2024 Dylan Stewart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
And what if they are not met, what the outcome? All we get is endlessless meaningless whining all summer cuz he aint going nowhere 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We all know that. No one is saying he’s gonna be fired or even should be. That’s ridiculous imo. You can be unhappy w the results where we stand today. The recruiting class was great. Let’s hope the on the field is way better than last year.

We all know that. No one is saying he’s gonna be fired or even should be. That’s ridiculous imo. You can be unhappy w the results where we stand today. The recruiting class was great. Let’s hope the on the field is way better than last year.
No thats not it, no one is happy about 5-7, not even the most ardent slurper. Yet some of u man do want Cristobal gone i seen them in the comments.

We have endured a whole summer of whining and it continues. Whats the point? he aint leaving and this is why they gave him a 10 year contract for people like that who always makes the job unstable and makes it much mlre difficult than it already is to recruit.

No thats not it, no one is happy about 5-7, not even the most ardent slurper. Yet some of u man do want Cristobal gone i seen them in the comments.

We have endured a whole summer of whining and it continues. Whats the point? he aint leaving and this is why they gave him a 10 year contract for people like that who always makes the job unstable and makes it much mlre difficult than it already is to recruit.
It’s a message board. The **** else we gonna talk about during a dead time? How great the grass at green tree looks? We gave him too long of a contract for a guy who’s never won a title or made a playoff but that was the only we could get him along w no one else would get the money support from the mafia. The whining will go away once we kick off and there are things to talk about. Should we just talk about recruiting? Honestly, it doesn’t even matter what I think bout Mario. I liked the hire not the contract but understood we didn’t have any leverage. You’re right. He isn’t going anywhere. That’s also another argument for another day in how inept Miami is in terms of their hiring within overall.

Mario needs to adapt like Kirby has. Too many rookie coach mistakes last year. As a HC on game day Kirby, like Mario, was considered by many a corch. As you said, he hired great assistants and let them work.

We’ll see if Mario does the same….

People give Mario credit where it is due. Other people are overly critical. Others create a false narrative around Mario’s ability on the positive side.

5-7. Slow hirings firings. A disastrous staff. Blown out multiple times at home. Embarrassed by FSU after inviting a recruit showcase. Inept gameday coaching. Questions around the portal. Recruiting at a standstill.

Yea. The hope and sunshine has worn off for a few folks and some have moved into show me mode…

Here’s an example: fans are excited to see what Dawson has up his sleeve. If you tell most of those same excited fans, it’s Dawson running Mario’s offense, that excitement is cut in half at a minimum…
There's the problem. You're stating lets see if Mario adapts too like he hasn't already... Shannon Dawson runs a version of an air raid! Yet no one gives him credit for that. They look for the negative in it. Let's critique the sunshine pumpers etc yet everything is perfect with people like yourself right now who continuously paint a false narrative towards the negative... Only thing that can't be argued is THE RESULTS OF LAST SEASON... The record of 5-7 is the only given. Feel free to stick to that critique. Because it's exactly what happened. But to say the remarks about the staff that was hired and the portal is grossly inaccurate. Each and every one of those dudes that came in last year as a staff including gattis were highly regarded. Opinions are irrelevant. It was impossible to predict how all of the egos would clash from coaches,to players,to injuries, over and over things spiraled. It created a **** show. You mention fspoo than qualify it by stating the recruiting showcase. Well guess what last season and all those results still led to the #7 ranked class that should've been far higher regardless of things Mario couldn't control. It's still #7 now u bring up the portal class. It's ranked #7 in the country for that too... You people are just *****ing cause it's in y'all's nature at this point. You had all these issues last year, well he addressed every one of them. He fired gattis, we have a new DC both of which are regarded highly and people that know are impressed. But it's still not enough. So don't tell us where the false narrative comes from when you're employing one. No need to pump sunshine. No need to constantly tell everyone it's all burning to the ground. It's not that difficult to as you said see what comes about from the changes that we're made. Give it a try.

