Early thoughts on Gattis?

Where do you stand?

• I'm satisfied with his scheme and play-calling and approve of his job performance.

• Sample size is too small, I'll reserve judgement until we play some quality opponents.

• I wish we had hired someone else.

Results are only viewable after voting.

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
Still early obviously, but I'm curious how everyone feels about the changes we've seen in our offense thus far.

Advertisement
Lashlee's pass offense + a few wrinkles/new plays combined with Gattis's run offense. Thats literally a winning blueprint right there.

Unfortunately even really smart multi millionaires are super stubborn to see the obvious and copy someone else VS use their own blueprint (or in this case overly complex schemes and playbook)

Absolutely not giving up on Gattis, we need to see him vs. a P5 opponent (A&M next week, he better bring out all new formations/plays/etc.) but cmon. This doesn't need to be complicated.

Advertisement
Lashlee's pass offense + a few wrinkles/new plays combined with Gattis's run offense. Thats literally a winning blueprint right there.

Unfortunately even really smart multi millionaires are super stubborn to see the obvious and copy someone else VS use their own blueprint (or in this case overly complex schemes and playbook)

Absolutely not giving up on Gattis, we need to see him vs. a P5 opponent (A&M next week, he better bring out all new formations/plays/etc.) but cmon. This doesn't need to be complicated.
Agree completely.

Advertisement
mediocre-mad-max.gif

Advertisement
I will say this I like Gattis presnap movements. Think they work great in the run game. I haven’t really see it work for the pass game, which I would like. I also would like him to spread out some more. Though I think the OL is better than last year if we play a good DL we will probably get demolished. Don’t have the horses quite yet to impose out will on the top teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back