Dyoni Hill CB from Marshall

Exactly and teams stopped looking his way towards the end of the year for this reason
Yeah there’s a combination of some things. I do remember he didn’t really move around a lot and stick to a certain receiver so teams would just move their guys elsewhere and pick on someone else

Regardless he had an awesome year but the more CBs the better as well. When he got hurt I remember wanting to throw up

Advertisement
View attachment 287410

Not gonna get into a debate about this kid vs everything else but I remember people clowning this kid when he first got on the field here

It will be cool to see him work with a real DB coach
Feb 2022 👉🏽 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/daryl-porter-jr-enters-portal-commits.176331/post-5770362

You guys have to remember that most don't know jack sh*t about Football in general & especially about CB play.

With that being said, it's crucial we get at least one or possibly 2 from this Spring Portal. Anthony Johnson Jr & Dyoni Hill, or if guys like Tacario Davis, Ricardo Hallman or a few others enter we have to strike immediately & get'em.

I know everybody wants to believe that the Corners we already got should suffice & are good enough, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if we don't come out this Spring with a CB the Secondary is gonna be in for a long season...

Yeah there’s a combination of some things. I do remember he didn’t really move around a lot and stick to a certain receiver so teams would just move their guys elsewhere and pick on someone else

Regardless he had an awesome year but the more CBs the better as well. When he got hurt I remember wanting to throw up
They didn't throw at DPJ because Jaden Davis was a guaranteed 1st down. And with having Couch in the Nickel there were way more options for Offenses to move the ball.

OC's will always identify & pick on the weakest link. That's why whenever you have a bad Corner in the group, he will always the most attack targets.

People always get lost in this discussion because they think having ONE solid CB is enough & maybe it was 20 years ago, but in today's game you need 2 at minimum & 3 at optimum. Because otherwise you'll get picked apart.

They didn't throw at DPJ because Jaden Davis was a guaranteed 1st down. And with having Couch in the Nickel there were way more options for Offenses to move the ball.

OC's will always identify & pick on the weakest link. That's why whenever you have a bad Corner in the group, he will always the most attack targets.

People always get lost in this discussion because they think having ONE solid CB is enough & maybe it was 20 years ago, but in today's game you need 2 at minimum & 3 at optimum. Because otherwise you'll get picked apart.
My big concern with porter is that he never went to Vanderbilt

Advertisement

That's really my point. I know you've liked Porter from the get go. You're far more knowledgeable than I am on DBs, and I respect your evals. I also respect the other posters here who are bullish on DP.

But 1. I'm not 100% sold he is a CB1 as based on my own just-a-fan perspective he is good not great IMO. I watched the games, too, and he didn't jump out to me. ...

And 2. more importantly, even if he is a CB1 and proves me wrong, we need another one just as good (or better). Because playoff teams have multiple receiving weapons.

We have 2 guys we can rely on, we need at least 3. I personally do not count Richard in the "can rely on" camp. Guy got worked when he was in there last year.

That's really my point. I know you've liked Porter from the get go. You're far more knowledgeable than I am on DBs, and I respect your evals. I also respect the other posters here who are bullish on DP.

But 1. I'm not 100% sold he is a CB1 as based on my own just-a-fan perspective he is good not great IMO. and 2. even if he is a CB1 and proves me wrong, we need another one just as good (or better). Because playoff teams have multiple receiving weapons.

We have 2 guys we can rely on, we need at least 3. I personally do not count Richard in the "can rely on" camp. Guy got worked when he was in there last year.
Unless you're counting Mesh Powell in the CB group, we really only have one we can rely right now.

Advertisement
Feb 2022 👉🏽 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/daryl-porter-jr-enters-portal-commits.176331/post-5770362

You guys have to remember that most don't know jack sh*t about Football in general & especially about CB play.

With that being said, it's crucial we get at least one or possibly 2 from this Spring Portal. Anthony Johnson Jr & Dyoni Hill, or if guys like Tacario Davis, Ricardo Hallman or a few others enter we have to strike immediately & get'em.

I know everybody wants to believe that the Corners we already got should suffice & are good enough, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if we don't come out this Spring with a CB the Secondary is gonna be in for a long season...
And once again we were horrible in recruiting

I like Ryan Mack but he’s the #36 CB in the 2024 class. Bama had 3 of the top 4

After Mack, Frédérique was #65

Pretty much tells the same story of our CB recruiting the last 10+ years

My big concern with porter is that he never went to Vanderbilt

IMG_3896.gif

Advertisement
Homie DP2 was clamps in coverage last year teams just stopped looking his way towards the end of the year. Damari is coming into his own we'll see but has high rd NFL potential. Between Hill and Richard that would be a good debate there
This is false. Porter played well but a lot of his success had to do with Davis being on the other side and couch being in the slot. Teams attacked those guys way more

Advertisement

Huh. You don't say. Never could tell from reading CIS. 🤔

Advertisement
Back