EA Sports bringing back NCAA Football game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, I knew I would eventually have to break down and buy a PS5.

Anyone know why they are marketing it as "College football" instead of "NCAA football"?

Do they license the players likeness from them individually? Do they then license the football team logo from the university?

Too early to tell?

Advertisement
That’s how long it takes to make a game.
Well, technically, it is really a modification to Madden in a way... gameplay and features are similar.

It is interesting though, the time it takes to get a game to market was always of interest. I was in Formula 1 for years as an engineer and while I was there, I was so irritated that the F1 game always would come out like in the middle of the season, 10-12 races in. So you get like 3 months of playing the game before its technically old news. Always irritated me to no end.

I feel like EA has always been releasing games which corresponded to the start of a season or near it, in order to maximize the attention given to the game and the sport. It is a huge marketing tool to bring in the youngest generation and get them interested in sport.

Funny how we all were a product of that the first go-around.

Amazing news!

Idk about y’all but I would no-life tf out of RTG, I’d keep recreating Canes legends and try to blow their irl stats out of the water. Always been a bigger career mode guy than ultimate team/dynasty and all that other shįt, I’m a psycho tho lol

jerk off ed edd and eddy GIF

Advertisement
Anyone know why they are marketing it as "College football" instead of "NCAA football"?

Do they license the players likeness from them individually? Do they then license the football team logo from the university?

Too early to tell?
Can’t officially license with the NCAA, opens up the can of worms with collegiate players collectively bargaining and entering group licensing deals. It’ll be completely generic and then they’ll have the “download rosters” feature that has been carried on from ncaa14

Advertisement
According to EA, players, numbers and attributes will be 100% generic. All rosters can be fully modified though. There will be no mention of the NCAA or any of their logos. Each featured team will have an individual contract with EA.

Too early to tell?

bc of the rules, they don't want to reference anything regarding NCAA. it will have the teams, jerseys, stadiums, etc but won't use names (which they never used unless you downloaded rosters), won't make players look like their counterpart in real life (so king could look like 300 pd dt), etc. it'll obviously change once NIL goes in effect and everything is sorted out there

Good to see college football return to ea sports we need a college hockey and baseball game now

neither would sell imo (small market of fans). I would love a college basketball game tho but I don't think that did well either in sales

Advertisement
Back