Earl Timberlake sighs LOI with Canes

Will Earl Timberlake be a good fit with Miami?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
I voted no just to **** it up...I have no optimism left. That will be his last poll seeking a 100% outcome.

1587060806519.png

Advertisement
OK if you say so.
ZERO NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS OVER LAST 5 YEARS WHILE SIGNING 5 TOP 100 PLAYERS.

Bruce Brown- 2 first round exits
Dewan Hernandez- 2 first round exits
Lonnie Walker- 1 first round exit
Chris Lykes- 1 first round exit
Earl Timbeblake- I pray that he can make up for the JV staff we currently have down in the gables. I doubt it, because he isn't a unworldly talent

Is there any other team in the country with that level of talent without a NCAA tournament win? I find that hard to believe.

Earl Timbeblake- I pray that he can make up for the JV staff we currently have down in the gables. I doubt it, because he isn't a unworldly talent

Is there any other team in the country with that level of talent without a NCAA tournament win? I find that hard to believe.
I have my issues with Coach L (on balance, still think he's the best HC we've had since 1985). In terms of those Top 100 players:

Brown -- We only got one good season from him due to injury

Hernandez -- If Brown and Walker were the standard for an "impact" Top 100 player, then Huell/Hernandez was certainly not that coming into the UM program (regardless of what some "experts" might have thought); we'll never know what he'd have been in that "lost" last season.

Walker -- While everyone could see he had major skills, he didn't really show them all that much at UM. His shooting percentages across the board were only average and he didn't rebound or defend all that well. A solid true freshman year but ... hardly that impactful except for flashing his great NBA potential.

Lykes -- Was he Top 100?

Advertisement
I have my issues with Coach L (on balance, still think he's the best HC we've had since 1985). In terms of those Top 100 players:

Brown -- We only got one good season from him due to injury

Hernandez -- If Brown and Walker were the standard for an "impact" Top 100 player, then Huell/Hernandez was certainly not that coming into the UM program (regardless of what some "experts" might have thought); we'll never know what he'd have been in that "lost" last season.

Walker -- While everyone could see he had major skills, he didn't really show them all that much at UM. His shooting percentages across the board were only average and he didn't rebound or defend all that well. A solid true freshman year but ... hardly that impactful except for flashing his great NBA potential.

Lykes -- Was he Top 100?

His claim was not only wrong but his analysis was dishonest.

Out of the top 100 players....

One was ineligible for an entire season
One was injured and missed the last 13 games of a season
One was a one-and-done who contributed to an NCAA Tourney loss by dribbling the ball off his foot
One is still in school
One is not even in school yet

Advertisement
His claim was not only wrong but his analysis was dishonest.

Out of the top 100 players....

One was ineligible for an entire season
One was injured and missed the last 13 games of a season
One was a one-and-done who contributed to an NCAA Tourney loss by dribbling the ball off his foot
One is still in school
One is not even in school yet
HERE COMES THE L EXCUSES

Walker single handed lost the Loyola game at the end.

Advertisement
Back