Advertisement
There's the problem. You're stating lets see if Mario adapts too like he hasn't already... Shannon Dawson runs a version of an air raid! Yet no one gives him credit for that. They look for the negative in it. Let's critique the sunshine pumpers etc yet everything is perfect with people like yourself right now who continuously paint a false narrative towards the negative... Only thing that can't be argued is THE RESULTS OF LAST SEASON... The record of 5-7 is the only given. Feel free to stick to that critique. Because it's exactly what happened. But to say the remarks about the staff that was hired and the portal is grossly inaccurate. Each and every one of those dudes that came in last year as a staff including gattis were highly regarded. Opinions are irrelevant. It was impossible to predict how all of the egos would clash from coaches,to players,to injuries, over and over things spiraled. It created a **** show. You mention fspoo than qualify it by stating the recruiting showcase. Well guess what last season and all those results still led to the #7 ranked class that should've been far higher regardless of things Mario couldn't control. It's still #7 now u bring up the portal class. It's ranked #7 in the country for that too... You people are just *****ing cause it's in y'all's nature at this point. You had all these issues last year, well he addressed every one of them. He fired gattis, we have a new DC both of which are regarded highly and people that know are impressed. But it's still not enough. So don't tell us where the false narrative comes from when you're employing one. No need to pump sunshine. No need to constantly tell everyone it's all burning to the ground. It's not that difficult to as you said see what comes about from the changes that we're made. Give it a try.

this. ☝️

disagree on gattis but the rest is fine. I can say disagree bc there are a number of articles regarding gattis, his issues, and his relationship with his prior HCs. either way, it was a seen as a big time hire bc of the award he didnt deserve and it didnt work out. Mario at least corrected it immediately the way Manny did with enos. now lets see If Dawson is the guy

And what if they are not met, what the outcome? All we get is endlessless meaningless whining all summer cuz he aint going nowhere 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then we'll ***** about it, some more than others. That's the nature of message boards and human nature in general for better or worse. You're not new to this, so why are you acting like it? You don't like a person's posting style, block them, it works great I hear.

This Capt Save A Ho act though, it isn't a good look. That and there's not enough time in the day to man it like you'd need to. What you see as whining is often people just venting or wondering what's going on. Where's the hope, I say this, feed me something positive.

I apologize if the Capt comment offends you. I generally speak my mind, so I'm going to leave it rather than have to edit and change it up above.

disagree on gattis but the rest is fine. I can say disagree bc there are a number of articles regarding gattis, his issues, and his relationship with his prior HCs. either way, it was a seen as a big time hire bc of the award he didnt deserve and it didnt work out. Mario at least corrected it immediately the way Manny did with enos. now lets see If Dawson is the guy
Actually I'm sure y'all will find a way to say I'm just choosing sides so feel free to ask anyone y'all trust in what they tell you. Each & every single one of them would tell you MANDY HAD ZERO TO DO WITH ENOS MOVING ON... He was told he has to go. & To mention what you feel gattis deserved or not was irrelevant as it's a simple fact. He won that award... No one is gonna take that away from him. He was considered a good hire all on his own. Period. Like I said the hires can't be critiqued because of the eventual results. They were all considered **** good hires. Period. Now y'all look in the rear view and say he made horrible hires. Does McDonald's say that when someone steals a burger they didn't pay for? Everyone has accountability in last seasons results. Y'all just only wanna put everything on gattis and Mario... Perfect.

Advertisement
Nope. Not at all... Past that I'm not answering YOUR question. But while you choose to give Kirby credit for everything at bama, you're consciously choosing not to give Mario any. You guys just choose to talk **** about Mario(supposedly y'all's teams head coach)to no end. Kirby has built a monster over there (due to the staff he has compiled & dirty games) but it took him time to do. And that was with a far more advanced model than we had here. So why wouldn't y'all be bright enough to give Mario that same time. No God **** team was built overnight yet y'all just refuse to stop. It's annoying as ****. Every God **** thing that happens y'all act like the world is coming to an end. But whenever something positive is said y'all turn around and say something negative to offset it. Y'all just natural pain freaks...
Real talk. Love how you provide a unique perspective and try - sometimes fruitlessly - to educate those who don’t know …on exactly what they don’t know. You’re a gift to the forums. Don’t change.

Then we'll ***** about it, some more than others. That's the nature of message boards and human nature in general for better or worse. You're not new to this, so why are you acting like it? You don't like a person's posting style, block them, it works great I hear.

This Capt Save A Ho act though, it isn't a good look. That and there's not enough time in the day to man it like you'd need to. What you see as whining is often people just venting or wondering what's going on. Where's the hope, I say this, feed me something positive.

