Dyoni Hill CB from Marshall

Advertisement
@Memnon write up here (BEFORE we hired Jackson BTW) 👇🏽
Another kid I didn’t mention in the OP was Dyoni Hill 6’0 170lbs Sophomore CB that goes to Marshall.
He’s from Gainesville FL, so I figured IF he were to enter the Portal UF would be the obvious favorites.
But he had a good Soph season with 52tks 10PD’s & 1INT.
Also has familiarity with Guidry from when Guid was at Marshall last year.

Another comment by @skeeter BEFORE he hit the portal.

Dyoni Hill, Marshall…Could be a possibility at some point. From Gainesville originally. Graded out very well and seems to be pretty active with the Chevis Jackson stuff on twitter.

Another @Memnon mention in his breakdown on what we were getting w/Jackson PRIOR to him hitting the portal

1) He's a Corey Raymond disciple.
Why is that significant? Because CR is probably the best pure teacher of CB's in CFB & what he teaches his Corners is understanding how to properly use their upper body while in phase how to slow down, disrupt & re-route the WR at top of the stem without grabbing or tugging on the jersey of the WR in order to prevent getting a PI. Probably not a big deal to the average fan, but is huge IMO because as surprising as it may be, not every Coach preaches that. Crazy I know, but there are actually Coaches who teach their Corners to grab.
What this does is builds the muscle memory in your CB's to keep their hands free & sharpens their coverage skills.
So how does this manifest in Chevis's Coaching?
In the 2 years he's been at Marshall, Micah Abraham has had 25PD's, 10INT's with an above 80 coverage grade over the last 2 seasons, logging over 800 snaps while being one of the least penalized CB's in CFB.
And just to cross-reference so that it's not just one isolated CB, Marshall's Defense averaged an above 70 coverage grade this season with 8 games above 70. What that means is that in 61% of their games they were in the top 20% in pass coverage.
Dyoni Hill, as a Red FR in his first seasons starting had 10PD's with a 70.9 coverage grade on the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone wanna throw out our portal top leader board at cb?? You got this kid Hill, fsu kid, shorter kid originally local?!?! Am i missing anyone and where sould you ranked them in talent?

Described as a 'physical' corner at 170lb. In what context? Hard to envision him in press against bigger receivers.

Advertisement

Yep. IMO, kid would be our CB1. I know there's a lot of love for Porter, and Damari looks to be on track to having a great career at Miami. But right now, Hill is the most proven of all. Porter was taking the #2 or #3 WR last year and was not targeted enough to know for certain if he's a CB1. Brown has a lot of work to go on his technique and reading the offense. Hill has already shown he can handle the role.

Yep. IMO, kid would be our CB1. I know there's a lot of love for Porter, and Damari looks to be on track to having a great career at Miami. But right now, Hill is the most proven of all. Porter was taking the #2 or #3 WR last year and was not targeted enough to know for certain if he's a CB1. Brown has a lot of work to go on his technique and reading the offense. Hill has already shown he can handle the role.
Homie DP2 was clamps in coverage last year teams just stopped looking his way towards the end of the year. Damari is coming into his own we'll see but has high rd NFL potential. Between Hill and Richard that would be a good debate there

Advertisement
Analytics really like Porter

Analytics really like Porter
IMG_4260.jpeg

Not gonna get into a debate about this kid vs everything else but I remember people clowning this kid when he first got on the field here

It will be cool to see him work with a real DB coach

Advertisement
Back