ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

1) The ReUnion video launches...

2) JJ, Irvin, Ed, Wayne go on national TV and talk about The U and the Superbowl...

3) Ed Reed does the "Untold Stories" episode....

4) Ed Reed announced as the new COS for Miami...

THIS WAS NOT AN COINCIDENCE FOLKS....

Our program and former players/coaches executed a brilliant media strategy to bring BIG ATTENTION TO MIAMI right before this hire..

The kids now are ALL ABOUT celebrity and attention...

We way outclass anything Bama, LSU, FSU or UF coulda done.
Definitely was a coordinated move

Advertisement

2) JJ, Irvin, Ed, Wayne go on national TV and talk about The U and the Superbowl...

Our program and former players/coaches executed a brilliant media strategy to bring BIG ATTENTION TO MIAMI right before this hire..

Who cares. Win games. We lost to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech last year, man. Been doing these offseason victories since we hired Coley from FSU.

Did you say we outclass Bama and LSU and we even played a snap yet?

Advertisement

Love the move. Love the off season hype.
still waiting for W’s.

EBFz3tXWkAEAD-l.jpg

BEST.
BUST.
EVER.

I wouldn’t doubt it played out like this at all. Manny is the best offseason, buzz, energy HC I’ve ever seen. He completely flipped the offseason. Just 30 days ago half of us were ready to throw away our season ticket renewals and now the buzz and excitement he has created is off the charts. If it can ever translate to wins, he will be the King of Miami.

Advertisement

If this was a coordinated effort by the U, it was absolutely brilliant. With the SB in town, it gets the ultimate media attention. Add in 3 other legends and JJ just added to the hype. As dysfunctional as this admin seems, I can't imagine they didn't think about what an impact this would have at this particular time.

Advertisement
Agree...And honestly I don't know what to make of this move. Does Ed Reed have any clue how to do whatever the **** it is he has been hired to do?

I'm glad Reed will be in the building. His voice is needed. But I struggle to imagine that his role will give him the ability to cure the culture and player development problems we have.

Even after reading the press release, there are a lot of questions. Manny did not want Highsmith in the building, will take Ed's advice on prioritizing certain recruits over others? Will he have a vote on offer/no offer to fringe recruits? Benching players who aren't performing? What side will Manny take if Ed butts heads with Banda over coaching? Will Ed be assertive in his role? Will Manny take his game planning advice?

*sigh*

Off season victory and back to wait and see mode again.

So focused on chess they forgot about the practice fields . 3D chess guys

Advertisement
I'm glad Reed will be in the building. His voice is needed. But I struggle to imagine that his role will give him the ability to cure the culture and player development problems we have.

Even after reading the press release, there are a lot of questions. Manny did not want Highsmith in the building, will take Ed's advice on prioritizing certain recruits over others? Will he have a vote on offer/no offer to fringe recruits? Benching players who aren't performing? What side will Manny take if Ed butts heads with Banda over coaching? Will Ed be assertive in his role? Will Manny take his game planning advice?

*sigh*

Off season victory and back to wait and see mode again.

Someone said Reed was recently quoted saying "we need to bring Art Kehoe back"...I don't know if he was joking or what, but I'm afraid of that type of "I remember the good ole days around here" attitude, and that..."Hurricane Swagger" solves everything type attitude.

Who cares. Win games. We lost to FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech last year, man. Been doing these offseason victories since we hired Coley from FSU.
Obviously , but this is still big nonetheless. Reed is well is a gigantic sponge of knowledge and our players and coaches obviously could soak up some of that. The big Thing reed can help in is developing WINNING football habits, leadership skills, mentoring, teaching these kids how to get to the top of college football, recruiting and helping kids with watching film. We clearly lack that right now so reed helps with that immediately

Advertisement
Back