$EC vs B1G

$EC vs B1G

• $EC

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • B1G

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
Weird people would want to start recruiting away from the south east…

Plus outside of vandy every matchup in the SEC with Miami next to it sounds great
You don't want to play Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, and Purdue every year?

Advertisement
Big teams don't take many away from us, but SEC sure does.

You all want to give more validity to the Big recruiting down here by joining that conference? You want area prospects families to have to travel all across America to see their kid play live? To have to fly over and past all the teams in the SEC?

The Big makes zero sense. Travel times are whack as ****.

The SEC doesn't make a lot of sense either but it sure as **** makes more sense than the Big. We recruit nationally, but traditionally not many recruits come from Big states.

Academically we may be a bigger Big fit, but recruits don't care about that.

Academic wise, & old rivalry wise (PSU, Nebraska, potentially ND), the B1G would make sense

Geographically & Regionally wise, The SEC makes sense.

Football culturally, imo, we fit more w/ the SEC b/c so many So FL kids flock to Bama, LSU, UGA & UF . I think going to the SEC helps w/ recruiting, as well. How many times have we heard kids choose a school & say “it’s The SEC, why not?” Also, having Vandy, UT, UGA, UF, along w/ us will be a solid academic group.

All in all, it’s a great position to be in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nope! Lol

Plus maybe I’m very biased since I live in Texas and I’d be able to catch many games on the road this way of the Mississippi
They're just better football games too. We've been in a top heavy, but mostly mediocre conference with great academics for the past 2 decades and look where it's gotten us. Plus there's a new pedophilia scandal involving a Big 10 school every other week. Pass.

Advertisement
Academic wise, & old rivalry wise (PSU, Nebraska, potentially ND), the B1G would make sense

Football culturally, imo, we fit more w/ the SEC b/c so many So FL kids flock to Bama, LSU, UGA & UF . I think going to the SEC helps w/ recruiting, as well. How many times have we heard kids choose a school & say “it’s The SEC, why not?” Also, having Vandy, UT, UGA, UF, along w/ us will be a solid academic group.

On point, dawg. Some act like it's an easy decision. If one tries to be objective, both leagues have pros and cons to offer Miami. And I think the money is close enough so that it becomes a non-factor. Overall, it's a great position in which to be. It's like having two great job offers with virtually the similar compensation package, and similar perks.

I'd rather restore our rivalry with Florida more than anything the Big 10 could offer us, including ND.

Advertisement
Anyone saying B1G over SEC is a moron and just not thinking with logic, bottom line! Some of these reasons I’m reading like better culture fit, regional southern conference, kkk bullsh@t. All the same stereotypical nonsense. You guys are just as bad or worse than the assumed 95% of southern people you say are racists. You do realize Bama and Georgia recruit nationally. They get good players from all over the country. You guys want to play Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern in the d@mn snow. B1G has their favorites too. You don’t think Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, or ND (when they join) will get better treatment over us. In addition, have you clowns thought about the other sports at all. Like Baseball and Basketball. Can you imagine B1G baseball and also traveling for all the other title IX sports. Not to mention you put us in the B1G your only hurting recruiting by taking us away from our base which is primarily south. This is another thread about this subject with the same idiotic takes. Sure glad we don’t have members of CIS making the decision.

How does being in the B1G hurt recruiting by playing in the north but being in the Big East didn't?

Also Ohio State sure has a tough time recruiting Florida while playing a B1G schedule.

You guys act like we'd be playing the most northern B1G teams every year. Scheduling won't work like that with a 20 or 24 team conference. Miami would be in a pod with whoever else the league takes (let's say Clemson, UNC, Virginia), maybe a Rutgers, then play the other pods rotating every 4-6 years. A trip to Madison every 10 years (home/away) ain't bad, and you get a trip to USC thrown in there as well.

Advertisement
How does being in the B1G hurt recruiting by playing in the north but being in the Big East didn't?

Also Ohio State sure has a tough time recruiting Florida while playing a B1G schedule.

You guys act like we'd be playing the most northern B1G teams every year. Scheduling won't work like that with a 20 or 24 team conference. Miami would be in a pod with whoever else the league takes (let's say Clemson, UNC, Virginia), maybe a Rutgers, then play the other pods rotating every 4-6 years. A trip to Madison every 10 years (home/away) ain't bad, and you get a trip to USC thrown in there as well.

Recruiting is different from the time we were in the Big East. In addition, SEC wasn’t the conference they’ve turned into. Ohio St gets a few kids sure, but they’re team consist of players from predominantly up north. Families want to travel to games to see their sons and daughters play. You’re going further away from the base by joining the B1G. As I said thank goodness CIS isn’t making the decision. Hopefully our insiders are on the money and we’re SEC bound.

It appears there will be two major conferences. Both loading up. They will be largely equal. Some are spinning a bit trying to make it seem one will be much better than the other.

The honest one was the I’m in Texas and will get to go to more games… vs trying to make it seem like Purdue is a lesser game than Kentucky or South Carolina or Missouri…

It’ll be the new super B1G, so y’all really don’t know how kids will view it….if the football is viewed as equal, maybe parents will start valuing the academics…

We don’t know yet, but Miami will be fine in either if we keep spending and stay committed.

Recruiting is different from the time we were in the Big East. In addition, SEC wasn’t the conference they’ve turned into. Ohio St gets a few kids sure, but they’re team consist of players from predominantly up north. Families want to travel to games to see their sons and daughters play. You’re going further away from the base by joining the B1G. As I said thank goodness CIS isn’t making the decision. Hopefully our insiders are on the money and we’re SEC bound.
There is an argument for B1G so calling us idiots is uncalled for. My main argument for B1G is we’ll be one of the featured marquee programs immediately.

In the $EC we’d be just one of the 80% of teams that believe we should be competing for championships.

There may be more pros than cons for the $EC but don’t make it seem like there are no benefits to the B1G where you can’t even have a discussion.

I hope the admin does not have such narrow thinking as you and they really look at both and make the best long term decision for UM.

We've done this already. But I want to remind you all that if you think the ACC hates us, the SEC would up the ante on the bias. We would always have the deck stacked against us. They'd raid SFla worse than now.
I think the only reason the Big would want us would be inroads to SFL recruiting..

Advertisement
Back