ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

Another dumb idea.
Listen cuz
1st of all
This is an Opinion

this is a hands on crash course. Reed wants to coach this is a happy compromise that is mutually beneficial

2nd of all just cuz you don’t think it’s a good idea doesn’t mean anything to me or the people who make decisions

3rd of all I am a Grown up so I don’t get emotional and feminine about things because they don’t go my way.
things are what they are whether it’s Saban or Golden or Schnelly or anyone who comes to coach here.things always work themselves out Whether u or I like it or not

so it wasn’t my idea it was an opinion

Advertisement
I and many care that there is an actual effort and smart strategy coordinated by the University and former players/coaches to help bring our rock-bottom program back to life....

Bringing Ed Reed back is good. The rollout stuff, whether it was coordinated or not, does nothing. Alums and fans seeking nostalgia watched that ReUnion special, not athletic teenagers. Ed Reed recruiting those athletic teenagers in his new position = good, him giving stories on BR is irrelevant in grand scheme of our program's success on the field. When a coach isn't winning enough, they focus on the optics.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) The ReUnion video launches...

2) JJ, Irvin, Ed, Wayne go on national TV and talk about The U and the Superbowl...

3) Ed Reed does the "Untold Stories" episode....

4) Ed Reed announced as the new COS for Miami...

THIS WAS NOT AN COINCIDENCE FOLKS....

Our program and former players/coaches executed a brilliant media strategy to bring BIG ATTENTION TO MIAMI right before this hire..

The kids now are ALL ABOUT celebrity and attention...

We way outclass anything Bama, LSU, FSU or UF coulda done.

I'm with you. I was watching the reunion last night thinking something is up.

I'm glad Reed will be in the building. His voice is needed. But I struggle to imagine that his role will give him the ability to cure the culture and player development problems we have.

Even after reading the press release, there are a lot of questions. Manny did not want Highsmith in the building, will take Ed's advice on prioritizing certain recruits over others? Will he have a vote on offer/no offer to fringe recruits? Benching players who aren't performing? What side will Manny take if Ed butts heads with Banda over coaching? Will Ed be assertive in his role? Will Manny take his game planning advice?

*sigh*

Off season victory and back to wait and see mode again.

Kids know Ed and can relate plus he sells the brand way better than Highsmith

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone said Reed was recently quoted saying "we need to bring Art Kehoe back"...I don't know if he was joking or what, but I'm afraid of that type of "I remember the good ole days around here" attitude, and that..."Hurricane Swagger" solves everything type attitude.

I doubt he was joking. But, He made a good point in the "untold stories" interview about having super bowl winning coaches on the roster. He mentioned Butch, Pagano, Curtis Johnson, and Kehoe as great men leading young men. Hopefully he can continue that legacy.

this right here!!
This hire is for the fans to get off Manny.
puppets.
university of on job training. You could’ve had a NFL exec.
These guys can make up all the posts they want but this is all PR and it’s already working.
They have tricked me for years man no more. I see right through them.....let's see how they tie reeds hands and turn fans against him. Why couldn't Alonzo get a job but Reed could? Makes u wonder man.....talk is talk names are names. Get the elite kids and win....until that happens all this **** is a PR stunt to slurp Manny cause they know alot of the fan base has woken up.

Advertisement
Hope Ed can bring some accountability, the acceptance of losing in the program is mind boggling.

Advertisement
It's a PR stunt to get in our pockets. They have always been good at this for years. Show me
6-7 season over bruh, cry about something else. Miami fans if that’s what you are have plenty to be excited about entering this season with Miami moving to a true spread, getting a dynamic heisman trophy watch list qb in king amongst a number of other things, getting Ed Reed to impart his wisdom on the team is just a bonus period

It's a PR stunt to get in our pockets. They have always been good at this for years. Show me
Like miami didn't just lose to la tech and fiu in the same season and bringing back the same HC lol. To Manny's credit, he's made some solid moves so I won't sht on him, but I'm not jumping for joy in the offseason either. The hype has started earlier than usual this year.

Advertisement
Back