Ed Orgeron to be LSU head coach.

Advertisement
It’s the same loud mouth dudes who are always wrong. Your favorite posers!!!!!! Nerds never been a part of the game in anyway outside of their living rooms but think they have all the answers. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Advertisement
In 1993, he didn't have a long career of making hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'd be surprised if he made over 100K per season any season at Miami (1988-1992).
I don't think our assistants were all that well paid, or you wouldn't have seen assistants with side businesses (which some apparently had.) Remember when Soldinger, Greg Mark and I think Kehoe were all fired in the 2000's? I think they all had side businesses even then. Mark had his school, Soldinger allegedly a real estate business with his wife, and I think Art was involved in some business ventures with Solly--allegedly. I think it was really Pete Garcia who reached in over Coker and started firing his staff.

I used to hear stories about Kehoe outside the stadium trying to scalp his away game ticket allotment before big away games. You don't see or hear about assistant coaches trying to make an extra few bucks,even a hundred or so, if the assistant is well paid.

If we're paying our assistants well, it might only be fairly recently.

Revenge is best served cold. Guess you can't win from hiring within.
I've often quoted Sam Jankovich for his bias against hiring assistants as first time head coaches.

I guess he never would've elevated Dabo and he certainly never would've hired Orgeron who had minimal head coaching experience. He would have rejected Orgeron because of all his baggage and just on image grounds, I'm sure.

The combination of Butch and Coker brought us one of the greatest teams in history and neither had previous head coaching experience.

So, maybe Sam would have passed on these two coaches in last night's game and Butch and Larry. Still, based on his own very bad experience before UM, he would have stayed with that policy.

The LSU of old....the one I remember from the late '50's and early '60's-- was pretty **** tough. They'd beat us down regularly.

I remember Paul Dietzel, Billy Cannon and the Chinese Bandits.

220px-Chinese_Bandits_in_Life_Magazine_1959.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
ha, lot of good takes in here. I had to read them all just to make sure I didn't have one and forget about it. Here is what I take from threads like this. 98% don't know the ****e. It's nice to opine on the future, and I guess that's what makes these boards fun. However sometimes maybe we should just enjoy the ride.

Coach O isn’t a good X’s & O’s guy. He’s a great recruiter tho. Let’s see what he does without a Heisman/#1 overall pick/5th yr senior @ QB and when Joe Brady leaves for the NFL.

Gene Chizik won a national championship with Auburn and got fired like 2 seasons later. Larry Coker as well.
I think he might be a good technical DL coach. Would like to see some other opinions on that, though.

Advertisement
those losers see this thread but won’t come admit they were wrong (per usual). They speak w such certainty, but they’re constantly wrong. They have a comment for every other post on the board except when it comes to owning up.

Advertisement

No, you got yourself. Its ok.
Terrible poster, so it makes sense.
those losers see this thread but won’t come admit they were wrong (per usual). They speak w such certainty, but they’re constantly wrong. They have a comment for every other post on the board except when it comes to owning up.

Some of these comments are hilarious. CIS “experts” at work in here. lol

I waited 10 months for this

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

You waited 10 months to brag about a team that lost TONS to the NFL (talent and coaching combined) from what was arguably the second greatest football team ever be fielded behind the Canes.

Make it make sense.

Advertisement
Back