Early Class Predictions (For the fun of it)

Advertisement
Didnt put this in here earlier but wanted to mention it. A fast riser as of recently and just got offered by Miami this morning. Kye Stokes out of Armwood. Was talking about him with @Stefan Adams recently. Would keep an eye on him as multiple top programs are throwing their hat in the ring.

Advertisement
Ok I gotta bring it up since I’ve seen no one address it WHO IS OUR PUNTER NEXT YEAR. Is Hedley seriously gonna give us another year csz I haven’t seen or heard anything on the that and zero about us recruiting one

I think the PWO Fred Potter is penciled in there. I don't know much about him.

A note before I put this here. This is on a good consensus of where certain prospects are on the board and likelihood. Notes I’ve taken and things I’ve heard around. Some of this can change between now and the winter but this is my prediction if I looked ahead. Not to be taken as an end all be all for the final outlook of the class. Would like to take a look back on this after the summer is over, it will be a busy but very successful time on the trail for Miami.

QB:
Jacurri Brown (GA)

RB:
-Pass-

WR:
Isaiah Bond (GA)
Jayden Gibson
Quan Lee

TE:
Anthony Jones (NV)

OL:
Julian Armella
Daughtry Richardson
Cameron Williams (TX)
Leyton Nelson

DE:
Nyjalik Kelly
Shemar Stewart
Dante Anderson

DT:
Daniel Lyons
Alton Tarber IV

LB:
Wesley Bissainthe
DeMario Tolan
Omar Graham Jr.

DB:
Khamauri Rogers (MS)
Jacolby Spells
Chris Graves
Jordan Allen (LA)
Nick Cull (GA)

*22 total, we have 24 slots for this class right now. Manny does not mind to pull from this class, so he can get a guy in the portal on the team right now. Regardless of what the NCAA does with the IC’s just for keeping it more simple. Let’s say status quo for now.

*Shemar Stewart is this years pick for me as surprise signee in the class. May be wrong, may be right but he is my choice. We had a few last year actually. Recruit, recruit, recruit and there is games to be played.

*Allen and Cull are underrated right now. Especially Cull.

*If Nyjalik Kelly is not a consensus top 30 recruit by the end of the cycle. I will be surprised, he’s every bit as good as Stewart and Jones.

*Believe this will be the year they get their top targets at LB like 2019. Bissainthe is the best LB they will nab in a long time. He is a top 100 guy but I’m surprised he’s not ranked higher... yet.

*Chris Graves is going to continue rising this year. 6’2” corner and trust me, he’s a certified dog. Pipeline being built at Bishop Verot, shoutout to Malik Curtis.

*Get the feeling Isaiah Bond will shape up to a Miami and Alabama battle. Bama wants him at DB, Miami wants him at receiver and I believe that will be the difference as he wants to play offense.

*The one I was close to not putting was Julian Armella. I was much more confident about him a while back compared to now, nature of the game in recruiting. Despite dad being a former FSU player, don’t think Julian goes there. If it’s staying at home, my bet is Miami.

*Have to give some credit due on early evals by the staff. Guys like Bond, Gibson, Jones, Kelly, Tolan and Graves were flying a bit under the radar until recently the last few months nationally. Kudos to staff getting on them before they blew up. I’m sure some of it had to do with lack of camps last year and shortened seasons, but the staff does deserve credit for doing their homework

Early predictions on some other big names:

Kenyatta Jackson - OSU (This one I could see as a potential change if Miami gets him on campus this summer. Could see us up there but I don’t feel confident enough as a possible pencil in today.)

Marvin Jones Jr - OSU
(Think Miami will be in the thick of it till the end with him, but I don’t think he comes here. I don’t see it being nearly possible him signing with FSU regardless of who his dad is, unless they have a massive uptick in wins this year. Recruits talk to each other and there’s a reason why kids are wavering from their class and decommitting.)

Earl Little Jr - Bama (I expect us to receive respect from him being a legacy but I think the guy honestly just wants to leave for college. Talented yes, but I don’t think he would make or break Miami’s class. That is not a slight to him as a prospect at all.)

Mario Eugenio - Michigan (I mentioned recently he is someone who has risen up for Miami recently. From intel I had received, I don’t think he would pick Miami and I think if another in-state offer came he would be more likely to head there.)

Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy - OU (This guy would be near top of list most wanted for me this cycle.)

