Dwyer WR Tavares Martin is impressing

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
After a breakout year at John I Leonard high school, 2015 wide receiver Tavares Martin has garnered the attention of many top college programs.

However, Martin recently transferred to Dwyer high school after his offensive coordinator resigned at John I. Leonard.

"I was talking to college coaches while evaluating my decision and they were just giving me good input about how I just need to be developing as a player so that I can compete on the college level," said Martin.

"After sitting down with everyone at Dwyer, me and my daddy came to the decision that I was going to go there. Pretty much based on because they put tons of players in college every year," said Martin.

Martin, who stands in at six-foot-one 165-pounds, currently holds offers from top schools like Miami, West Virginia, Ohio State, UCF, North Carolina and Florida State among others.

Martin picked up his offer from Miami while he was visiting for the Florida game last season.

"I was real happy you know, because if you get an offer from Miami it's pretty huge and it definitely means a lot," said Martin.

Miami was one of the first schools to show interest in Martin and he appreciates that. So what were some other things that stuck out about Miami for Martin?

"They're good you know. They my hometown team so you got to like them since they in my backyard," said Martin. "They had one of the best teams when I was a kid growing up, and they're still considered one of the top teams today."

Miami head coach Al Golden and receivers coach Brennan Carroll are the coaches Martin talks to most.

"We just talk about how I fit into the system and how they really like me as a person and a player. We get to talk about the school and basic stuff like how the campus looks and all that," said Martin.

Martin is definitely one of the most underrated playmakers in the state for the 2015 class. How does he describe his play on the field?

"I'm definitely physical. I'm the type of receiver that can spread the field. I can make my presence felt vertically. I don't have a whole lot of size but I make the best of the size I do have," said Martin.

Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1346869/highlights/14104373

**Photo via 247sports.com

Advertisement
I want to take this interview seriously and give the kid a chance but im done with Dwyer. Good interview though Nash and wish the kid luck but im not falling for this trick again

I won't fall for the Dwyer banana in the tail pipe again. JD was the last straw.

It drives me crazy....I live about a half of a mile from Dwyer and see all these D1 prospects going anywhere but Miami. Luckily, there are plenty of talented WRs elsewhere in S FL this year.

Advertisement
67.gif

Ain't gonna lie, he's my favorite wr after Ridley. Film is nuts.

Explosive, catches everything with hands,great body control and great hops.

Too bad he's a Dwyer kid now, I'm sure Jack will have him at UF or taint.

Maybe the next name on the long list of dwyer studs over the last decade to go to the U.

Including:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Martin, who stands in at six-foot-one 165-pounds, currently holds offers from top schools like Miami, West Virginia, Ohio State, UCF, North Carolina and Florida State among others.

Gee, I wonder where this Dwyer kid will end up going...

435.gif

Advertisement
Ain't gonna lie, he's my favorite wr after Ridley. Film is nuts.

Explosive, catches everything with hands,great body control and great hops.

Too bad he's a Dwyer kid now, I'm sure Jack will have him at UF or taint.
This!!!

Advertisement
Back