Easy solution

wouldnt it be much easier to just play the FSU game 10/6 instead of 10/7?

you're already moving this game... why make it so you have to move two?

Advertisement
wouldnt it be much easier to just play the FSU game 10/6 instead of 10/7?

you're already moving this game... why make it so you have to move two?

The Criminoles would probably scream unfair advantage since we play Duke the Friday before and they play Saturday, so we'd have an extra day to prepare

If rescheduling the UM vs FSU game to 10/07 was contingent upon moving the UM vs GT game I'd wager the game could be moved. Do you really think the ACC and ESPN/ABC would chance not having a UM vs FSU game at all? How much TV revenue would be lost by not having UM vs FSU on prime time? UM vs FSU is the premiere rivalry in the conference.

But is it contingent? UM should be making that case, but I doubt they are.

ABC and ESPN are under common ownership. This should not be difficult at all.

The ACC gets X money for providing Y content, simple as that.

I'm not sure if ESPN could move something else to fill the Thursday slot (at least on the ACC slate), but I would bet that some C-USA game would love to slide into Thursday primetime.

Could it be done? Yes.

Will it be done? Highly doubtful.

Why would they go through all that trouble when they could easily just tell Miami, "GT game stays put on Thursday, and you're playing FSU on 10/7."

Would be impressive if they can pull it off, but you can call me a cynic because I don't see it happening.

Look, let's break this down in the simplest possible terms.

Very few ticket-holders would have a problem switching from Thursday to Saturday. Period. End of story.

If ABC/ESPN still want UM-F$U played at a later date, they can suck it up and move UM-GaTech to a Saturday.

But people keep inventing "competitive" reasons why GaTech or someone else would object.

Just relax. Whatever will be will be. Internet chat isn't going to change this one.

Saturday, October 14 games of import (Top 25 at this time):

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Texas A&M at Florida (will Florida even be ranked by then?)
Mizzou at Georgia
South Carolina at Tennessee
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Washington at Arizona State (the good ASU)
Auburn at LSU (solid, both teams ranked)
Utah at USC (the good USC)
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Only one of those games features 2 ranked teams, the rest are just about the same as UM-GaTech, quality-wise. So you move UM-GaTech to Saturday, big deal.

Thursday night? Move Texas State vs. Louisiana from ESPNU to the big channel. Let the little guys feast on the ratings. Have lots of "personal interest" video packages filmed and ready to air during the game that feature hurricane recovery after Harvey (TEXAS State), Katrina (LOUISIANA) and Irma (possibly the entire east coast).

Post a 1-800 number for the entire game for people to donate money to hurricane relief.

Win-win-win.

Last edited:
If rescheduling the UM vs FSU game to 10/07 was contingent upon moving the UM vs GT game I'd wager the game could be moved. Do you really think the ACC and ESPN/ABC would chance not having a UM vs FSU game at all? How much TV revenue would be lost by not having UM vs FSU on prime time? UM vs FSU is the premiere rivalry in the conference.

I'm not sure if ESPN could move something else to fill the Thursday slot (at least on the ACC slate), but I would bet that some C-USA game would love to slide into Thursday primetime.

Could it be done? Yes.

Why would they go through all that trouble when they could easily just tell Miami, "GT game stays put on Thursday, and you're playing FSU on 10/7."

Would be impressive if they can pull it off, but you can call me a cynic because I don't see it happening.

Very few ticket-holders would have a problem switching from Thursday to Saturday. Period. End of story.

If ABC/ESPN still want UM-F$U played at a later date, they can suck it up and move UM-GaTech to a Saturday.

But people keep inventing "competitive" reasons why GaTech or someone else would object.

Just relax. Whatever will be will be. Internet chat isn't going to change this one.

For it to happen, the ACC would have to go to bat for us. They're responsible for scheduling, and for the TV contracts.

This will be interesting for me to watch because how they handle this will show how much they love Miami vs if they just decide to ***** us.

Either way, I'm very glad that Miami is trying to get the FSU game rescheduled. They're doing the right thing.

Yea, because GT would want to help us out so we can win the coastal instead of them...

You people are idiots....

I think Tech would work with you.

The problem will be the mouse (ESPN).

Hopefully there would be a ton of public pressure on them in this scenario. They move stuff all the time when it suits them. For instance that Tennessee-Georgia tech game was supposed to be played in the Alabama slot last weekend. But when the bigger game came to the fore they kicked the Tennessee game to Monday.

Advertisement
I assume the team and program is discussing this but here is the best solution IMO

Use our bye week before toledo(I know thats dumb but best solution due to the situation)

Play FSU 10/7

Move Georgia tech game to 10/13 this won't affect them at all they have a bye before us so they can play Saturday instead of Thursday

Sure we won't have a bye vs georgia tech but do we really need one?

Mark richt plays them every year and almost always beats them

Our players have almost all played against a triple option so we are experienced

We have WAY more talent then them

This is the best solution to our problems with scheduling.

As of right now **** football. Ik that Pete and others on this board are staying in south florida so stay well protected and be safe!

My prayers go out to the players families and everyone harmed from the storm. Good luck all!

I think this is all incredibly insensitive. Not even for a second considering that some of us 30 something alumni convinced our wives several months to be able to make this roadtrip, shelled out hundreds of dollars, just so we could get away from our wives and kids for 2 **** days to get **** faced like we did in the good ole' days and forget about our problems for a while. Do you have any idea how important that is? You know what can't be rescheduled from October 7th? A 5 year old's friggin' birthday party that missing would forever making you a terrible father...

