$EC vs B1G

• $EC

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • B1G

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters

Port Knox

Hollywood Cole
Which conference intrigues you more? I can see arguments either way. Whether playing some old nemeses in the B1G like Ohio State, Nebraska, and some revenge on Wisky. OR showing these $EC haters that we belong in the conversation?

@theibisrules
🤣

Advertisement
B10 can be national in scope by expanding further. They’re in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, MidWest, and soon to be the West Coast. Add Miami plus UNC, and you have the makings of a conference with coast to coast TV markets. That should be even more attractive to CBS, FOX, and NBC.

Meanwhile, SEC is the South and Texas basically. The geography delivers little interest to other parts of the country in my opinion. Plus, being locked in with one network could ultimately back fire.

Didn't we do this already?

Paramount Network Kelly GIF by Yellowstone

Last edited:
Advertisement
B10 can be national in scope by expanding further. They’re in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, MidWest, and soon to be the West Coast. Add Miami plus UNC, and you have the makings of a conference with coast to coast TV markets. That should be even more attractive to CBS, FOX, and NBC.

Meanwhile, SEC is the South and Texas basically. The geography delivers little interest to other parts of the country in my opinion. Plus, being locked in with one network could ultimately back fire.
SEC wants to remain geographically SE. b10 fits us more w their national market as you said. we aren't a southern team. were more NE than we are down south

The Big 10 is already coast to coast; it goes from LA through New York (via Rutgers). I think it wants to control that strip and the rest is cherry picking. So, obviously the school that shall not be named is in there (which might require Stanford as well), then they'd branch out to Texas (they don't want the south, but they want that brand), after those it is all about AAU fit and viewership population. I suspect they'd want UNC over Miami.

Advertisement
BIG intrigues me more but part of the reason is because the SEC just seems like the better fit. With the BIG it would be more interesting as we don’t mesh as well but they appear to be working on a bigger national footprint. It would also be better for the academic standing angle as well.

SEC wants to remain geographically SE. b10 fits us more w their national market as you said. we aren't a southern team. were more NE than we are down south

Dumb. Not only is Miami in the Southeast, it would be the MOST southern and MOST southeast of any team in the SEC.

Miami isn’t close to being north. It’s the southern tip of Florida. It has a tropical climate.

Honestly, just put Miami in google maps.

Advertisement
The $EC has been targeting us, with help from the Ncaa. Truthfully, we aren't a fit in the SEC.

We are a national brand, not a southern one. I'd love to see us expand past the coastal and southern markets and fully embrace our national appeal. With the addition of USC, we could start a rivalry that draws national attention.

I hate that idea of a sitting at a table with people who, you know, don't want you to succeed.

The $EC has been targeting us, with help from the Ncaa. Truthfully, we aren't a fit in the SEC.

We are a national brand, not a southern one. I'd love to see us expand past the coastal and southern markets and fully embrace our national appeal. With the addition of USC, we could start a rivalry that draws national attention.

I hate that idea of a sitting at a table with people who, you know, don't want you to succeed.
Agreed. If the money was equal I’d prefer us there than the $EC.

We’d be one of the marquee teams in the conference.

In the $EC the golden child is Bama with UGA trying to get some looks.

There are too many teams in the $EC that believe they should be one of the top teams.

At least two teams every year will have disappointing seasons because of the amount of quality teams.

Advertisement

Agree. We are a better “fit” with the B10, notwithstanding the weather and travel concerns. The most recent smoke from insiders is that we are SEC bound. While this news is unfortunate, it’s still preferred over remaining in the ACC.

Ultimately, relationships and $$ will drive the final decision and I have faith in Rad to make the right call.

Dumb. Not only is Miami in the Southeast, it would be the MOST southern and MOST southeast of any team in the SEC.

Miami isn’t close to being north. It’s the southern tip of Florida. It has a tropical climate.

Honestly, just put Miami in google maps.
He is talking culture and academics not pure geography. Come on. Miami is not a "southern" town at all. "Southern" towns have most restaurants serving Ice Tea (sweet or un sweetened?), collard greens and grits with every meal.

The bigger issue is not where UM / fans FEEL that we fit and what WE LIKE. The big issue is MEDIA $$$ AND CONTROL. Right now the one WITH UM under contract is ESPN and it might be in their interest to move UM from the ACC to their other network ... the SECN ... in the media battle with the Big 10. No way ESPN lets UM / Clemson / FSU bail for the BIG.

Advertisement
Back