Jamari Lyons - UF

Trequon Fegans - UGA

Sam McCall - South Carolina (Think the writing is on the wall that this guy is not sticking with FSU. I expect his recruitment to have a lot of twist and turns. TRob will keep us in the game with him for the distance. South Carolina has an edge with Torrian Gray roots into Lakeland.)

Markeith Williams - UF (I don’t think UF makes the same mistake letting this guy go out of state from the same school Sevyn Banks came from, who was a UF legacy himself.)

Kamari Wilson - UGA (His interest in Miami is legit, it is. This is not a James Williams situation though where I had the confidence we would still be in it regardless of UGA hype. He just legitimately really likes UGA. We’ve gone head to head with UGA and won some and lost some, they win this one. TRob will keep us in the hunt with this guy though.)
That would be a really good class, but here's my glass-half-empty view. That class is about as good as 2021, which we pulled without T-Rob and Aristide. Those guys were brought in, first, to recruit blue chips. I know they've had less than a full cycle, especially Aristide. But what I'm hoping to see is at least one big-time surprise signing for each. Maybe T-Rob pulls someone like Julian Humphrey, Azareyeh Thomas, or Bryce Anderson. Maybe Aristide pulls Anthony Lucas or Ish Harris. Something like that would show that we've reached a higher level in recruiting with our new staff.

Advertisement
That would be a really good class, but here's my glass-half-empty view. That class is about as good as 2021, which we pulled without T-Rob and Aristide. Those guys were brought in, first, to recruit blue chips. I know they've had less than a full cycle, especially Aristide. But what I'm hoping to see is at least one big-time surprise signing for each. Maybe T-Rob pulls someone like Julian Humphrey, Azareyeh Thomas, or Bryce Anderson. Maybe Aristide pulls Anthony Lucas or Ish Harris. Something like that would show that we've reached a higher level in recruiting with our new staff.
True, but I'd say T Rob pulling Khamauri from the deep deliverance state of Mississippi with him being a huge Ole Miss priority would be a big time W for us. For linebacker I think if Aristide can help us win the battles for Blissanthe, Tolan, and Lathan I'd be ecstatic, but that's just my 2 cents.

Anthony Lucas icing on a Tarber/Lyons cake?!?!?! 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

We should take a rb every class, imo, and only take 3 wrs this cycle if they’re elite.

WR: we have smith, george, brinson just coming in and smith, redding, restreppo and worsham right ahead of them, that’s 7 in 2 years. Not necessarily the best 7 but it is what it is. Also a down year locally. From a use of scholarship perspective. I’d prefer to go to 2 for a cycle with the third spot only for a top kid. And go balls out for the next cycle.

At RB, harris goes, then we just have cheney, knighton plus the two new frosh. Cheney could be gone after ‘22. Knighton too for that matter. Skipping a class seems unwise. The ‘21 kids sre bigger backs. Wouldn’t mind finding another knighton type kid this cycle.

Advertisement
*Believe this will be the year they get their top targets at LB like 2019
We got our top targets? This is from about this time of that cycle:

Players to know for 2019

ErickMarreroU

Feb 8, 2018

LB:

How many will Miami take (A-lot)

Top Targets: Anthony Solomon, Jahmar Brown, Sam Brooks

Advertisement
Didnt put this in here earlier but wanted to mention it. A fast riser as of recently and just got offered by Miami this morning. Kye Stokes out of Armwood. Was talking about him with @Stefan Adams recently. Would keep an eye on him as multiple top programs are throwing their hat in the ring.
Stokes just committed to the Poison Nuts of Ohio.

Would be a home run class
Would be an excellent class. Elite on defense which I love. Getting Armella would be a great pull. Bissainthe, Tolan and Graham would be the best LB class in forever. Tarbor and Lyons at DT is a coup. DE is where I believe this may get interesting. We're going to the wire with all of those kids and the fact is that this isn't the Miami of 10-15 years ago which is a good thing. With everything that this program now has to offer with all the facilities, great stadium, etc it just got more exciting with Phillips and Rousseau both going in the 1st round. The DE position in our defense has been a proven glory position. Now it's also a proven ticket to the NFL position and that is going to attract elite prospects. Add the coaching upgrades on defense and I truly think that we are a major player with all the big names.

I agree about Kelly in that he is going to continue to blow up. I love the potential of Dante Anderson as well. Stewart is a straight stud. My point is however that I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if we ended up with a DE class of Kelly, Stewart and Jackson.

Advertisement
Back