Ed Reed tweet

I took it as a Disdainment to Baker Liking the calmness Back there. But maybe that’s because it’s how I want to see it. I don’t want a calm back end, I want Roving head hunters, stalking the opponents, causing havoc, and willing the rest of the D into a vortex of savagery. But then again, with targeting, maybe Bakers catatonic persona is good.

Advertisement
Manny tried, got the door slammed in his face. His first call to hire a coordinator was Bo Pelini who was HC at YSU and Bo said no on the phone, didn’t even fly in for an interview. Not a big fan of Diaz.
Wonderful. Was that his only candidate like that?

Manny tried, got the door slammed in his face. His first call to hire a coordinator was Bo Pelini who was HC at YSU and Bo said no on the phone, didn’t even fly in for an interview. Not a big fan of Diaz.
Kevin Patrick is at FAU as a position coach after being let go from NCSt in the same capacity. He made a familiar hire and now we're paying for it.

Advertisement
Bro, the man was hired for a reason. He's going to do what he feels need to be done. Only problem is the new soft mindset able to deal with it?

Fans are saying Reed shouldn’t do this. Why TF not? That keep it in house stuff hasn’t helped us in years. We praise coaches/players publicly, so call them out publicly.

This is big time college football. You are at Miami because of football. You are getting paid 6 figures because your are the DC at Miami. Get it together or get gone. Weak links in the chain are why we lost to FIU & La Tech. Ivey & Baker need a fire lit under their asses!
The fact that he has too because nobody else will is why we suck to begin with. When will do his program man up and be accountable?

Wonderful. Was that his only candidate like that?
Bo was his big target with power 5 success and I know that from the horse’s mouth and confirmed by Mark Stoops. Pelini was running out the string of Nebraska’s buyout which was 18+ million and was ready, but not here under Diaz. Some other names surfaced but who knows about this rumor or that. I can speak for Bo, kids would play their *** off for him. Contrary to popular belief here, we cannot attract coaches, including coordinators, like the olden days, far from a dream job right now. Since Butch left our HC hires speak for themselves. Al and Richt were the only 2 with HC experience and Golden was a flyer and Mark was at the end of the line. Where have any coordinators Or position coaches gone in the last 15 years. Stoops has probably been one of our biggest success stories since 2003. I hope manny finds his way, will be interesting according to people that know way more than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Only team in the nation that has "OR" at all the starter positions.

Coaches won't pick the best players and let them start bc their coaching and scheme is so fundamentally flawed that noone will look good.

Have to rotate through the entire roster to "develop depth." Including walkons.

Diaz, Baker and their goons have reached the pinnacle of their careers and they know it. They'll be fired or leave of their own volition to go to D2 eventually.

When was the last time we assigned a defender to cover a tight end or running back? When was the last time we disguised a blitz?

Diaz and Baker are the literal definition of "Fake it til you make it." Diaz is a statistics researcher who lucked his way into coaching.

I hope Lashlee will get the head coaching gig soon.

Coaches won't pick the best players and let them start bc their coaching and scheme is so fundamentally flawed that noone will look good.

Diaz, Baker and their goons have reached the pinnacle of their careers and they know it. They'll be fired or leave of their own volition to go to D2 eventually.

When was the last time we assigned a defender to cover a tight end or running back? When was the last time we disguised a blitz?

Diaz and Baker are the literal definition of "Fake it til you make it." Diaz is a statistics researcher who lucked his way into coaching.

Many, many, many, many programs list “OR” on depth charts.

It’s really hard to be as cluelessly female hormonal as this fanbase. Truly. It’s impressive, actually.

The fact that he has too because nobody else will is why we suck to begin with. When will do his program man up and be accountable?
Exactly! Like how are we 1 step away from the pros but tip toeing around players feelings. It’s time to man up!

Advertisement
Many, many, many, many programs list “OR” on depth charts.

It’s really hard to be as cluelessly female hormonal as this fanbase. Truly. It’s impressive, actually.
dude the negativity around here is unbearable, mannys had a top ten defense since he got here and these ****s act like hes terrible.

Wrong....like VERY wrong. And you might also be looking at the "or" in the WRONG way.

Advertisement
I'm not as down on Baker as others but if there's another 2019 VT game then maybe let Banda call the plays. He's already Co-DC.
So you want to go from under qualified DC to a glorified cheerleader who should be recruiting coordinator at most in a P5 school?

This program needs a little more bad guy demandingness from leadership spots. I hope Ed doesn’t get the boot for being that guy. Maybe it’s even orchestrated good cop/bad cop.
Public Reed is gonna be different than lockeroom Reed. No need to stoke the fans negetively. But everything to turn it up on the players. He’s a lockeroom guy at halftime, famous for it. His bar to us is high, his bar to these kids is to make their reach exceed their grasp. No Cane delivers that message better than Ed Reed.#CANESNATIONLIFERS

Advertisement
Back