Off-Topic Earl DMX Simmons hospitalized from OD

Sucks that this is where he is at, but not a shock based on his last decade plus. But it did seem like he'd been trying to get clean in rehab the last couple of years...

Regardless, It's Dark and **** is Hot was the album back in the day. Damien and Crime Story hold up as legit great songs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a few months older than DMX and have been clean from drugs and Alcohol going on 8 years in June.... I can honestly tell you it was the best thing that ever happened to me.... It hurts to see people gettin on in age still running hard like their 21 again.... I really hope that he can pull through.... I know it doesn't look good right now but hopefully he gets another chance to get his life in order.... The only way to win the fight is never give up... Prayers up for him...

I'm a few months older than DMX and have been clean from drugs and Alcohol going on 8 years in June.... I can honestly tell you it was the best thing that ever happened to me.... It hurts to see people gettin on in age still running hard like their 21 again.... I really hope that he can pull through.... I know it doesn't look good right now but hopefully he gets another chance to get his life in order.... The only way to win the fight is never give up... Prayers up for him...
Nice job. Putting the plug in the jug solves some things. Can’t speak for drugs, thankfully that was not my path. Eight years! Stand up my man.

Advertisement
Question becomes, how much damage was done to the brain when oxygen wasn’t going in? This sucks, man. No bueno.
This is correct... it doesn't take long for damage to happen... I've seen a lot of people pass or become really messed up due to addiction. Had one friend have multiple strokes... Very painful to see him now, I mean I'm glad he's alive but to see him with major paralysis and other ailments just hurts....
I try to talk to people when I can about getting clean but it's tough when people are stuck that deep.... Just hope for Earl's sake he can pull through as intact as possible... If he does then maybe something like this can finally bring him to getting clean....
For me it took an ex-girlfriend committing suicide to wake me up... We weren't dating at the time but were still friends... That shook me... At the time I was 42. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.... The subject of drug addiction matters to me...

Advertisement
This is correct... it doesn't take long for damage to happen... I've seen a lot of people pass or become really messed up due to addiction. Had one friend have multiple strokes... Very painful to see him now, I mean I'm glad he's alive but to see him with major paralysis and other ailments just hurts....
I try to talk to people when I can about getting clean but it's tough when people are stuck that deep.... Just hope for Earl's sake he can pull through as intact as possible... If he does then maybe something like this can finally bring him to getting clean....
For me it took an ex-girlfriend committing suicide to wake me up... We weren't dating at the time but were still friends... That shook me... At the time I was 42. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on.... The subject of drug addiction matters to me...
Thanks for sharing. Glad you're doing well and hopefully your efforts help others battling addiction.

That **** ain't ez dog speaking from xp

According to Willie D., somebody sold em' drugs laced with fentanyl...apparently there's been a wave of ODs in the Yonkers area.

DMX is just another example of the failure of the so called "War On Drugs"...but let's call it what it is, it's a war on Black & Brown people.

This Country better start thinking about lifting the prohibition on ALL drugs.

Advertisement
You could feel his pain in his music , he was a broken soul. That’s why I loved his music so much , I felt something. Pain and emotion. I literally hit a barricade driving at 19 listening to “ It’s dark and **** is hot”. He’s the only hip hop artist that made me feel something like that and I’ve been a rap fan since a git , in the 80’s. He wasn’t some word smith but was an artist. A great one at that. Every one of his songs had a purpose and the story telling was top shelf.

Tbh i don’t care when celebrities die, I just don’t care that much about somebody I don’t know , but this one stuck with me a little. His music got me through some **** in my younger days. I guess I just had a connection with his music.

Today I listened to his first three albums while working. Maybe because I knew they were going to take him off life support.

It’s sad but we all knew what the outcome was eventually going to be , the demons were going to get him. This had to be extremely difficult for his family.

Rip.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back