2024 Dylan Stewart 5* DE/Edge from DC currently commited to USCe

Shemar Stewart and David Stone are comparable talents.

Kelly & Wayne are comparable to Dylan Stewart & Marquise Lightfoot. Though Dylan has highest ceiling.

Still think my fave is Bain. All he does is produce no matter where you put him. We take for granted how good he is due to how he was considered a layup. Recruiting sites tried to put him in a box and rated/evaluated him horribly.

Don’t be surprised if his name is next to Stubbs his junior/senior year…
Stewart and it’s not close. But shemar is an inside guy not an edge. Hoping Kelly can produce this year

Advertisement

Kelly & Wayne are comparable to Dylan Stewart & Marquise Lightfoot. Though Dylan has highest ceiling.

Still think my fave is Bain. All he does is produce no matter where you put him. We take for granted how good he is due to how he was considered a layup. Recruiting sites tried to put him in a box and rated/evaluated him horribly.

I don't think Wayne and Kelly are comparable. Wayne will be a 265-270 pound SDE type. Stewart and Kelly are 250 pound WDE types.

Bain is going to have 35 career sacks here IMO. He just seems to have the ability to always get to the QB. Unbelievably excited to see his progress in the weight room and with the nutrition staff as well.

That would put him 2nd all-time behind Stubbs. He's a major talent, but that's a big ask.

I misread the original post there. Thought he only was asking about Stewart Kelly and Shemar. I agree though and Bain is my favorite of the DL recruits we’ve signed in Mario’s time.

Stewart and it’s not close. But shemar is an inside guy not an edge. Hoping Kelly can produce this year
Yep why I think him and Stone are very comparable. The sooner Shemar realizes his money spot is at the 3/5 tech, the better he’ll be.

Advertisement

No one should be taking Bain for granted, especially opposing OCs and QBs. Kid is a BALLER. Kelly and Bain are going to push Messidor, Harvey and Chantz bigtime this season. Freshman AA.

What we're doing at DE (add in Moss, Wayne and Collins) is playoff level. We need to reel in Stewart and the rest of this class and we'll have 3 back-to-back-back classes of absolute beasts.

No one should be taking Bain for granted, especially opposing OCs and QBs. Kid is a BALLER. Kelly and Bain are going to push Messidor, Harvey and Chantz bigtime this season. Freshman AA.

What we're doing at DE (add in Moss, Wayne and Collins) is playoff level. We need to reel in Stewart and the rest of this class and we'll have 3 back-to-back-back classes of absolute beasts.
Agreed. No one has taken Bain for granted that I’ve seen. The opposite really especially how long his recruitment dragged out.

Great discussion topic and there’s no wrong answers but at the moment I would take Bain over everyone.

Hopefully Moss can grow into the role a bit because no doubt he’s super talented.

Agreed. No one has taken Bain for granted that I’ve seen. The opposite really especially how long his recruitment dragged out.

Great discussion topic and there’s no wrong answers but at the moment I would take Bain over everyone.

Hopefully Moss can grow into the role a bit because no doubt he’s super talented.
Guidry’s defense fits Moss so much better than Steele. Go watch highlights of Owen Porter (Marshall)… I think that is what (I hope) Moss can turn into.

Advertisement

Call me biased, but I could see Bain having a similiar freshmen year to Dallas Turner. In that 8-9 sack range, with 10+ TFLs and just generally wreaking havoc. He's that good of a player and in Guidry's defense, he will get plenty of opportunities.

What's like clockwork? That we're drinking the Kool Aid on DEs? If so, pass me another cup.

We have some serious ballers already on roster, the NIL money is there, and JT has entirely changed the dynamic of DE recruiting.

I'm drinking the Kool Aid too, but the last page is about comparisons....which happens in dam near every thread
carry on though

Advertisement
Call me biased, but I could see Bain having a similiar freshmen year to Dallas Turner. In that 8-9 sack range, with 10+ TFLs and just generally wreaking havoc. He's that good of a player and in Guidry's defense, he will get plenty of opportunities.
I quoted this because of the Dallas Turner mention. I see Stewart more like a Dallas Turner than a Bain, Wayne or even a Kelly. I know Kelly has film of rushing the passer standing up but I still view him like a hand in the ground type of player. I believe Stewart has not only the ability to do both but he has the athletic ability to drop into coverage or cover the flats in a pinch. I think he is attracted to Miami because of JT and his style of play plus the creativity of Guidry’s defense. This kid is a game changer for us on the outside if we sign him.

I quoted this because of the Dallas Turner mention. I see Stewart more like a Dallas Turner than a Bain, Wayne or even a Kelly. I know Kelly has film of rushing the passer standing up but I still view him like a hand in the ground type of player. I believe Stewart has not only the ability to do both but he has the athletic ability to drop into coverage or cover the flats in a pinch. I think he is attracted to Miami because of JT and his style of play plus the creativity of Guidry’s defense. This kid is a game changer for us on the outside if we sign him.
Stewart looks like he's going to fill out and be physical asf. It looks like he can do it all

Advertisement
What's like clockwork? That we're drinking the Kool Aid on DEs? If so, pass me another cup.

We have some serious ballers already on roster, the NIL money is there, and JT has entirely changed the dynamic of DE recruiting.
Oh No GIF

Dylan Stewart is a problem...would be unfair if we land him witht he last group of edge we have landed.
He's in line with Kelly but a step above from an athleticism stand point.

Also here is the youtube link for Cam n Mase podczast/show

Advertisement
Back