I hate this **** hurricane...

I assume the team and program is discussing this but here is the best solution IMO

Use our bye week before toledo(I know thats dumb but best solution due to the situation)

Play FSU 10/7

Move Georgia tech game to 10/13 this won't affect them at all they have a bye before us so they can play Saturday instead of Thursday

Our players have almost all played against a triple option so we are experienced

As of right now **** football. Ik that Pete and others on this board are staying in south florida so stay well protected and be safe!

My prayers go out to the players families and everyone harmed from the storm. Good luck all!

Moving the GT game would require the cooperation of GT and television, both of which will likely take the position that this is our problem, not theirs.

ACC could get involved as well which may help us. As far as the TV part they are extremely accommodating. They basically told us for the Ark St they televise the game whatever it was played no questions asked.

If the Hurricane does major damage sympathy would be on our side as well.

Could it be done? Yes.

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Mizzou at Georgia
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Only one of those games features 2 ranked teams, the rest are just about the same as UM-GaTech, quality-wise. So you move UM-GaTech to Saturday, big deal.

Thursday night? Move Texas State vs. Louisiana from ESPNU to the big channel. Let the little guys feast on the ratings. Have lots of "personal interest" video packages filmed and ready to air during the game that feature hurricane recovery after Harvey (TEXAS State), Katrina (LOUISIANA) and Irma (possibly the entire east coast).

Post a 1-800 number for the entire game for people to donate money to hurricane relief.

Win-win-win.

I live in Texas, and I've never even heard of Texas State. People aren't going to watch that game. And people aren't going to tune in for a sappy 1-800 "help me"-thon about hurricane victims.

Sucks, but it's true. So ESPN won't be happy about losing the Thursday night ratings, I imagine.

But we'll see what happens. Maybe they can be pressured in to it somehow.

Could it be done? Yes.

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Mizzou at Georgia
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Win-win-win.

I live in Texas, and I've never even heard of Texas State. People aren't going to watch that game. And people aren't going to tune in for a sappy 1-800 "help me"-thon about hurricane victims.

Sucks, but it's true. So ESPN won't be happy about losing the Thursday night ratings, I imagine.

Do you have to **** in every bowl of Cheerios that you see?

I don't give a **** if you've "never even heard of Texas State". Lots of sports fans watch whatever is on TV on a Thursday night. Or Friday night. Or Monday night.

You turn the **** game into a telethon. An event. A reason for grown men to shed tears. You've got a month to hype the "Hurricane Bowl", and you're acting like sports-fan men are going to be watching Grey's Anatomy instead.

Give me a break.

Advertisement

Could it be done? Yes.

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Mizzou at Georgia
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Win-win-win.

I don't give a **** if you've "never even heard of Texas State". Lots of sports fans watch whatever is on TV on a Thursday night. Or Friday night. Or Monday night.

You turn the **** game into a telethon. An event. A reason for grown men to shed tears. You've got a month to hype the "Hurricane Bowl", and you're acting like sports-fan men are going to be watching Grey's Anatomy instead.

Give me a break.

Your watching TV with a bunch of people, and a commercial comes on. You know the one.... the one about "for just 75 cents a day, less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can save a child. A child like Fred here. You can make a difference."

christian-childrens-fund-guy-1.jpg

Out loud, everyone's like "oh how sad." But what everyone is really thinking is "when the **** is this crap going to be over so I can watch my show."

Maybe I'm just ****ing in the cheerios like you say, but I don't think trying to get grown men to shed tears is
winning television.

Last edited:
Could it be done? Yes.

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Mizzou at Georgia
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Win-win-win.

Give me a break.

Your watching TV with a bunch of people, and a commercial comes on. You know the one.... the one about "for just 75 cents a day, less than the price of a cup of coffee, you can save a child. A child like Fred here. You can make a difference."

View attachment 49862

Out loud, everyone's like "oh how sad." But what everyone is really thinking is "when the **** is this crap going to be over so I can watch my show."

Maybe I'm just ****ing in the cheerios like you say, but I don't think trying to get grown men to shed tears is
winning television.

"Feeding starving kids" has been on TV forever. You might as well have posted the Sarah Mclachlan ad for abused dogs.

The point is so simple, and you are making it so difficult. You put "hurricane" stories into the bumpers as you go into and out of commercial breaks. Maybe you don't even have commercial breaks, you donate the lost revenue to your own fund-raiser.

Just think outside the box. Be creative. ABC-ESPN could easily find an angle that makes them look heroic.

Oregon at Stanford
Arkansas at Alabama
Mizzou at Georgia
BC at Louisville
F$U at Duke
Baylor at Oklahoma State
Ohio State at Nebraska

Win-win-win.

Give me a break.

winning television.

"Feeding starving kids" has been on TV forever. You might as well have posted the Sarah Mclachlan ad for abused dogs.

The point is so simple, and you are making it so difficult. You put "hurricane" stories into the bumpers as you go into and out of commercial breaks. Maybe you don't even have commercial breaks, you donate the lost revenue to your own fund-raiser.

Just think outside the box. Be creative. ABC-ESPN could easily find an angle that makes them look heroic.

Maybe it will make them look heroic, but will it make them money?

Play FSU 10/7

Moving the GT game would require the cooperation of GT and television, both of which will likely take the position that this is our problem, not theirs.

It's unfortunate that you're our problem and not their's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back