Earl Little Jr. 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami might need to move on. If you can’t get a legacy kid that’s living just minutes from the stadium to commit already, I think you just count your losses and move on to the next. Instead being left with your **** in hand at the end. Miami need to heavily recruit players from smaller towns who would be enamored with Miami. Lol. Nah seriously we do need to put pressure on Rogers and Feagon.

Advertisement
Miami might need to move on. If you can’t get a legacy kid that’s living just minutes from the stadium to commit already, I think you just count your losses and move on to the next. Instead being left with your **** in hand at the end. Miami need to heavily recruit players from smaller towns who would be enamored with Miami. Lol. Nah seriously we do need to put pressure on Rogers and Feagon.
It's March...

I’d rather have his teammate who’s more than likely going to be the better Collegiate player.

Little is Al Blades all over again.
They're two completely different style of corners.

Al Jr was a big bodied physical press man kid that played some Safety, Earl Jr is a smaller nickel cover corner that can play Field if necessary. He's more off ball & has better footwork coming out of HS than Al Jr did. He's also faster.

They have nothing in common except both being from Broward & being Cane legacies.

Al Jr was a big bodied physical press man kid that played some Safety, Earl Jr is a smaller nickel cover corner that can play Field if necessary. He's more off ball & has better footwork coming out of HS than Al Jr did. He's also faster.

They have nothing in common except both being from Broward & being Cane legacies.
So true, Blades much different body type. His first observation was correct though, Spells is the better prospect.

Advertisement

This kid is a blue chip prospect at a position of need who fits our defensive scheme very well.
He also happens to be a legacy and local.
We are nine months from early signing day.
We play Bama Game 1 this year.
And Little has basically already said we are in his top 3.

And you think our coaches "might need to move on" from his recruitment? On March 23, 2021?? C'mon, man... tighten the fvck up. We may get this kid, we may not. But you keep recruiting a kid like this until either the bag has been delivered or he tells you he's going elsewhere.

Bama

It's the same thing we've seen at WR. Saban and Bama win and have a track record of taking the most talented DBs and WRs from SoFla and turning them into 1st Rd NFL Draft picks

We used to be DBU and WRU but that is now Bama. When's the last time we've produced a 1st Rd DB and 1st Rd WR - Artie Burns in 2016 (Bust) and Phillip Dorsett in 2015 (Bust)

Until we start winning and consistently producing top NFL talent at WR and DB we're not going to land elite guys like this that Bama wants

Agreed with all of this. I'd also add that notwithstanding Blades's size, I think Little is a better (and more game) tackler coming out of HS than Blades was. Overall, I think Little is a better fit for what Diaz asks of his CBs.

Advertisement
This kid is a blue chip prospect at a position of need who fits our defensive scheme very well.
He also happens to be a legacy and local.
We are nine months from early signing day.
We play Bama Game 1 this year.
And Little has basically already said we are in his top 3.

And you think our coaches "might need to move on" from his recruitment? On March 23, 2021?? C'mon, man... tighten the fvck up. We may get this kid, we may not. But you keep recruiting a kid like this until either the bag has been delivered or he tells you he's going elsewhere.
We'll revisit this conversation later. lol

We'll revisit this conversation later. lol

Circle it in your calendar... I do not give a fvck.
Little could go play football in a new Chinese Football League for $20 million next year, blowout both knees and sign with Akron, or anything in between and my answer will still be the same...

You do not stop recruiting a kid like this in March. Unless the bag is delivered or he tells you he's going elsewhere, you keep recruiting him.

Circle it in your calendar... I do not give a fvck.
Little could go play football in a new Chinese Football League for $20 million next year, blowout both knees and sign with Akron, or anything in between and my answer will still be the same...

You do not stop recruiting a kid like this in March. Unless the bag is delivered or he tells you he's going elsewhere, you keep recruiting him.
I hear ya. Maybe I shouldn't say move on in the sense of stop recruiting him, but Miami has to put just as much pressure on others as they are with Little. If not more. Especially when the writing is on the wall that he ends up at Bama. Yeah, keep beggin him to come to Miami, but don't be left in the end trying to recruit a Tim Burns from the middle of nowhere.

Advertisement
I hear ya. Maybe I shouldn't say move on in the sense of stop recruiting him, but Miami has to put just as much pressure on others as they are with Little. If not more. Especially when the writing is on the wall that he ends up at Bama. Yeah, keep beggin him to come to Miami, but don't be left in the end trying to recruit a Tim Burns from the middle of nowhere.

On this we agree 110%. Miami coaches have been left scrambling with their collective d!cks in their hands way too many times in recent recruiting cycles. And it seems like CB is the spot where it was happening the most. But I am optimistic that style of recruiting will change now that T-Rob is here in charge of the DBs.

Facts

Advertisement
I’m disappointed he didn’t go to the UA camp. Some local folks speculated he didn’t want to run slow but he may have had a conflict or an injury. Spells ran the fastest 40 there.
These kids protect their stock for these rankings like it's the NFL. We'll find out whether you're fast or not soon enough.

It's March...
but how often does a legacy kid who wants to be a Cane drag his feet and actually end up a Cane? Even top kids from Miami for that matter, forget legacy. The longer their recruitments play out the less likely they are to sign with the home team. They find any reason to leave.

but yes, its only March. Not time to get worked up yet. But there does come a point where you need to read the writing on the wall. Legacy or not.

100% keep recruiting him and letting him know we want him badly.

But based on all the quotes I’ve been reading, if Alabama wants him, they’ve got him.

The only question is, does he make the cut for Alabama. And nobody really knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back