I apologize if the Capt comment offends you. I generally speak my mind, so I'm going to leave it rather than have to edit and change it up above.
The staff dont need no one to save them. Thats the whole point. All yall doing is pizzing off everyone, droning on and on like Mario is gonna leave anytime soon. Its the same thing over and over and over and then what happens is the people who may know things leave the board because yall start attacking them, directly or indirectly. I do my fair share of criticism, but i cannot come on here everyday just to be mad.

After i realized Al Golden was never firing No D i accepted it and watch it play out. Why give myself high blood pressure while im in my 20s? Its pointless. Have your feelings, state your opinion, disagree, alll that is fine. Yall get progressively angry soon as someone provide counter point

It’s a message board. The **** else we gonna talk about during a dead time? How great the grass at green tree looks? We gave him too long of a contract for a guy who’s never won a title or made a playoff but that was the only we could get him along w no one else would get the money support from the mafia. The whining will go away once we kick off and there are things to talk about. Should we just talk about recruiting? Honestly, it doesn’t even matter what I think bout Mario. I liked the hire not the contract but understood we didn’t have any leverage. You’re right. He isn’t going anywhere. That’s also another argument for another day in how inept Miami is in terms of their hiring within overall.

That's not exactly going too great at the moment. We should stick to the grass discussion.

Advertisement
anyone know how much it would cost to rip out grass and put turf into a yard?
I hear this fella gives great service at really affordable prices

chappelles show dancing GIF

Actually I'm sure y'all will find a way to say I'm just choosing sides so feel free to ask anyone y'all trust in what they tell you. Each & every single one of them would tell you MANDY HAD ZERO TO DO WITH ENOS MOVING ON... He was told he has to go. & To mention what you feel gattis deserved or not was irrelevant as it's a simple fact. He won that award... No one is gonna take that away from him. He was considered a good hire all on his own. Period. Like I said the hires can't be critiqued because of the eventual results. They were all considered **** good hires. Period. Now y'all look in the rear view and say he made horrible hires. Does McDonald's say that when someone steals a burger they didn't pay for? Everyone has accountability in last seasons results. Y'all just only wanna put everything on gattis and Mario... Perfect.

[BGCOLOR=initial]Your point there were multiple issues last year that resulted in UM's 5-7 record, and that it's not 100% on Mario and Gattis (and everyone should be held accountable), is a fair one. Players weren't executing or holding themselves accountable on the field. Assistant coaches and staff weren't communicating properly. Mario inherited a roster full of holes and with problems. Injuries piled up at inopportune times and places. And the team was all-around dysfunctional. It's impossible to win that way. IMO the HC is always the "most" accountable, but I do agree that all coaches, players, and staff contributed to that 5-7 record to varying degrees and they should each own it.[/BGCOLOR]

However, and while I respect your opinion, I will never agree "the hires can't be critiqued because of the eventual results." You are what your record says you are, and ultimately all that matters are the results on the field. Mario himself would say as much.

Has Mario attempted to address the staff issues by hiring a new OC, new DC, and making other staff changes? Yes.
Did people think Gattis/Steele/Strong/Ponce were "**** good hires" last year? Most people did, yes (you just wrote it yourself).
[BGCOLOR=initial]Did it matter "people that know" thought they were good hires? No, not at all. Worst UM offense in my lifetime, and the defense wasn't good either.[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Was last season a terrible, 5-7 season, notwithstanding these supposed "**** good hires"? Absolutely and undeniably, yes.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]So how do we know these supposed "good hires" will actually win games, when last year's "good hires" were an abortion on game days? The only answer is we don't until we see it on game days.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Either way, season can't get started soon enough. I'll be out there watching in orange and green rooting on my team. But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about some of the things I saw last season and this off-season, as well as the current trajectory of our 2024 recruiting class.[/BGCOLOR]

I will never agree "the hires can't be critiqued because of the eventual results."
That's not what I'm saying... You can choose to critique whether or not it worked out which clearly it didn't. However the results have zero to do with were they individually initially considered good hires... The results don't change the initial thought behind why he hired each of them. That's not up for critique because each and every one of them(Ponce being the least of the group on either side of the ball)was very well regarded. That's a fact. That's what's not up for critique. Far as worst offense I wouldn't care what anyone says I'll stick with Patrick nix and in some ways I might even say coley. This offense from last season wasnt geared towards what was on the field. But as an offense there was a lot left out there due to whatever factors beyond play calling.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back