E. Roberts can....

Ashevegas Cane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
A. Be an impactful, rotational DE.
B. Can be a steady, large DE (which still has real value).
C. Is a 3-tech and should hone his craft there this season.

Give 1 answer and flesh it out with reason/observation/thought. Blended answers (sorta A, but kinda B for example) are bullshyt, take them elsewhere. Have an opinion and state your case.

Advertisement
How many DL make plays on kickoff coverage? This tells me he can play DE if they can keep his weight down. Johnson, Harvey, Cam, McCloud, Chantz isn't good enough on paper and we're fine at DT in 2021 with or without Roberts. I say, let 'em crash.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A. Be an impactful, rotational DE.
B. Can be a steady, large DE (which still has real value).
C. Is a 3-tech and should hone his craft there this season.

Give 1 answer and flesh it out with reason/observation/thought. Blended answers (sorta A, but kinda B for example) are bullshyt, take them elsewhere. Have an opinion and state your case.
I think it’s a,b and c, a and b, or b and c, or a and c. Maybe even none of the above? I have my reasons, but I’ll save them for later.

Advertisement
How many DL make plays on kickoff coverage? This tells me he can play DE if they can keep his weight down. Johnson, Harvey, Cam, McCloud, Chantz isn't good enough on paper and we're fine at DT in 2021 with or without Roberts. I say, let 'em crash.
Is your husband doing well? Hope he’s had a nice bounce back from Covid.
Yes! He's doing great. God is good! Thank you.

I don’t care where they play him to start. Get the best guys on the field. Rousseau was lined up over center at times. Just exploit the talent. Long term I see him as a 3 tech but there’s no reason he couldn’t stay at SDE either. All depends on how he develops.

Advertisement
It's not unique to Manny because it's been this way for as long as I can remember, but UM historically has pushed the 250-270+ guys (more or less) inside and we've had the long, slender rushers outside. Manny also seems to prefer "disruptors" inside that aren't typical space eaters and a bit smaller than an average DT (RJ, G Will, Harrison-Hunte).

Bama and Clemson seem to have comparably larger DE hovering around 270 or so that are better adept to handle both rush and pass defense. I'd love to find those athletes but so does every program.

Advertisement
Back