2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Solid points, but Manny did sign a top 8 class just 10 months before he fired. He also had multiple 1st rounders drafted the same year he was canned.

At the end of the day, the only results that matter are on the field, & Manny failed there. If Mario sitting at .600 after 4 years did he evaluate and develop a great team?
We're those first rounders his or other staffs guys? I felt like he ain't bring sh in even when I saw the class's number. I love me the James williams and LT but you need physical guys. I feel like we got scared of big fish because we couldn't compete. And if there was a big fish we got it was always a finesse type where the blue bloods were rarely going to fight for. So I wasn't pleased with MR or MD recruiting efforts and the coaches before that.

Advertisement
Wow… you been drinking out in the sun today? Your ok with losing as long as it’s close?

Yes to first part of question. "It depends" on second. Ordinarily no. However, I can think of a situation where a loss would be more entertaining than a win (not better, just more entertaining). Let's say UM is 4-7 going into the final game of the season and playing another 4-7 team. We're both ineligible win or lose. Am I going to be happy after 14-12 win to a garbage opponent? I am not going to feel any exhilaration. Probably only feeling will be relief knowing that there is a team worse than us. Now let's say UM is 10-1 and is going into Tuscaloosa. We lose a 48-45 game in triple overtime. I would have enjoyed that game a lot more than the 14-12 stinker. And I would be happy that even though we lost, it showed we were really close, we're probably going to get an ultra elite recruiting class because recruits will be impressed , and I have a reason to care about next year because we might be good enough to beat a team of that caliber next time around. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that we actually move UP in the rankings after a very close loss to a top opponent, or at least don't drop a spot.

So I think that is legit scenario where a close loss to a top opponent would be more entertaining than a low scoring, error filled win over a terrible opponent.

Last edited:
We're those first rounders his or other staffs guys? I felt like he ain't bring sh in even when I saw the class's number. I love me the James williams and LT but you need physical guys. I feel like we got scared of big fish because we couldn't compete. And if there was a big fish we got it was always a finesse type where the blue bloods were rarely going to fight for. So I wasn't pleased with MR or MD recruiting efforts and the coaches before that.
Manny was lazy and that was best showcased through his recruiting. You are 100% that we were scared of even going after the big boys unless we had an in like Flowe or some local kids. The real issue was that we did nothing to offset those deficiencies. The boards were a joke and had no depth to them. We missed on our first and second targets and our third or fourth targets were G5 level players. With Mario our boards are not only deeper but the quality is infinitely better. We miss on our first 4 guys, and we have, and 5-10 is still better than what we were signing under Manny.

Yes to first part of question. "It depends" on second. Let's say UM is 4-7 going into the final game of the season and playing another 4-7 team. We're both ineligible win or lose. Am I going to be happy after 14-12 win to a garbage opponent? I am not going to feel any exhilaration. Probably only feeling will be relief knowing that there is a team worse than us. Now let's say UM is 10-1 and is going into Tuscaloosa. We lose a 48-45 game in triple overtime. I would have enjoyed that game a lot more than the 14-12 stinker. And I would be happy that even though we lost, it showed we were really close, we're probably going to get an ultra elite recruiting class because recruits will be impressed , and I have a reason to care about next year because we might be good enough to beat a team of that caliber next time around. So I think that is legit scenario where a close loss to a top opponent would be more entertaining than a low scoring, error filled win over a terrible opponent.
Pate State Material

As Neil Young once said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." I would have gone with Kiffin. Football is supposed to be entertaining. That's basically all I want now. I doubt UM ever reaches the mountain top again because of the cronyism that runs from top to bottom at UM. It's not about hiring the best, it's always about hiring the best connected. So at least with Kiffin, I would have a reason to watch games. Even losses can be entertaining. If I watch UM lose to Bama 48-45 on a last second field goal, I don't feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

Basically every Cristobal coached game in 2022 was an exercise in masochism. The UM athletic department should have given gimp suits to fans willing to sit through games.

I actually felt guilty after watching UM beat UVA 14-12. I realized after watching that game that I could have spent that 3 hours playing outside with my kids and it would have been a far, far better use of my time.
Anything before winning is wrong! And, kiffin isnt gonna sniff a title ever! And he doesn't fix the culture problem either. But Yu like being entertained be my guest just not at um!!!

Advertisement
Does any fans opinion actually matter? No but we all still have one.
Just like when you said you’d rather lose to A&M and look pretty doing it lol

It’s just a hypothetical debate, I think we all know the school does what they want.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Agreed, no one has to win a title quickly. It’s more about the progress. I just find it weird we canned a guy so quickly who was making half as much, with half the resources… yet some want to give Mario 5/6 years without judging results.

I get he’s a cane, but there has to be a middle ground.
The middle ground is he only been here 1 yr! Y'all Jumping the gun on if he has a bad this year. then, 24' is a make or break year! let it play out Y'all acting like you want Mario to fail!

Advertisement
Michigan was damaged (20-18 the three years before Harbaugh arrived). Yet Harbaugh still went 20-6 his first two seasons.. The great coaches turn it around quickly. Mario is being paid like a great coach, and I believe he is a great coach, so Im going to hold him to great standards.
After that 2nd year his recruiting and overall results though fell off a cliff until 2021. Most people thought he should've been fired but now Mich trending very positively. Sometimes you gotta really be patient to see gains.

The middle ground is he only been here 1 yr! Y'all Jumping the gun on if he has a bad this year. then, 24' is a make or break year! let it play out Y'all acting like you want Mario to fail!
One thing is for sure, if we do bomb this year it won’t be because of lack of talent. We have holes on the roster but we have the talent to win 8 with this schedule. I am no optimist but I see us winning 8-9 with this roster and schedule.

Advertisement
I’ve lived in 1/2 the states in this country and a few other places outside the country. I decided to raise my kids in SC because I love it here. I’m 40 minutes from downtown Charlotte and a couple hours from Charleston, Hilton Head, and Myrtle. The people in SC are great and it didn’t cost a fortune to buy a nice house on a decent piece of property. SC is definitely not in the bottom 20.
Don’t explain nun to dat *** boi! He’s one of hose uppity ppl who think that he’s better than others & where he lives is jus so much better. He don’t no **** bout SC!

You’re trippin. It’s not near bottom 20. We also have nothing in common with Nebraska lol
Never been to Nebraska but I'm sure its not some ****-hole I'd never want to see. Something ****** and something awesome can be found in any state, whether it's people, cities or scenery. As a long time NC resident, I love SC. Some people just like to exude negative vibes... its not good for the soul.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back