2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Mario isn’t going anywhere for at least another 3-4 years no matter what he wins or doesn’t win but what might disappear is some of the high dollar boosters putting up NIL money.

People like that didn’t get their money by investing in losers….

Advertisement
Literally has zero to do whether I think anyone there is a good recruiter or not, and entirely rests on the fact that it’d be choosing South Carolina. That’s my only point - that I’d never pick these wack *** places to live if I had every option under the sun.
Well if you were 18 and 6-3 240 running a 4.5 then your opinion on where to live would matter

Not necessarily fam. Just generally curious as to what alternatives people can offer, considering real life facts regarding the state of affairs for the last 20 years at this U.

A majority of my rabid friends and foes ( BJ & UF alumni generally ) are always quick to call in the executioner on Coach, but their delusions of grandeur come with zero rationale.

I’ll admit to leading the band on firing Coker, Radio, Golden, Richt, Mandy, but I gave them enough rope to hang themselves. Even traveling extensively to watch the noose grow tighter and tighter. FML

Full disclosure I am a proud Columbus alumni, and we will ride or die with our people generally speaking.

I’m also mindful of the magnitude of rooster overhaul required to get back on track to climb the mountain of cfb.

I don’t think most people want to admit how far behind we’d fallen. The implementation of a vanilla ice cream spread, zero principles mad dog defense, Rosier heart, & D’eriq King’s gift gave the general pop the soldier Boi We Byke vibes that we all yearn for, but the hard truth is Miami is and has been a lowly mid tier P5 player living on its past for ages now. Just ask Wisconsin otherwise known as Papa Whiskey.

We all care. We all want to be fücking relevant. We don’t have to be delusional, at least I don’t. Others can and will do as they **** well please.
Curious, how long should Big Manny have to turn Maimi around?

It is crazy to me to see some of these schools top prospects actually show interest to. Like even if I wasn't a Miami fan, if I had offers from Miami, USC, Bama, UGA, etc, no way in ******* **** would South Carolina be anywhere close to top 10 on my list of destinations.
Believe it or not, there are ALOT of people who would prefer to live in South Carolina than Miami or LA.

Advertisement
0 years because he shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.
1665535558779.gif

Believe it or not, there are ALOT of people who would prefer to live in South Carolina than Miami or LA.
We also forget most of these kids aren’t anyone in those big cities. They’re not walking around Miami or la like lebron. They are when they’re in Gainesville Columbia etc

Advertisement
Curious, how long should Big Manny have to turn Maimi around?
Manny was first and foremost kin to a Miami politician. So fraud and bait
+ switch sales tactics are hard wired into his DNA. ( **** his father was a key cog in destroying our beloved home field - in favor of Marlins kick backs )

Second of all is a Nole.

Third of all was a cheap hold over from a failed regime, whose only success at Miami was on the back of the previous regime’s recruiting evaluations.

You can clearly see how in demand the dude actually factually was that he took a dead end job at Temple before we swooped in to give him the keys to our broken 1987 firebird of a program.

He then proceeded to burn bridges with our key feeder schools, in the process pull off some of the most moronic stunts I’ve ever heard of from a major CFB program ( see #1 for why ).

That’s before going over x’s & o’s + on field results.

Thank God Borregales missed that chip shot & Jordan Travis found a way on 4th down. Those hurt at the time, but they gave us a chance to awaken the sleeping giant ( Mas Family / Ruiz / Etc ) that would have otherwise remained apathetic to how seriously we needed them to step up.

+ switch sales tactics are hard wired into his DNA. ( **** his father was a key cog in destroying our beloved home field - in favor of Marlins kick backs )

Second of all is a Nole.

Third of all was a cheap hold over from a failed regime, whose only success at Miami was on the back of the previous regime’s recruiting evaluations.

You can clearly see how in demand the dude actually factually was that he took a dead end job at Temple before we swooped in to give him the keys to our broken 1987 firebird of a program.

He then proceeded to burn bridges with our key feeder schools, in the process pull off some of the most moronic stunts I’ve ever heard of from a major CFB program ( see #1 for why ).

Thank God Borregales missed that chip shot & Jordan Travis found a way on 4th down. Those hurt at the time, but they gave us a chance to awaken the sleeping giant ( Mas Family / Ruiz / Etc ) that would have otherwise remained apathetic to how seriously we needed them to step up.
That's all good.

Again, how long should Big Manny have to turn Miami around??

That's all good.

Again, how long should Big Manny have to turn Miami around??

Precisely the amount of time he was given 2 years + his 3 years as DC.

I understand the frustration and overall feeling of despair that the general population is feeling with the state of affairs currently.

