2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Advertisement
Yea because let’s be REALISTIC….fire Napier/Cristobal if they go 5-7 then 7-5 and then go and hire who? What TOP FLIGHT HC would leave a job to come to a place where they have shown they’ll fire a coach after 3 years if they go 6-7, 5-7, then 7-5?
Real question is, what top flight program keeps a coach after going 18-19 first three years?

Also, no elite coach thinks “man I don’t want that top notch job, if I have a losing record after 3 years they’ll fire me”… because no top notch coach is even considering losing that much.

I don’t think we were set up for a coach to march in and win a title. Our facilities and title record are only remembered by the parents of recruits.
Agreed, no one has to win a title quickly. It’s more about the progress. I just find it weird we canned a guy so quickly who was making half as much, with half the resources… yet some want to give Mario 5/6 years without judging results.

I get he’s a cane, but there has to be a middle ground.

Bull****. Y'all won't crown the man for nothing less than #6. You people are having a serious conversation about when he should be fired BEFORE the beginning of season 2... You all got no clue what Mario will do inside of 5 years and none of y'all are patient enough to let him show it. Who else y'all wanna run off. Take a **** breath people. If fans had that standard for their own personal lives they wouldn't all be so miserable on here...

Amen. Fans are coming up with zombie apocalypse type scenarios, acting worse than when my wife sees a spider after year one.

Agreed, no one has to win a title quickly. It’s more about the progress. I just find it weird we canned a guy so quickly who was making half as much, with half the resources… yet some want to give Mario 5/6 years without judging results.

we canned him quickly cause he was bringing in BS and the locker room was horrible too. He could not recruit where ever he went he was a terrible evaluator at the position he coached. Thats bad because if he cant see talent he will just sign easy layups without fighting. you recruit elite kids get them they become first rounders you gain publicity by it they make millions and they come back as legends. Eventually you keep building that factory it will translate to sustained success. thats the plan. If they gave Manny that much money he still wouldnt be able to close out on kids thats just the facts, he didnt have it as a recruiter.

Advertisement
Could be wrong but I believe he’s going into his 2nd year of a 10 year contract
These guys are actually deluding themselves if they think discussion at 3 or 4 years is happening amongst the powers that be on a guaranteed 10 year $80 million deal for this HC. It’s actually annoying already that people are bringing up something that has zero point zero zero chance of going anywhere and will only undermine the program.

If y’all banner boys think crying about return on investment of other peoples’ money at a private school or angry Sharpie scribble on cardboard taped to an old food truck riding rickety up and down San Amaro will do anything to sway anyone of significance a year from now, el oh el.

@Brooklyndee even if he got number 6 there will still be some that hate him. They always hate the winners and love the losers its the weirdest thing I have seen. Most people hate Butch but that dude got us number 5 no matter what anyone says he built that team. And its like no one wants to give the dude credit cause he flip flopped and took a promotion. Like bruh thats life, the good that came from it (for a miami fan) was good for me.

There’s no middle ground here. They guaranteed him $80 million over 10 years. He’s got years to fix things. Nothing helpful to the goals of the team you’re a fan of will come of this type of discussion after 2 seasons.

Advertisement
There’s no middle ground here. They guaranteed him $80 million over 10 years. He’s got years to fix things. Nothing helpful will come of this type of discussion after 2 seasons.
You're right there's likely no middle ground. We've put all our chips on him and we'll be tied to him long enough to either completely kill the program with no hope of ever returning to glory or methodically build us back to prominence and the "elite" class.

He'll either be the final nail in the coffin of a dead program or a catalyst for soaring back to our previous heights.

There’s no middle ground here. They guaranteed him $80 million over 10 years. He’s got years to fix things. Nothing helpful to the goals of the team you’re a fan of will come of this type of discussion after 2 seasons.
Agreed, I see the pros and cons from both sides.

But, we sure it’s fully guaranteed? Private university, those actual fine details will never be released.

You guys are the sort who buy a handyman special for a home and get mad that you have to fix it up. There's a process whether y'all comprehend it or not. Get as mad as wanted over the results of last season. Regardless of not seeing on field the results you wanted or as much as we could have, we started the process towards tearing down an old dated home that was built in the 80s on ocean front property. **** was tore down. Now we're building up that mansion on the water. Takes time. So either relax or y'all just come back in a few years when we're a finished product. That's what most people are built for. All the success with none of the stress...

Advertisement
we canned him quickly cause he was bringing in BS and the locker room was horrible too. He could not recruit where ever he went he was a terrible evaluator at the position he coached. Thats bad because if he cant see talent he will just sign easy layups without fighting. you recruit elite kids get them they become first rounders you gain publicity by it they make millions and they come back as legends. Eventually you keep building that factory it will translate to sustained success. thats the plan. If they gave Manny that much money he still wouldnt be able to close out on kids thats just the facts, he didnt have it as a recruiter.
Solid points, but Manny did sign a top 8 class just 10 months before he fired. He also had multiple 1st rounders drafted the same year he was canned.

At the end of the day, the only results that matter are on the field, & Manny failed there. If Mario sitting at .600 after 4 years did he evaluate and develop a great team?

Solid points, but Manny did sign a top 8 class just 10 months before he fired. He also had multiple 1st rounders drafted the same year he was canned.

At the end of the day, the only results that matter are on the field, & Manny failed there. If Mario sitting at .600 after 4 years did he evaluate and develop a great team?
Show where Manny signed a top 8 class?

They do not realize how damaged Michigan was and we are. It takes a special X and O guy or a monster recruiter to turn it around year one. Time Saban took over Bama there was no challenges on the trail for him. Now its different it will take time, there are alot of elite recruiters out there and not enough elite players. Mario aint that special year one change everything, I dont think anyone could of done it but a Riley type. But thats my opinion we will never know for sure
Michigan was damaged (20-18 the three years before Harbaugh arrived). Yet Harbaugh still went 20-6 his first two seasons.. The great coaches turn it around quickly. Mario is being paid like a great coach, and I believe he is a great coach, so Im going to hold him to great standards.

Advertisement
Beating A Dead Horse GIF by 100 gecs
That gif is wild AF

Advertisement
Back