Eat Crow thread about Skinner

Advertisement
Can I make a suggestion that might, ultimately, prove to be more productive?

Could we PLEASE have all the pessimistic "I've been hurt before" mopey mo-fos...promise to stop mentioning every old Miami joke and insult, and try not to crap all over the people who have some optimistic rumors to share?

I'm tired of hearing about every old "Jon Gruden to Miami" story, or how a recruit wearing Miami slippers really doesn't mean anything. Or how Miami is a cheap mom-and-pop operation. Or "Watch The Finish" references.

It's a new day. We have games to win and rings to earn before we are "back", but we also have a grinding hard-working mo-fo as our head coach, and an Athletic Director who could ALSO tell you how Sam Jankovich did things.

It's time to stop dragging every "Old Miami" trope out just because of emotions. Nobody is asking anyone to proffer afternoon BJs to Mario, but maybe we can be patient and allow the games to be played without trying to be the first porster to predict a 7-5 regular season.
So true.
At some point we have to accept that a seismic shift has occurred and the very reasons why so many doubted UM, even the fans; bad coaching, bad facilities, lack of funds, lack of commitment to football, S Fla handlers, etc…simply do not apply anymore.

We will still lose recruiting battles and lose games. But it won’t be for the above reasons that have been dragged out for the past 20 years.

Miami is back in the game again with the biggest and best.

Everyone who made a considerate or snarky comment about how we had no chance to get Skinner needs to sign on this thread. And I will be the first. I thought the Bama pull and dad’s comments made it too much even for Mario.
I was wrong

If you can’t publicly admit you were wrong then you are dead to us on CIS.
Tbh the amount of threads that we could have throughout the years about recruits that people on here with no information said weren't coming and were wrong would be endless. Fact is we got a stud and I'll bet this won't be the last eat crow thread that'll be posted within the next 30 days

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s understandable that people wouldn’t believe it. No Coach is perfect and ours has flaws too. Most of us know this but ****, on the recruiting side - he’s no joke the best we’ve had since Butch It’s a new day and better days are with us.

Where’s the junta guy when you need him

arrested stone cold GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Everyone who made a considerate or snarky comment about how we had no chance to get Skinner needs to sign on this thread. And I will be the first. I thought the Bama pull and dad’s comments made it too much even for Mario.
I was wrong

If you can’t publicly admit you were wrong then you are dead to us on CIS.
You and the rest are all forgiven my son. Battered and bruised from all the recruiting failures in the last 20 years it is understood.

Advertisement
Im here to eat, do I get to pick how it's cooked? I didn't see this coming don't know what I said but I'm sure my dumb a$$ didn't think this was hannenin.

Never posted anything about him but I definitely thought he was sticking with Bama. Love how Mario is closing

Advertisement
Back