Dwayne Lawson Update 12-8

they better hope Kayaa doesn't get hurt next year or Malik Rosier will be running the show

Our QB depth chart next year will look abysmal behind Kaaya if Lawson doesn't stick.

For all the talk about Allison, we'd need 3 QBs in 2016 if Lawson bolts because of how awful QB recruiting has been (aside from Kaaya) over the past 4 years.

Advertisement
Hearing that USF is close to securing an official visit with him. USF has kept a tab on Lawson the entire year and they feel like they have a serious shot with an official visit to flip him. They're heavily selling the fact that he could start from day one at USF, compared to Miami where he'd have to wait 2 years minimum. It's been mentioned before that Lawson is looking around, but the only school that really seems a threat to me is USF due to the hometown factor and depth chart. I wouldn't call him gone yet, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable calling him in this class.

Pretty sure they said the same thing to Flowers last year..

Is a school like USF really going to come in and take our QB who has been committed for months... incredible.

Advertisement
Being that he from Tampa and would have the opportunity to start for his home team worries me. Hopefully he stick...

Hearing that USF is close to securing an official visit with him. USF has kept a tab on Lawson the entire year and they feel like they have a serious shot with an official visit to flip him. They're heavily selling the fact that he could start from day one at USF, compared to Miami where he'd have to wait 2 years minimum. It's been mentioned before that Lawson is looking around, but the only school that really seems a threat to me is USF due to the hometown factor and depth chart. I wouldn't call him gone yet, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable calling him in this class.

Well if he gets a RS his first year and Kaaya leaves after his Junior year to the NFL, he would only lose 1 year and could potentially start as a RS Soph.

Hence, still waiting 2 years versus at South Florida where he can come in and probably start as a true freshman.

Cool...by that logic, he should probably just go to Appalachian St. since he'd probably start there as a true freshman as well.

...or USF...

When Kaaya signed, he thought he would be redshirting a year and then in a QB competition with a redshirt sophomore in K. Olsen. Anything can happen, and it can happen in an instance.
It's Coley's job to convince Lawson that he could benefit from being behind Kaaya, and that his opportunity is always just one play away. You shouldn't look for the best place to simply be a starter early, but the place the gives you the best chance to succeed as a starter in the long run. If the goal is to be an NFL QB, it's a marathon not a sprint. Hopefully he sticks, because he has a lot of potential and there is zero proven depth behind Kaaya.

Coley will Have Rosier ready, but if we lose Lawson, we probably will chase Parr or Ryan Stanley....

Advertisement
I don't believe for a second USF is a legit threat here. That would be a death sentence for any kid.

Look for McElwain and UF to make a push for Lawson.

You sell him on one play from starting.

Just like Ohio State this year, Clemson's QB this year, Maryland of years past.
You also sell him on leaving home to be your own man, to grow up, experience life, also sell him on Coley's ability to develop QB's, you sell him on Targets to throw to, you sell him on a better school, you sell him on a better OL to protect him, you sell him on playing in a much better conference than garbage AAC.

Advertisement
Sell him on Coley playing a part in the development of mobile QBs that became first round picks (Ponder, Manuel) and having a big hand in the recruitment of Winston and Kaaya, 2 big time current college QBs.

I wouldn't sleep on USF. They have been known to snag some of the top local talent.

Like who?

The coaching staff is a mess. Taggert is a corch and is already scapegoating people year 2 into his gig. That program is a mess.

It's either us or UF for Lawson.

Advertisement
I don't believe for a second USF is a legit threat here. That would be a death sentence for any kid.

He started following Francois on Twitter , the IMG QB who committed to FSU, they have 3 Qbs committed

He started following Francois on Twitter , the IMG QB who committed to FSU, they have 3 Qbs committed

I'm not too worried about FSU in this case. I think it's UM vs UF for Lawson.

Advertisement
Back