Early thoughts on the Edouard commitment

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
-When D$ showed me this kid's sophomore highlights back in about September, I thought he was a very good looking athlete, but had a long ways to go. When I saw his junior highlights, I loved them and saw a lot of progression and it's obvious that he is still coming into his own and growing as a QB. He will probably be similar to Stephen Morris as a recruit in the terms of he may not be a huge "national" name, but there is world of potential there and I really like that.

-This is a significant pick-up in terms of the overall 2014 class. Getting him to commit early is huge because he will be a huge recruiter amongst the kids in South Florida. I know he is well-respected down here.

-This also signifies a difference in philosophies between James Coley and Jedd Fisch. It's obvious Fisch preferred the prototype pocket-passer with solid mechanics and I don't think he would have recruited Edouard based off his potential. Coley is a coach who likes those big, athletic QBs that he can mold. Looking back at his Florida state days, Jacob Coker was an under-the-radar guy who now has a good chance to start next year. He's a big, strong armed, athletic guy and Jameis Winston is another athletic type QB.

-I saw Edouard walking around the other day at the SFE tryouts and he has a great frame with long arms and I can see him growing another inch or two.

Overall, love this get.

Advertisement
190.jpg

Dennis Marroquin ‏@coachmarroquin
Congrats to QB Alin Edouard has been offered by #Penn State #HIALEAH #FIRE

Maybe one of the best endorsements you could have in college football today. Kid's got a ****load of potential and people recognize it. Too bad he's a cane now :cigar:

Advertisement
Dennis Marroquin ‏@coachmarroquin
Congrats to QB Alin Edouard has been offered by #Penn State #HIALEAH #FIRE

Maybe one of the best endorsements you could have in college football today. Kid's got a ****load of potential and people recognize it. Too bad he's a cane now :cigar:

Well, there goes the national name part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hi guys, something came to mind and I hadn't seen it mentioned- what affect, if any, does this have on Olsen?

Advertisement
Pete,

Any news in reference to Winky? Was he at JR day or SFE?

Looks like we're offering QBs left and right but nothing with Winky. IMO we need to offer and take this kid by any means necessary. He's a special mix of athlete+competitor and Miami kid through n' through.

Hi guys, something came to mind and I hadn't seen it mentioned- what affect, if any, does this have on Olsen?

What affect would it have on him, he is already signed and ready to go. Why would he worry about another kid in another class? I am sure he understands we need to continue to recruit top players at every position to be an effective program, only leisure Larry didnt believe in recruiting qbs to appease another

Advertisement
Back