Admittedly mistakes were made in the hiring of Coordinators & support staph last year. They were shotgun splash hires that left us shedding more blood than our opposition, but these mistakes were acknowledged & ( hopefully ) rectified promptly.

There was no Goldenesque line in the sand shît. There was simply professional courtesy and a return to our roots ( schematically innovative and aggressive coordinators hungry to ring the fückin bell. Guys who are teachers & understand that superior athletes need to be able to compete with a degree of freedom. )

But most importantly a MAJOR emphasis on thorough evaluation and overall tactical talent acquisition. Particularly in the trenches. It’s a cliche for a reason.

Advertisement
Who would you pick to be the coach right now realistically?

As Neil Young once said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." I would have gone with Kiffin. Football is supposed to be entertaining. That's basically all I want now. I doubt UM ever reaches the mountain top again because of the cronyism that runs from top to bottom at UM. It's not about hiring the best, it's always about hiring the best connected. So at least with Kiffin, I would have a reason to watch games. Even losses can be entertaining. If I watch UM lose to Bama 48-45 on a last second field goal, I don't feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

Basically every Cristobal coached game in 2022 was an exercise in masochism. The UM athletic department should have given gimp suits to fans willing to sit through games.

I actually felt guilty after watching UM beat UVA 14-12. I realized after watching that game that I could have spent that 3 hours playing outside with my kids and it would have been a far, far better use of my time.

Precisely the amount of time he was given 2 years + his 3 years as DC.

I understand the frustration and overall feeling of despair that the general population is feeling with the state of affairs currently.

Admittedly mistakes were made in the hiring of Coordinators & support staph last year. They were shotgun splash hires that left us shedding more blood than our opposition, but these mistakes were acknowledged & ( hopefully ) rectified promptly.

There was no Goldenesque line in the sand shît. There was simply professional courtesy and a return to our roots ( schematically innovative and aggressive coordinators hungry to ring the fückin bell. Guys who are teachers & understand that superior athletes need to be able to compete with a degree of freedom. )

But most importantly a MAJOR emphasis on thorough evaluation and overall tactical talent acquisition. Particularly in the trenches. It’s a cliche for a reason.
I mean Mario

Second of all is a Nole.

I am not sure I'd call richt a failed regime. He won 19 games his first two years and the games we lost tended to be games when Manny was destroyed by a good OC. His last year, I was super critical but you could see something was off. Richt did give us infrastructure we lacked.

As far as Manny, Temple was not necessarily a dead end job for a first year coach. Other coaches have turned that job into a spring board recently.

Manny is a fraud. He is also a super lazy recruiter and insecure. I always say, hes like a guy who won a coach for a day contest. hes not a football guy, hes more a video game guy. his insecurity also made him want to be friends with the players, not their boss.

Advertisement
As Neil Young once said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away." I would have gone with Kiffin. Football is supposed to be entertaining. That's basically all I want now. I doubt UM ever reaches the mountain top again because of the cronyism that runs from top to bottom at UM. It's not about hiring the best, it's always about hiring the best connected. So at least with Kiffin, I would have a reason to watch games. Even losses can be entertaining. If I watch UM lose to Bama 48-45 on a last second field goal, I don't feel like I've wasted 3 hours of my life.

Basically every Cristobal coached game in 2022 was an exercise in masochism. The UM athletic department should have given gimp suits to fans willing to sit through games.

I actually felt guilty after watching UM beat UVA 14-12. I realized after watching that game that I could have spent that 3 hours playing outside with my kids and it would have been a far, far better use of my time.
At least you weren't at the game with your kid like I was lol. And it was my 4 year olds first Miami game and first football game period. Sebastion gave him a high 5 though so he was super excited

At least you weren't at the game with your kid like I was lol. And it was my 4 year olds first Miami game and first football game period. Sebastion gave him a high 5 though so he was super excited

Sebastian was the only bright spot in the 2022 football season. God bless him and bring back his pipe.

Curious what’s your blow it all up number of losses this year.

Essentially what record would prompt you as all powerful all knowing AD to ok the institution that you serve or vice versa to cut a check for Coach Cristobal’s buyout ( & likely most of his staff as well ) & another check of equal amount to bring in another HC +
staff ?

View attachment 247632Who would be your first call?
I ain’t skyman, but I’ll bite.
- The mark is 17 wins minimum over next two years. - canned if he doesn’t reach that.

- I’d imagine the buyout is 2/3rds remaining. Prob will owe somewhere around 30-35Ms.

- Then let Radakovich (even though he terribly botched the baseball hire) hire his own guy.

- Preferably an offensive guru for once

Advertisement
Back