Eat Crow thread about Skinner

Advertisement
I already admitted to being wrong in another thread.

We haven’t won a battle like that in a LONG time
Only one I can think of that’s ever happened was Gurv. Who knows what might have happened with his career had he had real coaching. Kid was a brutal headhunter coming out of high school.

grace jones pee wees christmas special GIF

Can I make a suggestion that might, ultimately, prove to be more productive?

Could we PLEASE have all the pessimistic "I've been hurt before" mopey mo-fos...promise to stop mentioning every old Miami joke and insult, and try not to crap all over the people who have some optimistic rumors to share?

I'm tired of hearing about every old "Jon Gruden to Miami" story, or how a recruit wearing Miami slippers really doesn't mean anything. Or how Miami is a cheap mom-and-pop operation. Or "Watch The Finish" references.

It's a new day. We have games to win and rings to earn before we are "back", but we also have a grinding hard-working mo-fo as our head coach, and an Athletic Director who could ALSO tell you how Sam Jankovich did things.

It's time to stop dragging every "Old Miami" trope out just because of emotions. Nobody is asking anyone to proffer afternoon BJs to Mario, but maybe we can be patient and allow the games to be played without trying to be the first porster to predict a 7-5 regular season.
Yeah but it’s a step in the right direction we have never seen. We always have excitement and it always fizzles. Mario will have a lot to prove to get this team out of the doldrums of mediocrity but man it’s a good start seeing “Miami flips a player from Alabama”.

So skinner was a Bama 5* but now his a Canes 4*???
he's been ranked the same on 247 & 247composite (94 overall) since october. the 5* or 4* is just conjecture from recruiting "reporters" within their interviews & podcasts.

Advertisement
I think it's tape compares more to Herndon than Njoku coming out. He's a strider and Njoku was more of an explosive athlete. Herndon always looked like a big WR. Either way works for me.

Only one I can think of that’s ever happened was Gurv. Who knows what might have happened with his career had he had real coaching. Kid was a brutal headhunter coming out of high school.
Even that was a bit different. Gurv was a south Florida guy that never committed to Bama.

We haven’t beaten Bama for a non south Florida kid they really wanted on signing day that I can recall

Advertisement
This board needs a negative *****. WTF cares if someone thought this kid was going to Alabama. For 17 years we have sucked complete ***. We never won these battles, now there is a massive sea change. Let’s embrace it and throw a @Liberty City El M’Fn PARADE.

Not here to eat crow, but it is great to be on the positive side of a recruiting lie (Skinner’s dad calling the OV a courtesy visit)

Advertisement
I had no comment on his recruitment, so no bird for.me this time ☹

Everyone who made a considerate or snarky comment about how we had no chance to get Skinner needs to sign on this thread. And I will be the first. I thought the Bama pull and dad’s comments made it too much even for Mario.
I was wrong

If you can’t publicly admit you were wrong then you are dead to us on CIS.

I wasn’t snarky but everything I read/heard said Bama so I’m glad it was all wrong and wants a nice statement by Mario at a position we are really thin at! Let’s go get Coleman and Miss along with some transfers

Even that was a bit different. Gurv was a south Florida guy that never committed to Bama.

We haven’t beaten Bama for a non south Florida kid they really wanted on signing day that I can recall
Funny how everyone talks about Butch Butch Butch. Butch, pink and everyone back to Schelly never had to deal with modern day recruiting since Sabag and the rest started raiding south Florida. Kind of my point. We haven’t had a win since Vietnam against the big boys.

Advertisement

Could we PLEASE have all the pessimistic "I've been hurt before" mopey mo-fos...promise to stop mentioning every old Miami joke and insult, and try not to crap all over the people who have some optimistic rumors to share?

I'm tired of hearing about every old "Jon Gruden to Miami" story, or how a recruit wearing Miami slippers really doesn't mean anything. Or how Miami is a cheap mom-and-pop operation. Or "Watch The Finish" references.

It's a new day. We have games to win and rings to earn before we are "back", but we also have a grinding hard-working mo-fo as our head coach, and an Athletic Director who could ALSO tell you how Sam Jankovich did things.

It's time to stop dragging every "Old Miami" trope out just because of emotions. Nobody is asking anyone to proffer afternoon BJs to Mario, but maybe we can be patient and allow the games to be played without trying to be the first porster to predict a 7-5 regular season.
Well,...this is a fvcj3d up request,..what do we talk about now??

Die hard pessimist checking in...admitting I'd thought we'd be right here still riding Manny to the Sun Bowl.

So right back in to the offseason champs routine, got it.

Advertisement
Back