deal about his high school coaching.

---Two years as a head coach at Prime Prep Academy, a school he founded
---Two years as a head coach at Triple A Academy, where most of his Prime Prep players went after it collapsed
---Three years as OC at Trinity Christian High School, while Shilo and Shedeur were there

Just think about it this way. While nobody is denying that Deion has coaching experience, the power dynamic between coaches and players at the HS level is profoundly different from that in college or the NFL.
7 years of coaching is fairly long..and coaching ina quality football area and dealing with different backgrounds of kids.

It was a solid segway to an HBCU.

Ed got to skip that part..and was getting a solid landing starting point at an HBCU..in the state he wants to live in.
BCU lacks funding,etc...but BCU has also still previously put some nfl talent and is located in central fla a spot a guy like ed reed can easily recruit talent to.
Other than game day atmospher BCU has Jackson State beat as far as everything and Deion turned that place into a show...im sure Reed with time couldve did similar.
Dude just needs to dial it back a bit but im not sure if he can..thats kind of him ..passionate.

In reference to Deion the same thing he did at JSU he was doing while coahcing high school..he was recording and documenting it even then...and you kind of saw him be hard on kids that needed it or help kids, etc. I watched his reality show back then so got a look into his mindset so nothing with what occurred at JSU was a surprise because he has always had the cameras around. Some of it is even cringe...remember when Shedeur would go to his mom(divorce situations) and would come back to Deion an say his name isnt Shedeur any more its whatever randoms h*t his mom said it was....an dthe son the db has ALWAYS been the one that doesnt listen to Deion lol

Advertisement
I love reading people who seem to think they've got coaching all figured out. Gotta do X then Y then Z.

Meanwhile the same guy they loved never played a ******* down of NFL or college ball and had a JD to boot.
Neither did Manny DIAF.
Go figure that one out.

Jason Taylor seemed fine with not being the head coach. Ed should take notes. Start somewhere...the ascension would likely be quick.
but that doesnt explain trent dilfer getting the UAB job after just coaching HS. deion coached HS and ended up having to go to an HBCU whereas dilfer is gifted into a good g5 gig. you can say all that, but its bull**** bc trent dilfer didnt have to go be an analyst like the HS coaches in SFL to get into the college ranks or become a coordinator or a position coach somewhere. its all bull****.

Ed is going to keep doing it his way and betting on himself. I love it. I am sure he doesn’t NEED to coach. But some of these schools like BCU, need Ed Reed. Deion set the blue print for these HBCUs on how to quickly rise in this game. Eventually, a real admin will come calling, and that school will advance far beyond BCU, who will continue to flounder, unless they can get it together, which by the looks of it, seems doubtful.

Advertisement
Dilfer is also a QB guru who is talked about from the years he spent with the Elite 11. Google Dilfer and Elite 11 and it goes even deeper then just teaching a kid a 3 step drop. He did thing off the field too. People may not like him but an NFL qb/Tv Analyst/Elite 11 for 10+ years has opened doors for him today. Deions 2 years at Jackson St got him an p5 job despite the prime prep debacle and Ed was given a college coaching job despite being an asst DB coach for 1 year and showing up to Miami to be a figurehead a couple days a week.

Advertisement
In the video, Theus also said Ed puts on for the camera and when the cam is off, Ed is different.

Last edited:
Theus also said Ed puts on for the camera and when the cam is off, Ed is different.
That Coc*sucker is full of sh*t....Ask Theus, does the administration put on for the camera in regards to the Millions of $$$ misappropriation and when it's off act different??

Advertisement
Ed is going to keep doing it his way and betting on himself. I love it. I am sure he doesn’t NEED to coach. But some of these schools like BCU, need Ed Reed. Deion set the blue print for these HBCUs on how to quickly rise in this game. Eventually, a real admin will come calling, and that school will advance far beyond BCU, who will continue to flounder, unless they can get it together, which by the looks of it, seems doubtful.
UM, Buffalo didnt make Ed a coach but BCU should accept Ed after he flat out disrespected BCU

Let do this, I would like to call your bosses corrupt motha****as on social media and make sure you @ your name, the bosses name and company and let see how that goes

Yall have so much to say about BCU. Guess I missed the call for Ed Reed to get his job back at Miami? Or any job at Miami? Y’all don’t want him either. Miami was 5-7 with him on staff…guess that explains why. #HailWildcats

UM, Buffalo didnt make Ed a coach but BCU should accept Ed after he flat out disrespected BCU

Let do this, I would like to call your bosses corrupt motha****as on social media and make sure you @ your name, the bosses name and company and let see how that goes

BCU has been corrupt and has been disrespecting themselves for quite some time.

What BCU should have done is be thankful that Ed Reed was even willing to deal with them to begin with. Thankfulness would have looked like them having enough sense to make sure the man who is there to save you by generating more money than you have lost and misappropriated (a lot), did not walk into a situation that would be unacceptable at a prison football team’s facility.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back