E. Roberts can....

I would be thrilled if this kid have is solid 4th DE reps, maybe more depending on the situation, using his strength/mass to shut down some of the run game **** that gashed us so badly next year.

You can bet your *** Bama is going to run the same ******* run play UNC did for the 1st quarter to make sure we have it addressed.

Advertisement
Hey y'all!! I appreciate the thread! Elijah is at 273 with 11% body fat and still moving! I would prefer him at DE as well but hey..
Love it and very excited for him. He's a SDE all the way in my book. Absolutely no need to bulk him up and negate his quickness just to force him inside. We've already got more than enough big bodies there, and when needed Elijah can slide inside on passing downs.

Looking forward to seeing this young man become a force to reckon with next season.

Love it and very excited for him. He's a SDE all the way in my book. Absolutely no need to bulk him up and negate his quickness just to force him inside. We've already got more than enough big bodies there, and when needed Elijah can slide inside on passing downs.

Looking forward to seeing this young man become a force to reckon with next season.
My opinion I believe they are really looking for someone who can pass rush up the middle, because that's what makes QB's the most uncomfortable.

My opinion I believe they are really looking for someone who can pass rush up the middle, because that's what makes QB's the most uncomfortable.
And that someone is Robert’s. Him being 273 with his speed and quick step will be perfect for kicking him inside on obvious passing downs. Put Harvey and Chantz on the outside and JHH inside as well. That DL should be easily capable of disrupting passing downs and wrecking havoc on opposing QB’s. You’re correct, getting a big push upfront will force the QB to one of the DE’s...that is unless Hunte or Robert’s doesn’t get to him first.

Advertisement
And that someone is Robert’s. Him being 273 with his speed and quick step will be perfect for kicking him inside on obvious passing downs. Put Harvey and Chantz on the outside and JHH inside as well. That DL should be easily capable of disrupting passing downs and wrecking havoc on opposing QB’s. You’re correct, getting a big push upfront will force the QB to one of the DE’s...that is unless Hunte or Robert’s doesn’t get to him first.
I just want him at the best position for HIM and the team and I trust that UM is doing that. I have no complaints!

It's not unique to Manny because it's been this way for as long as I can remember, but UM historically has pushed the 250-270+ guys (more or less) inside and we've had the long, slender rushers outside. Manny also seems to prefer "disruptors" inside that aren't typical space eaters and a bit smaller than an average DT (RJ, G Will, Harrison-Hunte).

Bama and Clemson seem to have comparably larger DE hovering around 270 or so that are better adept to handle both rush and pass defense. I'd love to find those athletes but so does every program.
RJ and Willis were Golden recruits iirc.

Bama runs a 3-4 and definitely goes with bigger DL, though their interior guys aren’t just big, they’re pretty dang athletic.

Clemson has just gotten some fantastic DL. Big and fast.

/kthxby

Advertisement
I don't think he's undersized. Looks like he's put in the work and is ready to do grown man things in the trenches or ANYWHERE along the D-Line.
Yea undersized is the wrong term. He's just not close to maxing out his frame. This kid was running down on kickoffs last year. You don't see many future DT's doing that..

Advertisement
Shocked someone hasnt posted the latest pic of him. Buddy looks like a monster. He's been puttin in work to get bigger and stronger. He can play anywhere along the line which will be an asset.

This doesn't surprise me in the least bit. From his upbringing, you just know this kid is an absolute professional and nobody is outworking him. How that translates to the field remains to be seen but I'm not even remotely surprised to hear he's making huge gains in off-season prep.

Shocked someone hasnt posted the latest pic of him. Buddy looks like a monster. He's been puttin in work to get bigger and stronger. He can play anywhere along the line which will be an asset.
Yea undersized is the wrong term. He's just not close to maxing out his frame. This kid was running down on kickoffs last year. You don't see many future DT's doing that..
He’s played basketball and has never gotten to focus on football training alone. He’s nowhere near his ceiling. Kid has plenty of room to go.

Advertisement
This doesn't surprise me in the least bit. From his upbringing, you just know this kid is an absolute professional and nobody is outworking him. How that translates to the field remains to be seen but I'm not even remotely surprised to hear he's making huge gains in off-season prep.
His work ethic is sick and scary. I used to beg him to take a break but he would always say "when I take a break someone else is working" Even the coaches were impressed with how hard he goes when he got there. Seeing him practice and play is one thing but watching him prepare is a whole other beast!

I don't know what you call undersized but every time I see him, he's bigger and his clothes are smaller.😂
Lol well I don't think the young man is undersized. It's funny that you mentioned that because my mom use to say the same thing about me 😂.
When I signed with Auburn I was 6'3 weighing 165 pounds. When I graduated I was 6'8 weighing 260 pounds. She would say everytime I see you you're bigger than before 😂.

Advertisement
Back