Easy solution

LoyalCane24

Junior
I assume the team and program is discussing this but here is the best solution IMO

Use our bye week before toledo(I know thats dumb but best solution due to the situation)

Play FSU 10/7

Move Georgia tech game to 10/13 this won't affect them at all they have a bye before us so they can play Saturday instead of Thursday

Sure we won't have a bye vs georgia tech but do we really need one?

Mark richt plays them every year and almost always beats them

Our players have almost all played against a triple option so we are experienced

We have WAY more talent then them

This is the best solution to our problems with scheduling.

As of right now **** football. Ik that Pete and others on this board are staying in south florida so stay well protected and be safe!

My prayers go out to the players families and everyone harmed from the storm. Good luck all!

Advertisement
I assume the team and program is discussing this but here is the best solution IMO

Use our bye week before toledo(I know thats dumb but best solution due to the situation)

Play FSU 10/7

Move Georgia tech game to 10/13 this won't affect them at all they have a bye before us so they can play Saturday instead of Thursday

Our players have almost all played against a triple option so we are experienced

As of right now **** football. Ik that Pete and others on this board are staying in south florida so stay well protected and be safe!

My prayers go out to the players families and everyone harmed from the storm. Good luck all!

Moving the GT game would require the cooperation of GT and television, both of which will likely take the position that this is our problem, not theirs.

Play FSU 10/7

Moving the GT game would require the cooperation of GT and television, both of which will likely take the position that this is our problem, not theirs.

They have a bye before them we wouldn't they have the advantage I think we can come to an agreement with GT

GT is run by really smart/good people. If we pushed for it, I'm certain they would accommodate.

FSU on the other hand...

Advertisement
Yea, because GT would want to help us out so we can win the coastal instead of them...

You people are idiots....

Play FSU 10/7

Why would Georgia Tech, the ACC, and ESPN all agree to move the game? That would entail a lot of work for those guys to move and reschedule the event. A lot of people have already bought tickets, so they would need to be refunded. And do you think ESPN is going to give up a Thursday evening game without rescheduling something in its slot?

The world doesn't revolve around Miami. I don't think your idea will fly.

Good stuff, [MENTION=16876]LoyalCane24[/MENTION].

Thought-based proposal for our unique situation.

Advertisement

Play FSU 10/7

Why would Georgia Tech, the ACC, and ESPN all agree to move the game? That would entail a lot of work for those guys to move and reschedule the event. A lot of people have already bought tickets, so they would need to be refunded. And do you think ESPN is going to give up a Thursday evening game without rescheduling something in its slot?

Tickets should still be valid for a reschedule. Only cancellations require refunds.

Play FSU 10/7

Tickets should still be valid for a reschedule. Only cancellations require refunds.

Not gonna happen. So Georgia Tech is gonna tell all its fans who paid for flights and hotels down to Miami "Sorry, no refunds. We have to be nice to Miami."

No way. There is zero chance of this happening. I'd like it to happen.... but zero chance.

Play FSU 10/7

Why does anyone want to move any game?

Yet it is happening.

If rescheduling the UM vs FSU game to 10/07 was contingent upon moving the UM vs GT game I'd wager the game could be moved. Do you really think the ACC and ESPN/ABC would chance not having a UM vs FSU game at all? How much TV revenue would be lost by not having UM vs FSU on prime time? UM vs FSU is the premiere rivalry in the conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Play FSU 10/7

Why does anyone want to move any game?

Yet it is happening.

Would be nice. I doubt it, though.

If rescheduling the UM vs FSU game to 10/07 was contingent upon moving the UM vs GT game I'd wager the game could be moved. Do you really think the ACC and ESPN/ABC would chance not having a UM vs FSU game at all? How much TV revenue would be lost by not having UM vs FSU on prime time? UM vs FSU is the premiere rivalry in the conference.

But is it contingent? UM should be making that case, but I doubt they are.

ABC and ESPN are under common ownership. This should not be difficult at all.

The ACC gets X money for providing Y content, simple as that.

I'm not sure if ESPN could move something else to fill the Thursday slot (at least on the ACC slate), but I would bet that some C-USA game would love to slide into Thursday primetime.

Advertisement

I'm just brokering the idea. I would make the case if I were AD, but I'm not.

I'm just brokering the idea. I would make the case if I were AD, but I'm not.

You're right. And it's a good idea.

Play FSU 10/7

Not gonna happen. So Georgia Tech is gonna tell all its fans who paid for flights and hotels down to Miami "Sorry, no refunds. We have to be nice to Miami."

No way. There is zero chance of this happening. I'd like it to happen.... but zero chance.

I'm talking about game tickets, most of us don't have to worry about flights and hotels but I'm sure they will work with them, there's plenty of notice.

ABC and ESPN are under common ownership. This should not be difficult at all.

The ACC gets X money for providing Y content, simple as that.

I'm not sure if ESPN could move something else to fill the Thursday slot (at least on the ACC slate), but I would bet that some C-USA game would love to slide into Thursday primetime.

Could it be done? Yes.

Will it be done? Highly doubtful.

Why would they go through all that trouble when they could easily just tell Miami, "GT game stays put on Thursday, and you're playing FSU on 10/7."

Would be impressive if they can pull it off, but you can call me a cynic because I don't see it happening.

Advertisement
Back